Do Opposites Really Attract?

Reality

Zach's POV

We actually got a surprisingly good turnout. I'm glad she didn't see the posters though, that would just have been embarrassing.
"Well done mate. I'm proud of you." Jack hummed drunkenly from my bed.
"I'm not having some hippy person in my school."
"Too right. And did you see what she was wearing?"
"Yes. I did." That wasn't a voice I expected to hear.
"Get out Zeke, this is a private conversation."
"You've made it my business. Now spill. What were you saying?"
"She's a hippy."
"And?"
"And we're not going to stand for it."
"Stand for what?" peeped up Jack from his own little world.
"For a hippy, in our normal school."
"And what exactly is wrong with being a hippy?"
"Everything. I mean, did you see what she was wearing?"
"Yes. I did. There is no doubt of that."
"Its the 15th Janurary!"
"And?"
"She was wearing summer clothes!" I can't believe my brother doesn't understand me.
"What's wrong with that?"
"It's just not natural!"
With that, Zeke turned on his heel, and left my room.

Zeke's POV

After leaving Zach's room, I ran. I ran from the house, around the corner and down the road. I knew where I was going, I just didn't know where that was. I just followed my heart. I ran, and ran, and ran. On reaching it, I knew I was at the right place. I stood in front of a tall, white building. There were flowers in every window. The International Peace Symbol adorned the door frame - i recognised it at once. Too scared to go in, I ran round the back of the house. The garden was filled with flowers of every species. Animals flitted in and out between the beautiful, ancient trees. Looking up, I could tell straight away where I was headed. I bent over, and picked up a solid-enough-looking acorn. Poising myself, I flung it towards the highest window. it hit, with a gentle tap. At first, I thought nothing was going to happen, but then I saw an exquisite figure edge towards the closed, white lace blinds, fluttering in the breeze from the open balcony doors. She stepped out, and looked down at me. Her eyes opened, wide.
"Wait. I'll come down." came her gentle voice.
I didn't have to wait long. Her elegant, long body wound itself round an ivy branch, in her white silk nightdress, and she gently slid down to meet me. Slowly, she pulled my arm towards a quiet, secluded part of the Garden. As she grabbed my hand, I felt my heartbeat move faster and faster, than it had ever moved before.