Can't Stand It

When it All Falls Down

Image

I heard a knock before I zipped my last baggage. I used my left hand to wipe the tears on my eyes before I open the door. I was surprised to see my brother, standing in front of me with a roll of tissue in his hand.

"Here. I figured you needed this." He handed me the roll of tissue and gave him a small smile. I step back and continued to rummage on my clothes and other stuff that I'm bringing to the Camp.

I noticed that Matt entered my room, glancing around. I know that he knew about what happened at the party. It's Saturday evening and this is the day that me and Rian would chill and hang out at the bar nearby.

"How was the packing?" he asked, trying to lighten up the mood.

"Pretty fucked up." I retorted.

He nodded, probably annoyed by response and looked around. After checking my last luggage and decided that it's already organized, I began to fix my closet.

"You know, I tried to call you that night." he blurted out.

I looked at him in wide eyes and gave him a weak smile.

"Oh yeah? Well, thanks." I said, flatly.

"Yep, but you didn't answer. I'm sorry this happened." he said, sympathy lacing his voice.

"How did he found out anyway?" I asked, glancing at him while I continued fixing my closet.

He sighed and smoothed my blankets.

"Well, he and Amanda came carrying a bunch of Frozen Yogurts. Both of them looked a bit flushed, probably in a post-date mood and decided to take out fro-yo's to lighten up the atmosphere. He called me up in my room and looked for you. I told him your probably sleeping but he ignored me and went to your room." he explained, catching his breath at the end of his sentence.

I nodded. My brother covered me up.

"You knew that I was out?" I asked.

He nodded. "Of course your out."

I nodded for the nth time and continued fixing my stuff. I felt Matt standing up from my bed, he's leaving.

"Look, I know your pretty mad about this Camp thing but trust me, it's alright. I know that it's not your thing but try to look at the bright side. I'm sorry this happened, Riles." he tried to reason out. Matt is being a sweetheart about this issue and for the first time in years, I felt like he's letting me in. Again.

I gave him a weak smile and he left.

This is going to be a long night.

My alarm clock buzzed as early as I expected. 6:45 AM. Wow, is the Sun already here? I got up and took a bath. I just can't believe I'm going to that stupid camp. I can't believe I'm obeying my dad. I dressed up in my most comfortable clothes that contains skinny jeans, Tom's and purple V-neck. Someone knocked at my door and there I saw my dad looking all polished and clean.

He looked at me up and down and smiled. Damn man. He's probably doing a happy dance right now.

"Breakfast is ready." he said before going downstairs.

I went downstairs and saw Amanda again, wearing a floral top and white dress pants along with her gold hoops and necklace. She beamed at my brother while Matt tried to ignore her. Matt probably came back to his senses and realized that she's a witch.

I took a seat beside Matt and began to grab an egg and some bacon. I noticed Matilda approaching the table with a smug smile on her face. She probably figured out that I'm leaving. That bitch.

"So, are you guys excited?" Amanda asked too happily and I swear I barfed inside.

"Super!" I said, sarcastically while rolling my eyes.

All of them rolled their eyes too while Matilda cleared her throat.

"Matt, what's happening at the Camp this year?" she asked, trying to lighten up the atmosphere.

Matt shrugged and continued to take a bite on his egg. "I really don't know, I didn't get to stay in touch with my camp mates this year. All I know is someone real big in Hollywood is joining the camp."

"What do you mean someone real big?" Amanda asked, goo-goo eyed.

"I don't know, probably a hollywood star?" Matt responded. I can tell that he's trying not to roll his eyes.

Amanda clapped her hands in excitement while my Father beamed at her. They are so happy together, how could that be possible. How could they be compatible? My dad is so strict, so uptight and so conservative while Amanda's jolly, blonde and bimbo.

"Riley, how are you liking the food? I'm sure your gonna miss my specialties." Matilda tried to cheer.

I know what she's trying to do. She's trying to lighten up my mood and cheer me up. The last time we talked was kinda off and now she's trying to make up for it. I had to admit, I will really miss her specialties.

I nodded and gave her a small smile. She winked at me as an exchange and gave me a sympathetic smile.

After the awkward breakfast, Matt and Dad got our luggage from our rooms and stuffed into the backseat of the SUV. The camp is located 4 hours from our town so imagine the road trip were gonna get. Oh joy.

After gathering our things, we all piled up to the car. I saw Matilda at the door and I smiled at her. I told Dad to give me a few minutes and he reluctantly agreed. I approached Matilda and hugged her.

"I'm sorry for barking at you. It was rude of me, I'm sorry." I whimpered at through her hair. She patted my back and I can feel that she's in tears as well.

"I understand. I'm sorry too. For being too standoffish." she replied, wiping her eyes.

I looked at her and give her a kiss on her forehead. Ever since Mom died, she has became my other mom. My companion, my best friend. Why can't Dad date someone like Matilda?

"You take care at the camp alright? Don't be too hard on yourself. Make me proud. Make your Mom proud." she finally said and I hugged her for the last time. I waved goodbye and went inside the car. I will surely miss Matilda, my second mother.

I woke up to the sound of my Dad's booming voice. I looked outside the window and I can see a lot of teenagers, walking, rushing around with their big bags and stuff. So here's the Camp their trying to say?

I saw a wooden tent and to the front I can see the lake. There are cabins, small benches surrounding the whole place. Wow this place is ancient, I can see.

Amanda looked at us and squealed. She is obviously more excited than Matt. I don't get it. She's leaving for an hour anyway. I realized that I slept through the whole ride, which is a good thing. I didn't get to hear my Dad and her girlfriend's attempt to flirting. I looked at Matt and saw that he managed to get some sleep too. Amanda went out of the car and tried to look for my Dad whose been talking to a pretty chubby woman.

I smiled at Matt and he smiled back. He muffled my hair and said,

"Welcome to Camp Rock."

Dad went to a mainstream place where he could signal while Amanda tried to help us with our luggage. We are in a middle of a carrying catastrophe when someone behind us screamed.

But of course, it's Amanda.

"Brown!"

"Amanda Wells? Is that you?" A man with a strong British accent looked at her.

"Yeah, I am! Oh my gosh!" Amanda gushed, hugging that 'Brown' guy.

"It's so nice of you to be back! Are you planning to help us in camp this summer?" Brown asked, too cheerily.

Amanda laughed and gave him a huge smile as if he's joking. Well, He is really joking, Amanda.

"Oh no. I was just here to accompany my fiance's children. Both of Dan's children are going this summer."

Wait, hold up. Fiance?

Did she just say Fiance?

Matt and I exchanged glances, too surprised by the big word she just said. Brown must have noticed our gawking and smiled when he saw Matt.

"Oh yeah, Matthew Dawson! Hey Matt, it's good to see you again." he tried to elbow Matt while Matt still stared at me in confusion. This is way too weird. Fiance? How? They haven't dated for a long time! How could that happen? How could Dad do this to Mom?

"And you are?" I regained my composure and did my very best attitude.

"I'm Riley. I'm Matt's older sister." I said, offering a hand.

Brown smiled and we shook hands.

"Well I'm glad both Dawson's are here to grace the camp." Brown clapped while he looked at Amanda and talked again.

Matt and I continued to get our stuff and grew silent for a while.

"Did you hear what she said? Fiance? Did I hear it right?" I asked Matt.

"You heard it right. Dad proposed to her? Since when? Do you see a ring?" Matt asked.

But before I tried to look at Amanda's finger, Dad graced us with his appearance.

"Hey kids. Need a hand?" he said in a very friendly voice. Way too friendly if I might add.

"Hon! Hey, I want you to meet Brown Ceazario. He's the one I'm telling you about!" Amanda gushed. Dad went to talk to Brown too, completely blocking our view for Amanda's finger.

"We should ask Dad." Matt thought.

"Maybe we should. Maybe we shouldn't have to ask him anyway. It's our right to tell us know!" I told him, furiously.

Matt sensed my anger and began to pace.

"Chill, alright? I got this." he said, walking to Dad's direction.

I paused for a moment and began to check my phone for new messages. I received a few Ali, telling me that she's gonna miss me and sucks that I didn't get to party with her for a month, a message from Matilda telling me to take care of myself and Matt and a message from Rian, telling me that he didn't go to the Tangible gig as well, knowing that it'd be unfair to me. Rian's being a sweetheart through all of this. Once I found out that I'm going to camp, I first called Rian and told him everything. I'm kinda surprised by his gentle reaction and said that it's totally cool. It just sucks that I'm totally blowing a real cool gig and hang out with him. But as he said, it's totally cool and he understands.

Once I was done responding to the messages, I glanced at Dad and Matt whose having a heated up argument and smirked. I'm glad Matt is with me with all this. I began to glance around the area and noticed a bunch of kids talking each other, all smiles and all so excited. How can they be excited with this? A month full of acting, singing, dancing and all those corny stuff that only old people do? This is stupid.

My eyes caught sight of a cool limo parked in front of the biggest cabin around the corner. A bunch of kids stopped and looked as well. I saw the driver, wearing a very intimidating waiter uniform and rolled my eyes. Rich kids these days.

I saw a guy, probably just 2 years older than me, went out of the car, Ray bans on his face. His hair is short, fixed in a mohawk way and dressed in leather jacket and gray skinny jeans. Another guy stepped out, seems like my age with curly hair and is holding a book on his right hand. Lastly, another guy steps out as well, all smiles, holding his blackberry. A lot of girls blushed the moment these 3 guys walked out. Who are they?

"Riley."

I saw my Dad facing me, with Matt an aggravated look on his face. What now?

"Can I talk to you for a second?" I looked at Amanda who is still talking to Brown and nodded. We went to a small bench beside the lake and sat at the wooden floor. Matt, in the other hand, remained standing, looking all pissed.

"I proposed to her." Dad suddenly blurted out.

I wasn't surprised. I mean, I'm practically bulletproof now. I know he didn't love Mom.

"I just can't believe you didn't have the nerve to tell us!" Matt sighed, looking at Dad with a huge scowl.

"I'm sorry. It's my fault. I know it's your right to know but I didn't tell you because I'm afraid you might disagree." Dad tried to reason out.

"If you told us earlier, I might have agreed." Matt sighed.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for hurting you kids, I didn't mean this to happen. I'm suppose to tell you sooner but I guess I just got scared." He said.

"Actually, I'm not surprised." I finally said, venom in my voice.

Both of them looked at me in a surprise. Surprise that I was just reacting right now.

"I mean, of course you didn't tell us. Why would you tell us? I mean, it's not like were important to you, right? It's not like Mom's important to you. You never really cared for me, for this family. Your just waiting for this family to fail." I said, a tear betraying my voice.

Dad's face crumpled and softened. He began to pace and shook his head in disapproval.

"Riley, I don't know what your talking about. Of course your important. You guys are my life!" Dad said defensively.

"Yeah right. You cared. Is that why you dated that bitch, huh? Is that why you didn't cry at Mom's funeral?" I spatted back. The tears are finally flowing on my face but I didn't care, all I cared is I'm hurting him and that's fine.

"I love your Mother, Riley. What makes you think I don't?" he mumbled.

I laughed bitterly and looked at him. I can see Matt facing the ground.

"You never proved it. To Mom, to me or to Matt." I told him, while wiping my face.

"Riley-" he tried to to take hold of my hand but I stopped him.

"Don't. Just leave, Dad." I said, walking out.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm rolling with the updates! And yeahp, I already made up my mind! Stay tuned. :)