Extreme Makover: Home Edition

Surprises and Forgiveness

*Nobody's POV*
Kali's eye lids drooped over her eyes, the sweet sounds of Green Day's Wake Me Up When September Ends lulling her into a deep, peacefull sleep. Kali only moved every once in a while when she was uncomfortable, it was really hard to get comfortable when you have your leg in a sling hanging from the ceiling and sleeping in this gown thing that felt like it was dipped in starch and left to dry, then given to the patients and it was more like a towel that was tied in the back, so standing up was not very fun, not that Kali would be doing that anytime soon. She just felt extremely uncomfortable in something that revealing.

-8 in the morning-

"OK guys, c'mon!" Billie wispered.
Billie lead Mike and Tre in to Kali's room.
"Tre, hit her alarm clock, Mike set the balloons free!!!" Billie ordered, pulling out his cell phone and a peice of paper with tons of phone numbers. He began dialing them and telling each person on the other end what would happen and to get their butt's here asap!
Mike and Tre did as told. Well, Tre a little too literally. He smacked his hand down on the alarm clock really hard.
*WABAM!!*
"TRE!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!??!" Billie yelled in a hushed whisper.
"You said hit it!" Billie rolled his eyes and brought in the cake.
"When do we wake her up?"
"Around ten, so everyone else in the hospital are awake."
"I thought we were going to soundproof the room!??"
"Yeah, but just in case!"
Billie ran oustide the door to get some padding.
"Help me stick this up on the walls really quick."

-10 o'clockeh-

"DONT WANNA BE AN AMERICAN IDIOT!!"
Kali woke up to that. That stuff up there ^^.
"WHAT THE HECK!??!"
When Kali looked at the end of her bed to see Billie, Mike and Tre standing there. Billie was holding a boom box that was blaring out American Idiot at the moment. She noticed that there were tons of other people in the room too.
All of My Chemical Romance were standing throughout the room, smiles on their faces and looking sorta tired. Her best friends were standing randomly next to certain band members: Cassie by Bob, Caisey by Gerard and Mikey, Amy by Frankie, and Steph was standing next to Ray, trying to poke his fro.
Kali laughed slightly when she saw Ray put his arms around his head in a sad attempt to protect the sacred fro.
But Kali stopped laughing when her eyes landed on someone standing away from the rest of the people in her room. She had the preatiest hazel eyes in the world that seemed to glint in the sun that filled the room, making her eyes look more enchanted than they were. Her dark brown hair had hot pink steaks randomly throughout it; it looked so preaty and smooth, Kali really wanted to run her fingers through it right now. She was wearing a black pleated skirt, a long sleave white blouse with a grey vest over it and the black robe with her schools patch/crest on the right side of her cheast, black and white above knee socks, a black tie, and black dress shoes. A black and white messanger bag with the same school creast on it as the robe was on her shoulder, her right hand was playing with the strap nervously as she looked at Kali, tears briming her eyes.
"Hannah?" Kali breathed.
She nodded and the messanger bag slipped off her shoulder and landed with a thump on the floor just as a small tear slipped from the corner of her eye and slowly made its way down her cheek.
Kali swallowed the lump that had risen in her throut and tried to fight off the tears that were building up behind her eyes.
"I'm so sorry, Kali. I didn't mean to...." Hannah wispered.
The tension in the room was thick; Billie, Mike, Tre, Bob, Mikey, Gerard, Ray and Frank all were clueless as to what was going on and why the room suddenly got silent and still as the two girls spoke in wispers.
"I-I-"Kali's voice cracked. "I know you didn't."
The tears finally broke free. They fell down Kali's face like a river. Hannah was kneeling beside Kali's bed within the second, tears falling freely and fast, holding onto Kali's hand and saying ''I'm so sorry, Kali, so sorry!" over and over again.
*Kali's POV*
Hannah was holding my hand and sobing. I felt so bad, so bad for everything we've been through, so bad for not speaking to her for so long, so bad for just being the way I was.
"Hannah, I'm so sorry for doing that to you. It wasn't right. I shouldn't have blown up at you for caring so much about me and being worried. You had every right to do what you did." I apoligized. "I'm so sorry for what I've done to you. I'm so sorry for being the way I am."
Hannah sat up a little bit, using her hand that wasn't clasped in mine to wipe the tears from my face. She smiled weakly. But her eyes didn't hold that care and love that was once there, they seemed empty and you couldn't read her feelings, they held no signs of emotion.
"Never say your sorry for who you are!" she said, sternly. "Never apoligize for something you have no control over and can't change. I love you just the way you are, cancer or not."
She smiled widely and the sparkle returned back in her eyes.
"I shouldn't have been so worried over you, I'm just scared of what might happen. I can't lose you, Kali. I can't."she wispered. "You know what'll happen if you go."
I reached up and brought her down into a hug, wispering in her ear, "I'm not going anywhere, Love. I'm staying right here with you, forever!"
I felt her smile and kiss my hair. Hannah pulled away slightly and gave me a small peck on the lips. I smiled into the innocent kiss, enjoying the feeling of her lips on mine once again. A feeling I've been deprived of for so long. A feeling I thought I might never feel again.
We pulled away and I wiped her tears away as she did the same for me.
"It's about time!"
"GOD! I thought you two wouldn't make up, ever!!!"
We looked over at Caisey and Amy who had spoken, smiling and looking at everyone else in the room. All had shocked faces. I don't think Billie, Mike or Tre got the fact that I'm a lezbian......
Uh-Oh....