Do Opposites Really Attract?

In the Garden

Faith's POV

My first thought were why is he here? What does he want? Then, suddenly, a voice from the depths of my heart told me. It doesn't matter. He's here. That's what matters. I had led him to the most secluded place in the whole garden, the small wooden bench in the roses, beneath the ancient sweeping oak. My heart skipped a beat as he opened his lips to speak.
"I'm sorry."
"What for?"
"For everything. Life isn't going to be easy for you round here."
"When is life easy?" I asked him. I could see him pondering my question.
"Zach hates you."
"Who's Zach?"
"My brother." Suddenly, reality hit me. Those hazel eyes, sweeping luscious blond hair....
"He was on the table wasn't he?"
"Yes. Thats him. I'm sorry. Reade just isn't used to people..." He couldn't seem to get the next words out.
"People like me you mean."
"Yes." He admitted. Shame clung to his eyes.
"Its just, everyone round here has always been the same. We do sport. Wear stuff from Primark. Dye our hair to fit in like everyone else."
"And I'm just different right?"
"I suppose."

Zeke's POV

It was time. I could no longer keep it all in.
"I don't think you're weird though. Today, when everyone in the library was making fun of your clothes, I couldn't get your picture out of my head, it was..." I couldn't finish.
"Mesmerising." She offered.
"How did you know?"
"I saw the same thing. In your eyes."
"You looked so beautiful. That white against your porcelain skin..."
Very gently, I reached out my hand and stroked her cheek with my finger. Gradually, she did the same to me. I bent down, and gently stoked my lips to her cheeks.
Suddenly, she sat up, unexpectedly. I was mortified.
“What have I done wrong?”
I felt my heart sink, as I awaited her answer to my question. All sense of dignity left me in an instant. Like I ever had any to begin with.