Unnamed as of yet

2

Apparently, my mom believed a guilty look on her part would earn her sympathy on mine. I was standing there, looking pretty stupid with my eyes wide open, and my mouth just as wide, when I heard the clearing of a voice. It wasn't me, it wasn't my mom... I had a feeling the baby couldn't make any noise yet, but I didn't see anyone else.

That was solved pretty quickly. Through the doorway to our living room stepped a man. My future stepfather, I presumed. He was well-built, and kind of handsome, for an old guy. Granted, he was only like... thirty-five, but hey, I was sixteen. To me, thirty-five was old. His hair was thick and dark brown. He was clean shaven, with a squarish face, and dark eyes. He was well over six feet tall, and muscular. He was dressed in a gray buisness suit. He didn't seem nervous, though I could sense a bit of insecurity in his eyes. I had always been pretty good at reading people.

"Marissa, this is Ethan." My mom glanced between the two of us nervously, wringing her hands... I understood her position, she was always worrying about how things would turn out. But this time, I couldn't feel sorry for her. I intently stared straight at her.

"This one has darkness in him." I was glad of my clothing choice that day. I was in a deep purple shirt with black spider web designs over the whole thing, and a knee length black skirt, with flip flops. Considering, I probably looked pretty scary as a potential teenage daughter to this guy. He did seem rather soft... probably intimidated. I threw a glare his way as I ran past both of them, and up to my room. All in all, I think it was a relatively decent performance.

I could tell that my mom was comforting him, and would be upset with me, but at that moment, I didn't really care. She couldn't really expect me to be anywhere near cooperative, after two such huge pieces of news were thrown at me. I sighed, and threw my backpack on my bed, hardly breaking my stride as I went straight for the window. I slid it open, jumped a little to the roof of a little shed up against the back of the house, and from there to the ground.

I needed a walk.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a filler...