Status: Updates will happen, I promise. I can't tell you how often they will be though.

Find Me With the Love You Laid out for Me

Chapter II

I raced down the hall pushing my way past everyone, I had once again slept in and was hopefully going to make it to work by the skin of my teeth. I rounded the corner knocking into someone who fell to the ground hard.
“Sorry!” I shouted to whoever it had been. I noticed the closing elevator and picked up the speed.
“Hey wait!” I called, grateful that the door stopped. I slowed down and fixed my hair stepping into the metal box only to stop when I noticed Ashley, my boss standing there.
“Gerard... what a surprise. Running late are we?” she smirked holding her coffee at her lips. I leaned against the cool surface furthest away from her as the door shut.
“Uh yeah, sorry.” I stated softly.
“You know... if you were any other cartoonist you would be fired by now. But seeing as you aren’t just any other cartoonist, I think I’ll let you slide.” she walked over to me as I thanked her quietly. I looked over at the numbers lighting up. Yeah any day now, I really didn’t like being on this thing with her, alone. Even if I was enhanced in more way than one, she still scared the crap out of me. There’s nothing worse than a woman in power who has her eyes on you, especially when they can’t take a hint or stay compelled long enough to give you a breath of relief.
“But this has been happening quite a lot. If you want me to keep covering for you, I think it’s fair that you only return the favor.” again I looked back up at the numbers.
“Um, well I can’t really cover for your Ms. Ashford. So I’m sorry, I thank you again though.” she rolled her eyes, a sickly smile came across her face.
“Heavens no, I don’t want you to cover for me. What do you say about returning the favor in the means of... how about a date? Maybe go out for some dinner perhaps?” I thought about it for a moment. I had two choices, say no and kiss my job goodbye and pray that I can find another decent one. Or I could actually accept the offer, get my head out of my ass and start showing up to work on time so I wouldn’t end up in this situation again.
“Well?” her smile grew into that familiar smirk.
“O-ok.” I answered just as the doors opened.
“Wonderful, I’ll check my schedule and get back with you. Goodbye handsome,” and she strutted out leaving me wanting to crawl into a hole with dynamite and blow myself up. Ew that wouldn’t be a wonderful scene to come across. I shook my head stepping out onto the cement floor and made my way to my own little drawing room which was technically an office, but I refused to call it that. Something about the word made things too professional for me. I dropped my bag onto the chair and opened it up, pulling out my drawings that I had worked on last night. I laid them out and looked at them, making sure I was content and proceeded to work. I think the plus side to having a boss who had an insane crush on you was the fact that they would do a lot for you. For instance I was being given the chance to create my own cartoon show, and if it flew by the big guys even higher upstairs, then I would be given the go. Which was something that I had always wanted, something I had always dreamed about.

I had been working for God knows how long, time always seemed to flow by when my mind had switched over and was focused. What felt like a mere two hours took up my entire work day. And when I was lucky, I would go throughout the day without any interruptions. Sadly today wasn’t one of them.
“Gerard?” a voice called startling me a bit, but I continued to work.
“Uh yeah?”
“How does tomorrow night sound?”
“Um sure tomorrow night. What’s tomorrow night again?” the marker was removed from my hand. I sighed in agitation and looked up, suddenly realizing it was Amy I became nervous again.
“Tomorrow, the date you promised me. I’ll call you tonight once I figure out where we’ll be going. I hope you don’t have anything planned?” I thought about it for a moment. Nothing was coming to mind, not even a pathetic excuse to push it off a few days.
“I’ll take the silence as a no then. Well then, here, I hope that I didn’t ruin your work. Goodbye for now,” she grinned and walked out. Though when she walked I noticed someone else standing in the doorway, someone familiar.
“Gerard.” his tone was calm, hesitated.
“Jeremy.” I replied crisply. He walked in and shut the door behind him.
“You’re smart, showing up someplace where I can’t kill you.”
“Oh trust me, if you wanted to do it badly enough, a mere group of humans wouldn’t stop you. So I can tell your terrified of her, she seems... to be a stalker type. So why don’t you just compel her to leave you alone?” he leaned against the wall and crossed his arms.
“I did once, and again... but for some reason after wards it’s like she’s seeing me for the first time. I just gave up after a while.”
“Huh,” he laughed. I capped my marker and stood up walking over to him till I was in his face.
“What are you doing here? You’re stupid, but not this stupid unless you had a reason.”
“Smart theory, and it’s a good one too because it’s true. I have some info that you need.” he stated.
“Look I quit with all of this stupid stuff. I don’t want anything to do with you, no one else. I’m perfectly content on trying to live a normal life and patching up a gaping hole that’s between me and my brother. So do me a favor and leave, you’ve destroyed enough in my life.” I stated.
“But you don’t even know what I’m going to tell you.” I listened for a moment, his mind was blank and it pissed me off.
“I don’t care, leave, now.” I went to open the door but he pulled it back shut.
“It’s about Frank, Gerard. I know you’ve been looking for him.” he stated.
“Well congratulations, I take it you also realize that I’ve wasted seven years for nothing. He’s dead, and I have just started to move on. Don’t rip my wounds open, after all you’re the one who created them. I trusted you and you betrayed me.” I stated letting go of the door knob.
“And I realize that ok? But I couldn’t let him kill her, look I trusted him too... and I shouldn’t have. He told me that all I had to do was get you alone so he could have you. He said that if I pulled Frank out of the picture that he would leave him alone. I know I shouldn’t have believed him, but I couldn’t lose Kate. You know what it’s like, not knowing if someone’s going to live or not. Be the one who has to control that, do you think that I didn’t try to find a way around it?” he asked looking me dead in the eyes.
“I don’t care anymore, it happened and now I have to deal with the consequences. So please leave.” I stated once again.
“Which is why I went looking for him. It’s what I’ve been doing this entire time, I’ve had some leads that went to dead ends. Some that didn’t, and I finally got somewhere, which is why I risked my ass coming to you. Because I knew you wanted me dead, but I also knew that I had to fix this.” I sighed crossing my arms and looked at him for a good while, I didn’t want to trust him again. I didn’t want to believe him at all. Yet there was something inside of me that felt alive when the idea of Frankie being around surfaced.
“Ok then. What do you know?” a grin crept along his pale face.
“He’s in California, with a clan under the control of a guy named Ryan Cole.” he stated, and I knew that somehow, everything would be okay. Because my Frankie was alive, well a vampire, and Jeremy knew where to find him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well I asked and you gave them to me!
Thank you very much!!
I hope to be updating this every few days, if I don't I'm sorry. I'm winging it right now. lol

Thank you to the five that left me comments!
the loner girl13
LizzyLoo
Ashlee Rose.
ZoieBear
Shed Your Yellow