Extreme Makover: Home Edition

He doesnt deserve the petname..

Hannah looked at me, wondering if I told them about us. I shook my head slightly, looking back at Billie, Mike and Tre, trying to find the words to explain. This situation was so awkward. I didn't know what to do.

"Ummm..." I began.

"You two are, like, in a relationship?" Tre asked, looking slightly uncomfortable.

"Yeah," I said.

"Yeah, they've been going out for a few years now. They are, like, inseparable," Cassie explained.

"Kali, may I ask why Green Day and My Chemical Romance are standing in your hospital room?" Hannah asked cutely.

"Well, I;m not sure why MCR are here, but I do know why Green Day are, kinda," I replied. "Why are you all here anyway?"

"To celebrate the success of your surgery and now, I guess, that you two are together," Billie responded.

"Yeah, Billie called me and told me to come here because there was a fan that really wanted to see us. So..." Gerard trailed off.

"Wow..."I breathed, turning slightly red and feeling embarrassed for the impression I had made on them all.

"So... Who wants to eat the cake?" Mikey Way asked.

"There's cake!?" Hannah asked, perking up at the mention of sweets.

"Yup!"

"Where!?"

"Hannah, calm down, Love!" I said. "You'll get cake faster if you be patient."

"But, Kali!" she whined, stretching out the 'i' for full effect.

I gave her a stern look and she pulled the innocent puppy dog face on me, which immediately caused me to surrender and giver her a small kiss.

"Tre where's the cake?" Tre looked up at Billie, who sighed. "Tre!" he scolded.

"What?" Tre asked, throwing his hands up in the air. "I didn't do anything!"

"Then where's the cake?"

"I don't know, Billie!" Tre defended, annoyed with the fact that Billie was accusing him.

I giggled at the two fighting. They were so funny. I looked up at Hannah, who was running her hands threw my hair. "Hon, do you want to lay with me?" I asked her, smiling softly.

Hannah nodded and I moved over as far as I could to make room for her. She laid down next to me and held my hand. I smiled at her and she gave me another small kiss.

"So..." I heard a voice come from my right.

I looked over and Mikey Way was sitting in the chair. He was looking at me with a curious look on his face.

"Hi," I said shyly.

"Hi. Kali, right?" he asked.

"Yeah, 'sup?" I said smoothly. I couldn't believe I was so calm. I was having a normal conversation with Mikey Way like I did it everyday.

"Nothing much. You?"

"Well, if you exclude the fact that I'm in a hospital room with Green Day, My Chemical Romance, my girlfriend and my best friends, not at all looking forward to my dad or sister coming to see me, and the fact that schools gonna be a bitch when I get back, nothin' much is happenin'," I said shrugging.

"Wow..." he breathed, looking appalled. "Seems to me like that's a whole lot of nothing."

"Well, to me it's nothin'," I shrugged. "I'm always worrying or stressed about som'ppin'."

Mikey chuckled. My eye brows furrowed and I looked at him questioningly. "What?"

"You say something weirdly."

"Yeah, I get told that a lot. My L.A. teacher gets mad at me because she says, 'It's not proper grammar to be talking like that!'," I explained, trying to mock my teachers voice. "It's dumb, really."

"Have you ever tried to pronounce it right?"

"Yeah. I spent many detentions tryin' to learn. She gave up on me after a month."

"You had a month of detentions just because you couldn't say 'something' right?"

"Yeah, it sucked," I said.

"That is the dumbest thing to be given a month of detentions for."

"Kali?" Hannah whispered in my ear, sending chills down my spine.

"What, love?"

"Look," she said, noding her head towords Billie, Mike, Tre, Gerard Cassie and Steph, who were all on the ground in a messy heap. I immediatly started giggling as Cassey went to come over to us, but ended up on the floor with the others.

"Caisey! Get your ass outa my face!" Steph hollered.

"I can't! Somhow, Tre got on top of me!"

"Well, tell him to move! I'm squished-ded here!" Cassie demanded.

"No, why don't you?"

"Because I'm better than you!"

"Oh, no you di-in't!"

Hannah, Mikey and I burst out laughin when Frank tried to get up but tripped over an abandoned shoes and landed on top of Gerard, giggling like a school girl when her crush walked by and waved. And to make matters worse, Tre started talking in a fake british naval captian voice. That just caused us to laugh harder. I was holding onto Hannah tightly, hoping that I wouldn't die of laughter. That would be a funny way to die.... of laughter!

"What's so damn fun-AH! Frank! EWWW!" Gerard screamed as Frank licked his face.

"How is me licking your face 'EWW!', my Gee-Gee Bear?" Frank asked, still on top of Gerard.

"Gee-Gee Bear?" I asked, trying to cantain my laughter. So many Frerard idea's were running through my head at the moment as I watched the two on the floor. I smiled as Frank glared at me, wrapping his arms around Gerard in a protective maner and said, "My Gee-Gee Bear!"

"But, Gerard!" Ray whined from next to my bed. I looked over Hannah to see him and Bob standing there. When did that happen? "I thought you loved me?" Ray's bottom lip quivered and he seriously looked like he was gunna cry.

Oh, so Ray is jelous of Frank and Gee's relationship because of his undying love for Gerard? My eyes must have been shinning with the aspect of so many idea's running through my head at once. I was so eager to write. If only I had my notebooks....

"NO! He loves me and my sexiness, Ray!" Frank said. "Gee-Gee Bear will never love a... crayon-eater!!"

Everyone in the room but Frank gasped at the statement.

"Take it back, Frank!" Bob demanded as Ray cried into his shoulder.

"Never!"

"Wow..." I breathed out.

"What?" Mikey asked me.

"So... dramatic..."

A knock came from the hospital room door. We all looked over at it to se my dad and my sister, who looked slutier than ever, slowly opened the door and steped in.

"Can I have a word with Kali?"

I sighed and looked at Hannah, who had a look on her face as if she was afraid to leave. i smiled at her reassuingly before looking up at Billie and nodded, signalling that it was alright for them to let my dad talk to me.

"Alright," Billie sighed.

"We'll be just out in tha hall," said Mikey.

"It'll be okay, Kali," Hannah reassured me.

"Thanks," I breathed out as I lightly kissed her before she got off the bed and followed everyone out of the door.

I looked over at them, seeing that look on their faces. I knew what was to come. But I wasn't prepared for the harshness of their words and how bad they stung. Why did it hurt so much if I didn't care?

"So, you're still with...her!?" Dad commented, outraged that I wasn't a 'normal' girl who dreamed of the left fielder on the football team at school.

"She has a name. It's Hannah! And why the fuck do you care?" I yelled, pissed.

"It's... Gross!" Mel spat.

"She's younger than you!" My dad yelled, throwing his hands out.

"So? Two years... big deal!" I responded, all of my pent up anger and frustration from not being with Hannah and thinking I messed everything up was finally unleased. And it felt so good. "You and mom were five years apart!"

"But, you are underage!" he exclaimed.

"You both were at one point too!" I protested. "Soon, we'll both be legal and you can't do a thing about what we do!"

"Just because me and your mother were around your age when we began dating, doesn't mean that you can go around.... screwing girls!"

I gasped and stared at him in shock. "I am not a whore, father!" I couldn't call him dad anymore. He didn't deserve that petname anymore. "Mel, on the other hand...."

"Don't you dare speak to my daughter like that!"

I held my breath as he said that. Was I not his daughter any longer? Was I not that important to him?