Status: Rated PG-13 for language and some inapropriate content

Star Squad

Chapter 3

Mari walked into the kitchen in her uniform and pulled a note off of the fridge.

Mari-
I have to go into work early for the next two weeks. Everyone has allot to do since that weird attack (you know, the one I told you about when I got home). Sorry I won't be here to say good morning.
-Mom
P.S. Please make sure that the dog is eating. There's never any kibble missing from the bowl.


“Mom's already gone, you can talk.” She looked at Hoshi, who was laying under the table.

Hoshi let out a long sigh. “Why does that woman still expect me to eat that?” He looked at the bowl of dry dog food in disgust.

“Because you're supposed to be a dog.” She picked up the bowl and poured the kibble down the garbage disposal. When she was done she took some rice and poured it into the bowl. “Here, you can have my breakfast.” She laid a banana next to the dog bowl.

“I don't want to take your food! That's no way to treat-”

“I'll just pick something up this morning. I was gonna buy my bento this morning anyway. I'll just pick up an extra.” She shrugged put her shoes on.

“If you don't mind...”

“Of coarse not!” She grabbed her books. “The remote is on the couch so you can watch the news for monster attacks and my cell number is taped to the back.” And with that she left for school.

***

Yuki ran into the school building, still putting her light blue hair into her trademark odangos. There were only five minutes till class and she had to go upstairs to get to the third year rooms. Running past her old room she habitually looked in. The same dark haired girl with the pigtails was sitting by herself, just like Yuki saw every morning.

She rolled her eyes. What was so great about being a loner? Why would someone even pick that? Most of the people in her class didn't talk to her...but she didn't choose it. They just didn't like her sense of humor. They thought she was being mean, but she was just sarcastic. She couldn't help it, it's just what she does.

Yuki frantically ran into her room and skidded into her chair just before the class started. Once again she was just barely safe!

SAFE!” She squeezed her eyes shut. balled her hand into a fist, and pulled her arm closer to her body. Victory was sweet.

As the class began Yuki pulled her notebook out and began taking notes. However, about five minutes into the lecture she stopped paying attention and just began doodling on her notes. Many of the pages in her Superman notebook looked like this: The first fifteen lines had notes and then they quickly became doodles. Its not like she didn't try to pay attention...its just that the teachers made the lessons really boring. Maybe she'd take better notes if they talked about interesting things like...dictators. Or something like that.

After a while it was time for lunch. As everyone left to go eat outside Yuki reached into her bag and pulled out her panda bento. She put her feet up on her desk and began eating. Soon she heard footsteps and looked at the door. Just like clockwork the dark haired second year girl came by the room. Yuki could only guess that she ate on the roof.

The school day continued and eventually ended: this meant the start of work.

Yuki walked into McDonnalds and grabbed her uniform from her employee locker. She really hated working here. They actually expected her to know how to do things. Things she had no idea about. Like how to make a McFlurry or which toy they were supposed to give out that month. Whatever though. It brings in spending money.

The day plugged on slowly, she looked at the clock. Only thirty minutes till she could go home. After a couple more minutes a woman with long red hair walked in.

“Can I help you?” Yuki plastered a big fake smile onto her face.

“Yes, you can actually...” She smiled evilly and snapped her fingers. A large, slightly gelatinous, monster appeared beside her. It was almost completely round with several tentacles. Its face was strangely small and its whole body was see through.

“EVIL JELLYFISH!” Yuki ran into the back as the woman laughed and the monster began to attack everyone in the McDonnalds. She pulled out her phone and dialed 911.

“Hello?”

“OHMYGOSH! YOU'VE GOT TO COME QUI-” The monster had grabbed her phone with one of its long tentacles before she could finish the sentence.

“AHHHHH!!!!” This was it. As far as Yuki was concerned she was about to die. She supposed she'd lived a full life...and you have to die sometime...right?

“HEY!”

The monster quickly turned around and stared at the girl the voice had come from. Yuki looked through the clear body and saw a girl in a yellow sailor uniform. A very tired man with shaggy hair and dog ears poking out of the top of his head stood next to her.

***

“I can't believe you would-” Mari began to make yet another speech.

“HER!” Hoshi pointed to the blue haired girl cowering behind the counter.

Mari stared at her upperclassman. She was one of the Sailor Soldiers they had been looking for.

“Go!”

Hoshi ran around the monster toward Yuki as Mari began to finish her speech to try and distract the monster.

“Who are you?!”

“My name is Hoshi. And look, I don't have time to explain but you need this.” His hand began to glow like it had when he gave Mari her broach and a blue pen appeared in his hand.

“What's going on?!”

“I can explain later. But do you want to be able to protect yourself?”

She nodded.

“Then take this.” He held it out closer to her and she took it.

“Now say 'Frost Power, Make-Up' & I'll help you from there!”

Yuki swallowed and took a deep breath. “Frost Power...make-up?” She looked at him just before she was consumed by a blue light and had transformed.

WHOAH! What just happened?” She looked down at her outfit. She had on a strapless and blue version of what the other girl was wearing.

“I'll explain later! Right now you need to help her!” Hoshi pointed toward Mari who was attempting to attack the monster.

Why is this monster so much faster than the others?! I can't hit it!” Mari was just barely dodging its attacks.

“How do I help her?!” Yuki looked at Hoshi, panicked and desperate.

“Ice Shield. Do it now!”

She gulped again. “ICE SHIELD!” She pointed at the monster and it was encased in a large diamond shaped chunk of ice.

“Wow! That's so cool!” Mari and Yuki said at the same time looking back and forth from the monster to Hoshi excitedly.

“Just kill it and get this over with!” Hoshi yelled at Mari exasperatedly.

She nodded once. “Right! SHOOTING STAR BARRAGE!” The multicolored star shot from her hand and burned a hole through the ice to the monster, killing it.

“Woohoo! We did it!” Mari jumped up and down.

“Now, would you be so kind as to tell me what the hell is going on here!” Yuki stared at the two of them.

Hoshi nodded. “We'll tell you in the back.” And with that they headed toward the kitchen to explain what everything to the new warrior: Sailor Frost.
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY! The team's comming together! They just need three more and they'll have all of the Star Squad together! Ain't it great???

ANYWAY! Thanks for reading & commenting & subscribing. It really means allot.
-Sheikara