Can't Stand It

There's Something About Her

Image

"Oh my god, Riles, you really have to come!" Ali tells me over the phone while laughing ferociously. Why is she even laughing anyway? What is she doing right this very minute while talking to me?

"Remind me again why do I have to come?" I asked, picking up my clothes on the floor and tossing them on the laundry rack.

"Because, the whole gang is gonna be there. You can't afford to miss it! You already missed Steve's party last week." she explained, laughing again.

"Okay, but that's because I was forced to go to my stupid brother's rehearsal on that camp. I'll try okay? My dad's totally mad at me for breaking my curfew last Wednesday," I huffed.

Last Wednesday, Me, Ali and the rest of the guys decided to hit this cool club called The Lounge in the other city and we all got sidetracked. The club is practically booming with cool people, sounds and even drinks! That place was heaven that I completely forget that my dad's bombarding me with calls and texts telling me that I have to get home- In hell.

"Rileyyy! You really have to go! I mean, a lot of new cool people will be there! You can't afford to miss this party. Plus, would it help if I told you that Rian's gonna be there?" she laughed once again.

Rian, how do I even start? Rian is one of the coolest and most gorgeous guy I ever met. He's the bomb, like totally. His auburn hair, strong built body and his super cool Australian accent. He was originally from Australia but migrated here in US since his parents got divorce. We've been cool pals for weeks and I've developed a little crush on him ever since.

"Okay, fine, I'll swing by. But I can't promise that I can stay that long. I'll just sneak out." I reasoned.

One stuff that is great about me is sneaking out. My room has a balcony hence the reason why I always get to sneak out. My dad found out about but decided not break it down. It's too pricey to take it down.

"Yeah right. Well, I should go. Steve's giving me this cool thing that makes my brain go Oh-lala." she laughed so hard again before she turns off her phone.

I so knew it, she's using coke. Again.

Your probably wondering why I'm hanging out with this set of people. I know, I know I shouldn't but who could blame me? I met Ali in school. She used to be shy and conservative but when she met Steve, the hippie drummer from our school, she turned out to be something I can't recognize. She started skipping school, go home late, smoke, drink and even take drugs. Her parents never knew about her actions, they were never home. Ali used to tell me how sad her life is with parents like hers but now she doesn't anymore. She has Coke, Marijuana and other things to tell it to.

I, on the other hand, never took any drugs. I smoke cigarettes, I drink but I never take drugs. I'm kind of in control. I know I'm rebellious, but not to the point wherein they would take over my life. I used to be the typical daughter, the good girl but ever since Mom died and my Dad started dating that intimidating Audrey Hepburn look alike, I began to hate Dad. She completely forgot Mom that easily. Did he even love Mom?

So I started hanging out with the rest of the gang. Chilling, partying, going home late, sneaking out. My dad used to ignore it. But one time when a Patrol Decal approached the house, telling him that I've been to a rave party wherein they sell drugs, my dad got mad and forbids me not to hang out with those people anymore. But who is he to tell me that? He has his own life and girlfriend to command anything like that.

"Riles, dinner's ready." I heard Dad mumble.

I grabbed my iPOD and plugged the earphones in my ear while I went downstairs. I tried to ignore Audrey Hepburn lookalike looking all fine and dandy, my dad's glowing face and my brother's light smile.

Oh look at that perfect family. They should join the Happy Tree friends! Not.

I noticed the three of them look at me, probably surprised that I went down and join them but I decided not to look at them and approached my seat. I began dig up some food, completely ignoring their presence.

I was in the middle of getting a roast chicken when I someone grabbed my earphones. I saw my Dad looking completely aggravated and my brother in a scowl.

"What the hell was that?!" I glared. Stupid brother. He doesn't have to obey dad all the time.

"Were in a middle of a dinner, Riley. Be polite." Dad huffed while he shakes his head.

I tried to open my mouth for a witty comeback but nothing came out so I just sighed and ate my food. I'm totally starving. Talking to a crazy girl like Ali makes me hungry.

"So, Matt, I heard that your going to Camp Rock this summer, am I right?" Audrey Hepburn gushed. She's eating a salad. Ugh. My mom would never eat salad. She never cared about her figure. My mom has a hearty appetite. Unlike this anorexic biyotch.

My brother smiled ever so sweetly and nodded. My brother's been going to this stupid Camp for years now. He learned about this camp the year when my Mom died and he even said that this camp made him heal.

"That's so amazing. I went to Camp Rock for 4 years when I was a teenager. Is Brown still there?"

"Yeah, he works as a head counselor. He's very promising." My brother said with a smile.

Gag me with a spoon.

"That's super nice. I think I want to visit. Dan, can I join you when you head Matt to the camp next week?" she asked, pouting. Seriously, this girl is making me scream.

"Sure, hon." My dad replied sweetly.

Hon?! Are you fucking kidding me? He calls her Hon? What was that in short for Honey? I so wanna die.

"How about you, Riley, planning to go to any camp this summer?" Audrey Hepburn asked, her green eyes moldering to my brown ones.

I huffed and laughed. Me going to a camp? Yeah sure, airhead. I ignored her question and focused on my roast chicken instead.

"Riley, Amanda is asking you a question." My dad in his husky voice said. So I guess her real name's Amanda, not Audrey. Nice.

I rolled my eyes and gave her a fake forced smile.

"No, Camps are stupid." I said.

Audrey or should I say Amanda's face fell while my brother rolled his eyes. My father went rigid and cleared his throat.

"So what are you planning this summer, Riley? You just can't mop around the house and hang out with friends of yours. If you call them friends." he asked me.

Oh he did not just judge my friends.

"Probably. I don't know. And no I don't call them friends. I call them my family." I replied back.

I can tell that my Dad is fuming now but he decided to keep his cool while Amanda calmed him down by holding his hand. My brother shook his head and ate his food.

After a few minutes of awkwardness, I announced that I'm done and I'm going to head off to bed. None of them said a thing which is good, cause I'm not in the mood to switch gears with them.

The next day, I decided to clean my room for fun. Yeah I know, cleaning fun? Pfft. But I had a great time. I mean, ever since Mom died, I began to shut off and locked myself inside my room for God only knows how long. My dad didn't give a shit about me that time because he is too busy looking for a new girl to go out with while my brother decided to go spend his depressing days at the Camp. It was a silent summer, that year. I remember looking at my mom's photos, videos and all the other stuff that reminds me of her. We are super close and I couldn't take it when she passed away. It's as if my world shattered.

After some hours, I decided to get myself some snacks at the kitchen. I passed by my brother's room and saw him his cupboard to get his suitcase. My brother, Matthew is 14 years old. He was 10 years old when my Mom passed away while I was 13. I could tell that he was also affected by our Mother's loss by the way he speaks and acts that time. He got quiet most of the time, shut himself inside his room as well until he finds out about this camp and decided to leave me alone. We used to be close but when he learned that I started hanging around with my cool people, he shuts me out inside his world too.

"Started packing?" I asked, disrupting him.

He glanced around, probably surprised that I was even talking to him.

"Yeah." he blurted out.

"When are you leaving?" I asked, curiously.

"Sunday." he replied.

I nodded and went downstairs. It's always been like that. I would ask, he would answer. It's the same routine. Before, we used to tell each other fascinating stories that we dream about, he used to tell me his preschool crushes but now were just two siblings stuck with each other.

I saw Matilda, our helper, in the Kitchen organizing the groceries.

"You want cookies? I baked some." she asked, pulling the cookie tray out of the oven.

I nodded while I grabbed a bottle of Pepsi inside the fridge.

I noticed her side glancing at me and I had the feeling that there is something that she wants to tell me. Matilda has been our helper for over 10 years so she's like my Aunt already. She and Mom grew close as well so she was with me the whole time.

"What?" I asked, annoyed.

She shook her head as if she's disappointment and I rolled my eyes. What? She doesn't like me anymore as well? Wow nice to know that it's me against the world.

"Your father's really worried about you." she sighed.

I looked at her and I saw that she's trying to cut the cookies in a heart-shape.

"Yeah right." I replied, smirking.

"Riley, I know what your going through. Your a teenager, your trying to enjoy life but please, be wise in picking your friends and be responsible. All your Father wants is the best for you and your brother." she tried to explain.

"So now he's trying to get you, huh? Nice. And all I thought that your in my side." I glared at her.

"I'm in no one's side! I'm just trying to remind you that what your doing is kind of-"

"Rude? Mean? Selfish?" I cut her off.

"No-"

"Yeah. Thanks but no thanks, Matilda. I'm so done with all this shit.I don't want cookies anymore." I said furiously, approaching the stairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my gosh, it's super good to be back! I haven't posted a new thing ever since February? I know I've been slacking and I'm sorry. I just got lazy and tired.

Anyway! New story. I still don't know if I should stick with this but I think it's worth the try. I did this for the past hour and I have to get going now so I didn't have the real time to work this out and edit.

So what do you guys think? I'll probably post the next chapter later. I'm kinda excited for this. :D This is a Camp Rock fic, guys. But now I'm in a middle of a crisis here. I don't know where to pair our little lead character.

So, Joe or Nick? I don't want to include Kevin since he's um, yeah know, whatever!