Status: Updates will happen, I promise. I can't tell you how often they will be though.

Find Me With the Love You Laid out for Me

Chapter IX

I had been standing in front of my door, watching him almost all night. He had been sitting in the same position the entire time, watching me as I watched him. I had been waiting on a call from Jeremy, no doubt enraged that his friends building had gone up in flames. I just needed all traces of us being there to be gone and that seemed to be the easiest route considering what all was happening. There was a knock at the door, and his eyes flickered towards the door knob, I knew it was Mikey but I wasn’t sure if I should open it.
“Yeah?”
“Have you slept at all?” he asked, yawning.
“No,” I looked over at the clock and noticed it was after seven.
“Gerard you have work.” I shook my head even though he couldn’t see me.
“I’m not going in.”
“Your boss is dead, if you just randomly don’t show up then people are going to be suspicious.” I frowned knowing he had a point. Control could come in handy, but it would be more than one person and I wasn’t very good at it due to lack of practice.
“I’m not leaving him alone.” I stated eying Frank who was now back to watching me.
“You could leave him with me.” it came out quieter.
“There’s no way in hell I’m trusting him.” I stated loudly clenching my fists remembering how he had almost attacked Mikey. It was quiet after that and I sighed.
“Do you have some clothes he could borrow?” I asked softly.
“I should. Why?” I frowned knowing this was a stupid idea.
“Because I’m taking him with me.”
“Uh... ok, I’ll go get some.” I walked over to Frank and grabbed his arm pulling him up.
“Remember what I told you earlier, if you so much as even think about attacking them, I will take you down.” I stated before leading him to the bathroom and handed him a towel telling him to get a quick shower. I didn’t really have to worry seeing as there was no window in it big enough for him to get out of. I shut the door and headed out of my bedroom, catching Mikey in the hall.
“Here, the pants might be a little long on him so he’ll have to cuff them or roll them.” I nodded.
“Do you think it’s a good idea, taking him and everything? What if he attacks someone?”
“I’d much rather have him attack someone that isn’t you. Besides, I told him what would happen if he did.” I thanked him for the clothes and headed back to my room and dropped them off in the bathroom.
“What happens if he attacks someone?” I looked over at Mikey who stood looking worried in the door way.
“I... I’ll kill him.” his eyes widened and he gasped.
“No! You can’t! Gerard, promise me you won’t. His mind or whatever is just clouded right now. He doesn’t realize what he’s doing.”
“If he attacks one person, then he’ll attack another, and then he’ll be back to his blood binge and we’ll be screwed Mikey. I can’t let him get back to that.” I stated and he shut up leaving the room, no doubt angry with me. I headed out, mentally cheering for joy when I saw coffee in the pot. I poured me a mug and headed into my room finding Frank in nothing but a pair of tight jeans, bent forward looking into the mirror while he used my eyeliner. Putting the cap on it, he dropped it on my dresser and walked over pulling on the shirt that Mikey let him borrow. When he turned around I mentally slapped myself as I eyed the skin tight clothing that hugged onto every part of him. He looked at me for a moment before walking to my bed and slipped on his shoes and looked back at me again.
“Uh... ready to go?” I cleared my throat and he nodded. I finished my mug of coffee and opened the door.
“Are you hungry? For... you know, real food? Or thirsty?” he shook his head and I was curious as to why he wasn’t speaking. I nodded though and he followed me out, Mikey was passed out on the couch, his hair sticking up in random places. I grabbed my things off the counter and we headed out.

He walked in silence all the way to work, we stood so close, our arms were constantly brushing, and I was enjoying it. I hadn’t been close to him in years, and all I wanted to do was hold his hand but I held myself back from doing it. Worried that it would make it look like I was slacking, and if I slacked he might go after someone. When we arrived, I lead him to the elevator, and just my luck it was packed. He tensed, his body went stiff when the door closed and despite stopping myself earlier, I reached over and grabbed his hand. He gripped tightly, his nails digging into my hand drawing blood which only made things worse. I watched him closely, his eyes began to glaze over and the dark shade of purple began to show through his hazel green eyes. I shook his arm and he looked up at me, I rubbed his hand softly with my thumb and didn’t remove my gaze until the doors opened and everyone began to get out. Sighing when it was finally over I drug him to my office and quickly shut the door, letting go and headed over to one of my cabinets finding towels and wiped off my hand trying to get rid of the blood. When I was done with that I looked over and he was sitting in one of my chairs staring at the floor, his arms wrapped around his waist. I walked over, kneeling in front of him and grabbed his knee’s.
“I don’t hate you... you know that right?” when he didn’t say anything I continued.
“I blame myself for letting this happen, for what happened to you. I want to help, I want you to get better... so that way you can be Frankie again.” his eyes lifted and he stared at me for a few moments.
“Did you mean it, when you said you would kill me?” his voice was dry, no doubt from thirst and the fact that he hadn’t talked in hours.
“I love you... but I won’t let my love for you, or the guilt that I have get in the way of keeping him safe. I’ve given you the chance to choose, don’t make me have to choose for you.” I explained and he nodded. His arms left his waist and his hands gripped mine, playing with my fingers in his lap before looking away from them.
“I’m so thirsty though.” I nodded.
“I know, I went through it too. But I’m not giving you anything right now, not when I don’t know how you’ll act afterwards.” he nodded still holding onto my hands. I stood up, pulling one hand away and looked around the room.
“I have to get to work, there isn’t much to do, but there’s a Tv. I’ll try and get done early, I know you’ll get bored.” I explained rubbing the back of my neck and pulled away from him. His hand fell into his lap and he stared at it, resembling a lost puppy. I frowned but headed back to my desk anyways. He wasn’t in psycho killer mode right now, and I was grateful for it. There was something about him all of a sudden that made me think of Frankie, my Frankie, not a blood thirsty killer.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short I know... but its a nice chapter right? I liked this one a lot, Frank is more.... Frankie-like now.

Thank you to all of my readers, commenter's, and subscribers!