Status: Completed

Lead Us Not Into Temptation

Happily Ever After

One Sunday in church, just as I was sitting down next to Brendon, two new people walked in the doors. They sat beside me and I couldn't believe it. “Mom, Dad? What are you doing here?”

“We love you and we're here to support you,” My mother answered and my father nodded. I hugged them happily. That night we had a long talk. My mom said after hearing all the horrible things in church she realized they were wrong because when she looked at me and she saw how happy I am with Brendon, she knew they just couldn't be true. She realized that this really is the way God made me and it's okay. There's nothing wrong with it.

It feels so good knowing my parents are there for me again. I even get to start inviting Brendon over again. My mom welcomes him with a smile every time.

One night he eats dinner with me and my parents. When everyone is finished I ask Brendon to Prom. He says yes and kisses my cheek. My parents clap and congratulate us. When the night arrives we both dress up, exchange flowers and corsages, while both sets of parents take pictures. I blush and giggle before we finally leave. Avery and my friends stay close by us. Spencer is her date. The stupid homophobic athletes and Elisabeth are here but they watch from a distance. Nothing could ruin this night for me. When Brendon and I dance together it's like the rest of the world fades away. It's just me and him forever.

After it's all over we join Avery and Spencer in her yard. We lie on our backs on a blanket in her backyard. We look at the twinkling stars in the night sky and the beautiful white moon. A shooting star goes by and Avery tells us “Make a wish!”

I wish that Brendon and I can be together forever. Then I kiss him. He kisses me back and we both smile. “I love you,” I tell him.

“I love you too.”

Not long after that we have our graduation from High school. When my name is called I nervously go up to get my diploma. My parents are in the audience taking pictures and cheering. “We're proud of you,” My dad told me on the way there and that meant the world to me.

When all the diplomas are finished we gather together and throw our caps in the hair, cheering happily. I kiss Brendon on the lips in front of everyone. He hugs me.

This isn't the end. It's a beginning. It's the start of my wonderful life with Brendon. We're going out into the world together and I know whatever may lie ahead of us, we'll get through it. Nothing can stop us now. I have my religion, my family, and my soul mate. There is nothing more I could ask for. I now know the meaning of true happiness and that's all because of my true love.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you liked it. Thank you so much for reading and commenting. Love you guys <3