Do Opposites Really Attract?

Home truths...

Faith's POV

"It's just, I don't know you Zeke. I want to know you, I want to know so much about you it scares me, I'm just not ready yet."
"OK. Get to know me then." He answered plainly. "Ask away. What do you want to know."
"What happened to your Dad?"
"How did you even know about my Dad?"
"I'm good at reading people, thats all. Go on, why did he leave?"
"He did something unforgivable. He let my mum down - with another woman. Anita her name was. She destroyed my family. What about you. What happened with your Mum?"
"How did you know?"
"Like you, I'm just good at reading people."
"With me, It wasn't an Anita who stole her. Do you remember the war in Vietnam?"
"Of course. It was horrific."
"She was killed on a peace protest."
"I'm so sorry." His head dropped.
"That's OK. I suppose it's why we're all so different. We love peace, and know that Mum's dying wish was to make it happen. She loved the outdoors too. That's why we moved here. I have an idea. There's something you have to see. Come with me."
Suddenly, I grabbed Zeke's hand, and started to run. As we ran, I noticed that it was getting dark, and I was still in my nightdress, but I didn't care. I just ran.

Zeke's POV

My pulse was stampeding through my body. I wanted to stop, but at the same time I just had to keep going. The touch of Faith's smooth hand against mine made my mind tingle. I didn't know where we were going, but I did know that if Faith liked it, I would too. We ran, for miles, until finally she began to slow in front of me. As I looked around us, I was astounded. I had only seen such beauty once before, and she was right beside me as I gazed into heaven, and stepped forward to shake it's warm hand.