Status: Rated PG-13 for language and some inapropriate content

Star Squad

Chapter 4

Yuki hit the alarm on her clock before she sat up. She stretched and picked it up, staring at the little red numbers: 7:00 am. That gave her forty-five minutes to get ready for school.

She let out a groan. “I probably should've given myself more time...” She had stayed up for most of the night thinking over what had happened that day. Evil jellyfish monsters, sailor soldiers, Star Kingdoms...it was all just too much for her. Sure, it was exciting...but she didn't really want to have to do this everyday. She already had to do schoolwork and work at McDonald's everyday, saving the world wasn't exactly something one does to “de-stress”.

She finished putting on her uniform and started brushing through her hair. “Maybe I can find some way out of...no” She shook her head and started pulling her hair up into little buns. “That Hoshi guy seemed really desperate, and Hoshino-san's really nice. I can't do that to them. I guess I just gotta put up with this till we've saved the world or whatever.

After fixing her hair she glanced at the clock: 7:34 am. It was time to run.

***

Mari sat down in her chair and began to pull out her supplies. It was sort of exciting, and very helpful, getting a partner for all this sailor soldier stuff. Although, she was still trying to get used to it herself. Hopefully they would both be able to get used to being 'super heroes'.

I wonder when we'll find the other three...

Soon it was time for class to start. Just like always, Mari diligently took notes on the lecture.

***

“My lord, I promise I'll do better next time.” The red haired woman was kneeling before a darkly clad figure who's face was obscured by the shadows of the the dimly lit lair.

“You had better...” The figure sat down angrily in a large chair.

“M-my lord...” She reached out her hand for his shoulder.

“Leave.” He pointed toward the door. “And think of a good plan. You're running out of chances Genza...”

“Y-yes sir.” She bowed and hurriedly left the room before he could see the tear escaping her eye. All she wanted was his approval, and she couldn't even manage to get that.

***

Yuki stared at the clock above the board as the teacher finished writing the formula on it, counting down the time till lunch.

...five, four, three, two, one! LUNCH TIME!

As soon as the class had permission to go to lunch Yuki got up and ran out of the room. She continued running until she bumped into Mari, knocking both of them to the ground.

Dammit, ow! Sorry Hoshino-san...” She rubbed her forehead and squinted at Mari.

“Ow...Its okay...” She looked at Yuki apologetically. “It was my fault, I should've been looking where I was going.”

“Hey, you think we should give each other our phone numbers? Ya know, so we can let the other know if o Sailor Soldier thing happens when we're not together.” Yuki asked as she got up.

“Y-yeah. That's probably a good idea.” Mari got up. “I'll write it down for you after school.”

“Okay.” She started walking again, but looked over her shoulder at Mari. “Have a good lunch Hoshino-san!”

***

School was out and Mari stood at the door to the building waiting for Yuki.

Yuki came running out of the school and skidded to a stop right in front of Mari. Mari held out a wrinkled piece of paper with her number scribbled onto it in bright pink ink. Yuki took the paper and examined it before shoving it into her panda backpack.

She pulled her phone out and started walking. “Okay, mine's...” She looked to her side, expecting to see Mari. When she didn't see her she turned around and saw her still standing by the school a bit anxiously. “You commin'?”

“Oh, yeah!” Mari caught up to Yuki and began walking next to her, pulling her phone out.

She told Mari her phone number and put her phone back into her bag. “You got it?”

Mari nodded and jumped onto the raised section of the side walk that was by the grass. “So, you're gonna help me right?”

Yuki looked at her and nodded. “Yeah, I mean, what else am I gonna do?” She pulled her bright blue transformation pen out of her bag and held it up. “If I don't this thing's completely useless.”

Mari laughed a bit and jumped off of the raised edge of the side walk and in front of Yuki.

“Hey, c'mere!” Yuki grabbed Mari's hands and pulled her off toward the park.

“What're you doing?!”

Yuki smiled big. “We're gonna swing! C'moooon, it'll be fun!”

“But Hyousetsu-” Mari started to protest just as her eyes fell on a familiar face. She gasped and pulled Yuki behind a tree.

“She's been orchestrating the attacks!” She pointed to a red haired woman.

Yuki poked her head around the tree and quickly ducked back behind it. “Yeah, that is her! Quick, we gotta get her before she does something! If we can get rid of her we-” She started to run around the tree, but Mari grabbed her wrist and pulled her back down behind the tree.

“We've gotta transform first!”

“Riiiight...”

The girls transformed and ran around the tree.

“Stop right where you are!” Mari pointed to her.

The red haired woman turned around and a black star appeared on her forehead. “Stupid Sailor brats!” She lunged at them and the girls got out of the way just in time.

She growled and glared at them. “How the hell did they get so many of you anyway?! There was only that one last time!”

“Huh?” Mari blinked a few times. “What's she talking about? I'll have to get Hoshi to explain that later.

“ICE SHEILD!” Just as the woman got ready to attack them again she was encased in Yuki's ice barrier. “Do it now Sailor Star!”

Mari nodded. “SHOOTING STAR BARRAGE!” The brightly colored star shot straight at her, completely disintegrating the dark army's general.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I'm not entirely pleased with the end of this chapter, but I wanted to leave a couple of things for the beginning of the next one. Anyway, thanks for reading & I hope you liked it. Please leave me comments!
-Sheikara