Status: Oneshot//Completed

I Just Want to Be With You

.001

“Fucking hell Joe I told you we’re going on tour in a week, a week, seven days, a hundred and sixty-eight hours. We’re going on god-damn tour and you’re coming too!” Steven snapped at me as we left the bar. I rolled my eyes, typical Steven Tyler. Just because he only had heroin as a lover doesn’t mean that he needed to be completely unreasonable.

“Steven for fucks sake I’ve already told you I’m not going on tour because I’m the one who always ends up babysitting the rest of you.” I replied matter-of-factly while Steven snorted in disbelief

“Now that’s a bunch of bullshit Joe and we both know that.” He told me. “That’s never bothered you before and you don’t babysit us, you’re over exaggerating as usual. You just don’t want to go on tour because of Anna.” He spat her name out like it was poison.

“That’s not true!” I replied as Steven waved his hand impatiently.

“Bullshit. I don’t see why you’re head over heels with her she’s fucking using you. I bet you any money she is.” Steven said as I waved my hand to try and hail a cab, for the both of us. It went silent for a moment as I looked at the concrete, the wall, the road, anything but Steven’s face. “Look Joe, I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have said that.” Steven admitted after a moment, I continued to ignore him. “Are you just going to ignore me until I beg you to forgive me?” Steven asked, a sly smile appearing on his face. I rolled my eyes, who knew what mischief Steven Tyler was up to on a Saturday night, with nothing to do the following morning.

“Steven, you don’t know a damn thing about me and Anna.” I replied coldly as a cab pulled up, I opened the door and got in.

“Move the hell over Joe because whether you like it or not, I’m getting in that cab.” Steven joked, as I slid over and allowed Steven to get in.

“Where to?” The taxi driver asked in a bored tone, like he had no idea what so ever who was sitting in his taxi.

“Herbert Road.” Steven replied as he winked at a few passing girls before he shut the door and looked at me. “Really Joe, I don’t know a thing about you and Anna? If I’m as blind as to what’s been going on why don’t you fill me in, why don’t you make me see?” He asked as he put his face millimetres away from mine. The driver gave us a weird look, like we were gays or something. I of course am no-where near gay and well Steven that still remains unclear if you catch my drift.

“There’s nothing to tell Steven. I mean if you already know what’s going to happen why should I bother in telling you and wasting my valuable breath.” I replied as I looked out the window, beside me Steven sighed he was getting tired of my attitude. Surprising, I deal with him for ten years and take two vacations then in ten entire minutes he gets sick of me.

“Okay, maybe I was wrong I mean I’m just assuming that Anna is like every other girl who just wants in our pants for our money, but of course it’s always possible that I was wrong. So I apologize Joe for saying rude and vulgar things about her. Please forgive me, oh please please forgive me?” Steven said to me, I looked at him as he tilted his head at me and winked. This was as close as he was ever going to get to actually apologizing and meaning it.

“Fine, I forgive you.” I answered automatically as Steven smirked.

“So, how’s your love life going?” He persisted, I let out a groan, sometimes I needed a break from Steven, a long, relaxing vacation. I shook my head and rolled my eyes as the taxi stopped at a red light

"Just fine and yours?" I answered, through gritted teeth,

"Peachy, just peachy." He replied, the smirk stretching across his face. He knew it was getting to me, he knew it and he was happy about it.

"That'll be $34.78." The driver announced as he pulled over. Steven mumbled something incoherent under his breath as he reached into his pocket and pulled out his wallet. I swung the door open and climbed out as Steven dug through his wallet and handed the driver a $50.00

"Keep the change, compliments of Steven Tyler and Joe Perry." He told the driver as he handed him the bill. The driver shot both of us a look of gratitude before he pocketed the money and drove away. "So are you going to tell me what's wrong?" He asked me after the cab driver had driven away.

"Nothing's wrong." I said in a level tone causing him to roll his eyes.

"Oh okay," Steven said pausing for a moment before he turned to me, "so what’s wrong?" He asked again.

"Nothing's wrong." I repeated as we began to walk towards Steven's apartment.

"Oh okay," Steven said as the thought for a moment. "So what's wrong?" He asked as I rolled my eyes.

"Nothing's wrong except this ass munch keeps talking to me and asking the same thing again and again and it's making me want to punch him in the face." I replied, starting to get annoyed with his attitude. This was just the beginning I would have to deal with him for the next three months like this, great, just great.

"Oh, you poor thing." Steven replied in mock concern as I rolled my eyes. Why him in the band, why him? Steven muttered something incoherent under his breath as we reached the front of the apartment and he reached into his pocket, searching for his keys.

"Lost something?" I asked in an innocent voice as I brushed a strand of hair out of my eyes.

"Yeah my keys," He started before he looked at me, "did you. Did you take my keys?" He said as he turned to me, I gave him a blank look before he rolled his eyes and held out his hand to me.

"Fine, fine, I'll give 'em back." I mumbled as I took his keys out of my pocket and reluctantly dropped them in Steven's hand. He whistled merrily as he unlocked the door then ushered me inside, shutting the door behind me. We climbed the two flights of stairs up to where Steven's room was. Of course he was rich enough to buy the entire apartment complex he said that it'd be more fun if he just lived in a room, like a normal person. He opened the door to his room and I walked in behind him shutting it. The room was filled with bright colors and psychedelic patterns everywhere.

"Had some spare time?" I observed as I blinked a few times trying to adjust to all the bright colors.

"Just a smidge." He replied with a chuckle. "I'm actually thinking about redoing it again, but I'm not sure what." He said turning to me holding two cans of beer, offering one to me. Gingerly I accepted and took a drink while looking around the room.

"Maybe some abstract, y'know black and white." I suggested as Steven nodded his head his curly hair bouncing up and down while he considered it. "It would make it look classy almost." I added after a moment.

"That would be nice." He admitted after a moment before he turned to me. "So how've you been?" He asked as I groaned now I knew why I was here. He never just invited me over for the hell of it; there was always something that he would get out of it. Either song writing wise or personal he'd always get something out of it.

"I've been great." I answered honestly, he paused a moment considering it while I took the opportunity to find myself a seat. I picked a bright black and pink striped seat; Steven's eye for furniture had something, or a lot to be desired.

"How's Anna been?" He asked as he took a drink of his beer. Ah-ha bingo, that's what he wanted to know, the whole reason I was here.

"Great, we've both been great." I answered trying to keep the conversation to a minimum.

“Great? That’s it? Not fantastic or wonderful, just great.” Steven asked again in mock surprise. “I almost forgot to mention that I saw Anna the other day, I came to come and say hi to you guys but you were out so I chatted with Anna for a bit.” I spat out the little beer that I had in my mouth.

“You what?!” I asked as I looked at him. He had that smirk on his face, like he knew something I didn’t, hopefully he hadn’t found the lyrics...

“I chatted with Anna for a while since you had the chords for Livin’ On The Edge and you’re not going on tour with us, I figured that we needed another guitarist and since I don’t know the chords off by heart...” Steven started as he took out a sheet of paper from his pocket and waved it at me. I had a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach, the feeling that those weren’t the chords for Livin’ On The Edge.

“Steven you didn’t.” I said quietly, he just gave me one of those smiles, the smile that I knew so well whenever he had something up his sleeve.

“I didn’t what?” He asked in mock innocence as he unfolded the sheet of paper. “I have to say Joe that I was surprised. Surprised that you never mentioned you’d been working on some new material. Unless didn’t hear you mention it.” I cursed mentally. Why hadn’t I see it coming? I should’ve known that when I couldn’t find them three days ago Steven had probably found a way to get his hands on them.

“I didn’t see why I should mention the lyrics I mean we’re so busy ‘cause of the tour, and we need to focus on that instead of doing like a hundred things at once.” I answered as Steven looked at me in disbelief.

“You kept this from me because you think it can wait until after the tour?” He said as he held up the papers to me, I nodded my head as he sighed and took a drink of his beer. “Joe this is some of the best shit you’ve ever written.” He said plainly earning me to again spit my beer out again.

“What?” I asked, not sure if I actually heard what he had said.

“I said it’s good, it’s probably one of the best things you’ve ever written.” Steven repeated as he sat down. I wiped the beer that had leaked down the corner of my mouth off with my black sleeve before I took another drink of beer.

“Thanks Steven, I mean I know it’s a bit different then our usual material but I just have a feeling.” I started after I swallowed my beer but Steven cut me off.

“You wrote it for Anna.” He interrupted me as I stopped and looked at him, “you wrote it for Anna didn’t you? For when you go on tour.” He said to me in a quiet tone. It went quite for a moment before I nodded my head.

“Yeah I wrote it for Anna.” I admitted as he shook his head at me furiously.

“Why would you do that you idiot! Why? She doesn’t love you for Christ’s sake, she’s using you!” Steven yelled at me as he dropped his beer and it exploded on impact with the hardwood floor.

“Steven you know I’ve always been supportive of your silly antics, the drugs, the women, the stupid publicity shit. Why can’t you be supportive of the one thing I do?” I snapped as I put my beer down on the table and stood up. Steven opened his mouth to reply but I kept going. “I like Anna a lot, I maybe even love her. That’s right I used the L-word! I love her Steven, I want to marry her and I’m scared that if I leave to go on tour she’ll fall for some sleazebag. I’m scared that she doesn’t love me as much as I love her.” I fell silent as I picked up my beer and took a long drink of it.

“You really like her that much?” Was all Steven said as he looked at me. He didn’t sound like the loud boisterous person he normally was, he was quiet surprised almost. “Well this complicates things.” He started with a chuckle.

“Not really, I know that none of the guys really like Anna so I was just gonna sit out this tour, and take a break maybe come up with some more material.” I replied as Steven stared at me like I had gone insane.

“Or, you could call Anna right now, ask her if she wants to come on tour with us, and anyone who doesn’t like her can suck it up.” Steven replied as he picked up the beer can he had spilt and set it on a table. “That includes me.” He added as an afterthought as he turned to me who was still sounding dumb folded, starring at him. “What the hell are you waiting for Joe? Go pick up the phone and give that lovely lady a call!” I laughed at Steven before setting down my beer and walking towards the phone. I slowly dialled in my own number and waited patiently as the phone began to ring. I shot a look at the clock which read 9:23 in its red letters. Anna would already be home she’d probably be eating or curled up on the couch reading some horror story.

“Hello?” Anna answered, she sounded surprised well no duh I was calling from Steven’s house.

“Hey babe I’ve been talking to Steven and after some discussion I was wondering if you wanted to go on tour with us at the end of the week.” I asked, crossing my fingers. Steven was mopping up the mess that he’d made, he winked at me as I shrugged my shoulders.

“What’s she saying? Is it a yes?” He asked me, I shrugged my shoulders.

“Anna?” I asked after a moment of silence on the phone.

“Yes.” She replied simply as I nodded my head calmly.

“Awesome, okay babe I gotta go and go over everything again with Steven I’ll be home soon.” I said as a grin stretched across my face, I scratched my forehead and brushed a few strands of hair out of my face.

“Okay sounds good I’ll see you later,” Anna said I could tell she was smiling. “And Joe.” She said as I moved the phone away from my ear.

“Yeah?” I asked while Steven rolled his eyes.

“I love you.”

“I love you too.” I replied before I disconnected and put the phone back on the receiver.

“And I don’t wanna miss a thinggggggggg” Steven half sang half screeched, happy as hell.

“Oh shut the hell up Steven!” I roared as I burst into laughter and hit him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I know. Not good.

Dedications.
First to the lovely gunner Who I threw into this story because I know how much she loves Joe Perry.
And then to alex tyler is beast Because she's the reason I wrote this period. Without her I'd still be writing my Guns N' Roses, Poison, Motley Crue stories.