Status: This Story is Complete

I Fell For You

Two women in California were the best of friends. In 1986, those women gave birth to two beautiful children, almost three months apart. The first was born on September third, a little red-headed boy covered in freckles. The second was born on November thirtieth, a small brunette girl with sky blue eyes.
The children ended up living right across the street from each other and somewhere between taunting her black-framed glasses and making fun of his red hair, the two became best friends. They went through literally everything together, from graduating from kindergarten, to his first dog, to her first kiss.
Until one day when her parent’s died in a tragic accident and she had to move all the way up to Canada to live with her aunt and uncle. He begged his mom to let her stay with them, she cried when she realized she had to go. They hugged each other one last time and said goodbye, promising they would keep in touch with each other no matter what. They were eleven the last time they saw each other.
He went on to be an Olympic gold medalist in snowboarding and the more famous he became, the harder it was for them to keep in contact. It’s not been twelve years since they’ve last seen each other and five years since they last talked.