Status: Inactive

Crimson Blood

Chapter 4: Lockdown

Brilliant. Just brilliant.

I am now stuck in a room with a psychopath who will stop at nothing to kill me. "FUCK THEY CAN'T BE SERIOUS!" Hunter yelled about to kick the door.

"If you break this door down, I will just reinforce it with something stronger." Ben said on the other side of the door and with that Hunter started to bang his head against the door. I mean it when I say I started to roll on the floor laughing. That was probably not a smart thing to do because the next thing I knew, I was pinned against the wall. Again.

"What the hell are you laughing at bitch!? This is all your fault!" Hunter growled. At this point his grip was suffocating me so I did something that I thought would never work.

"Is that your slutty girlfriend over there on the balcony?" I asked in a choked voice while pointing towards the window. To my utter relief the idiot believed me and dropped me. Once his hand let go of me I made a beeline to the bathroom. By the time he realized I lied I was almost in the bathroom.

"BITCH!" He screamed and was running straight towards the open door of the bathroom. I slammed and locked the door. I heard pounding and a lot of swearing from Hunter.

"I seriously cannot believe you fell for that!" I said laughing after I had caught my breath.

"BITCH I WILL GET YOU FOR THAT!" I simply rolled my eyes.

"That line is getting really old ya know." After a few seconds I heard footsteps heading away from the bathroom along with a bunch of curse words. I smiled and turned around to take a look at the bathroom.

The bathroom was gorgeous. It had a shower cubicle and a Jacuzzi style tub with black and silver coloring. "Woah." I said looking around. I picked up a few towels and made a makeshift bed. After brushing my teeth I realized I didn't have any pajamas with me, which cause me to groan. Then I heard pounding knocks on the bathroom door.

"Ren?" It was Hunter's voice.

"What?" I snapped glaring at the door.

"Can you come out?" He said in a monotone voice.

"No way!"

"Please?"

"Why?"

"BECAUSE I HAVE TO USE THE BATHROOM BITCH!"

"Not with that attitude." I replied icily, "Besides, how do I know that you won't just kill me once I open the door?"

"FINE! I give you my word that I won't kill you if you open the door."

I smirked, "Okay then." I didn't open the door still.

"Well?" Hunter asked sounding impatient

"Well what?" I asked leaning against the door.

"OPEN THE DOOR BITCH!"

"Why should I? After all you didn't say when I have to open the door." I could tell from all the growling and muttering that Hunter was losing his patience so I opened the door, "There happy?" Hunter said nothing and just pushed past me and shoved me out of the bathroom. Jerk. I shrugged and walked towards the walk-in-closet and picked out a pair of my pajamas which were a pair of black gym shorts and a blue Eeyore t-shirt. I had just finished putting my clothes in a laundry basket when Hunter came out of the bathroom. He had apparently changed into board shorts and he was shirtless. I soon found myself staring at his six-pack. I mentally slapped myself and glared into his eyes and he glared back at me. In a few moments I figured that sleeping in the bathroom was out of the question.

There was a major problem we were facing now. There was only one bed. "I'm not sleeping in the same bed as you bitch." Hunter stated clearly, "And seeing as it's my bed, you can sleep on the floor." That was not a solution I completely agreed to.

"What happened to being a gentleman to ladies?" I asked sarcastically. That comment seemed to make Hunter smirk.

"Well I don't see any ladies in the room right now." He replied nonchalantly.

"Bastard." I replied glaring at him.

"Bitch." He retorted.

Later on

That evil little bastard, he fucking made me sleep on the floor. I give you my word that by the end of confinement one of us will be dead and I hope that it will be him. Then I heard something sliding on the ground under the door. I got up and saw that a folded piece of paper. I picked it up and went into the bathroom and turned on the light. The note was written in neat print.

Ren, this is a note from Arty (and Izzy). I was originally going to write this myself, but Izzy said my handwriting was too messy (it's true his handwriting really is). So I wanted to let you know that to help you get through this boredom with Hunter, we could send notes back and forth with each other or talk through the door (this is also to make sure that Hunter doesn't kill you). Dad doesn't know about this, but Granduncle knows (Arty forgot to mention that if Dad did find out, he would get super pissed off and probably stop the notes and sound proof the room). So we hope that you aren't dead yet and are looking forward to talking with you more.

From Arty (and Izzy)

Those guys are so sweet. I read the message over at least 8 times. I could just see how Izzy and Arty were fighting over how to write this letter. Hopefully I would be able to live through this. I heard knocking on the bathroom door. When I opened the door I saw Hunter looking coldly at me. "What the hell were you doing in the bathroom for fifteen minutes?" He asked me. I rolled my eyes and flipped him off. "None of your freaking business." I replied coolly. "Bitch." He growled. I ignored him and got back down on my spot on the floor. Hunter just got back into his bed and silence filled the room.

The next morning I heard the dead bolt sliding out and the door opened. Mr. White was standing there holding a couple of trays with food on them. I sat up from my spot on the floor and cracked my neck, back, ankles, and knuckles.

"What in the world are you doing on the floor Vemier?" He asked me staring down at me like a small child.

I sighed, "Well the "gentleman" up there," I pointed at the large bed," didn't want to sleep on the floor."

Hunter rolled over and stared at me coldly, "I'll say it again. This is my bed, not yours."

Mr. White rolled his eyes. "What did you mother teach you about manners?" He asked.

"Nothing apparently." I murmured under my breath.

You can probably tell already how the idiot reacted and how I was pinned to a wall by me neck. "Why do I get the feeling that this is going to become a daily occurrence?" I glanced at Mr. White.

"Do you still think isolating us is a good idea still?" Mr. White sighed and placed the trays of food on a table.

"Well if you learn to stop pushing Hunter's buttons all the time you wouldn't be in this situation for the third time." Hunter seemed to be trying very, very hard not to kill me right now in front of Mr. White.

"Well maybe if he stops overreacting to everything then I wouldn't have to be so careful with words as you are."

After those words left my mouth I felt Hunter's grip tighten around my neck. I was beginning to wonder how in the world he was able to hold me up this long.

"Hunter I'm warning you now, if you kill her during confinement your getting disowned immediately and thrown out and I won't be able to help you like I have done before." He said walking back to the door. Hunter, being an ass-hole, dropped me onto the floor.

"Don't you dare ever cross me again bitch." He growled.

I rolled my eyes, "And we both know that's not going to happen." At that point Hunter ignored me and went over to the trays of food. I saw him gulp down the red contents of a glass before setting it down.

"What is that anyway?" I asked curious now.

"None of your business." he said grabbing a piece of toast and biting into it. I got up from the floor and walked over the trays of food. There was a plate of scrambled eggs, bacon, and toast. For a beverage I got hot chocolate. I picked up the hot chocolate and took a sip.

"After this I'm taking a shower." I said staking a claim on getting the shower first. Hunter just ignored me and brought his plate of food over to a table that was sitting in front of the flat screen TV. After I finished my food I went into the walk-in closet and picked out some clothes for me to wear that day.

After I showered I put on a pair of dark jeans and a black t-shirt and decided to sit on the couch next to Hunter.

"Since life will be like this for the next two weeks, why don't we play 20 questions?" I suggested. I was going to get married to this jerk whether I liked it or not so I was going to try and make a small effort to get to know this guy better.

"That is pointless and I don't want to." Hunter replied staring at the ceiling. I just stared at him for a few seconds.

"Well I don't see you trying to do anything fun." I replied. Hunter seemed to get annoyed more.

"Would you shut up if I went along with your childish game?" He replied in a tired voice.

"Maybe." I said staring at my nails.

"It's either yes or no." he replied.

I groaned loudly, "Fine I'll be quiet for the rest of the day if you do 20 questions with me." Hunter smiled and I could tell I just gave him a victory. Hunter sat up and faced me.

"Do you want to start or should I?" he asked.

"I will. So, what is your favorite colors, animal, type of music, trait in a person, type of movie, flower, type of book, TV show, food, and place to hang out? And then what's your least favorite for those?" I asked.

Hunter sighed out of what seemed like boredom. "I like black, silver, and purple, cats, rock, honesty, action, lilies, mystery, House, pizza, and mall. I dislike pink, wolves, country, backstabbers, drama, cactus flowers, historical nonfiction, Gossip Girl, asparagus, and school. Same questions for you." He said leaning back into the couch.

I rolled my eyes. "I like black, red, and blue, wolves, rock and contemporary R&B, kindness, fantasy, roses, fantasy, Lie To Me, ice cream, and anywhere with my friends. I don't like pink, any reptiles, arrogance, horror, I don't really hate any flowers, text books, soap operas, soda, and this place." I said glancing out the window. The sun was shining down on the beautiful forest that surrounded the house. "Seeing as this will likely be an uneventful two weeks, I think it'd be beneficial to both of us if we hold a truce." I said still staring out of the window. Personally, I did that because I wanted to stay alive and so as not to make Arty and Izzy worry about my wellbeing.

Hunter's POV

I looked at Ren with a weird expression on my face. "You want a truce." I said and she nodded. I looked up at the ceiling again. "I'll agree if you promise not to insult me antagonize me in any way and in return I won't kill you." I stated calmly. Ren looked at me with a scheming look in her eyes.

"I can only promise you that I'll try not to insult you." She replied.

I glared at her, "Then I can only promise that I will try not to kill you." Ren pondered this for a moment before sticking her hand out.

"Deal." She said and I nodded and we shook hands.

The rest of the day slipped by and a new one began. I still made Ren sleep on the floor, which pissed her off majorly. This day was fairly uneventful so far. Apparently Granduncle would be the one bringing us our food. Eventually it was evening of that day and I got some clean clothes and began to head towards the bathroom. The Granduncle came in carrying dinner.

"Anyone up for steaks?" He asked setting down the food and picking up our trays from lunch. Ren looked up and smiled at him.

"How are Arty and Izzy?" She asked in a casual tone.

"They're doing fine, but they're asking a lot of questions about you." He replied.

"Well tell them I said hi." She said and Granduncle left. I turned back to the bathroom.

"I'm going to shower so don’t you dare fucking touch my food." And with that I closed the bathroom door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, since I haven't updated ever during my trip I decided to do two updates today.