Status: Rated PG-13 for language and some inapropriate content

Star Squad

Chapter 9

“Isn’t this exciting?!” Momoko threw her monkey backpack into the air and then caught it again.

“I guess so.” Mari looked around.

“It’s a field trip, of course it’s exciting!” She jumped up and down, still holding the monkey.

“Aorino-san, please stand still!” The teacher called out as she counted the students, making sure they were all there.

“But its Kyoto, Hyousetsuno-chan says the school makes you come here every year. I came here last year and we’ll come here next year.”

“C’mon Mari-chan! Enjoy it while you’re here!! At my old school I almost never got to go on field trips!”

“I know, it’s just…what if there’s an attack or something? We won’t be there to help them.”

“That’s what they’ve got the Nebula Prince for! Silly.” She hit Mari playfully on the arm.

“Yeah…” Mari smiled weakly and linked arms with Momoko.

***

Mari held Momoko’s hair as she threw up.

“Of all the days to wear my hair down…” Momoko moaned as she whipped her mouth and sat down hard on the floor.

“Of all the days to get food poisoning…” Mari pulled a rubber band off of her wrist and pulled Momoko’s hair back into a bun.

“I’m sorry I made you stay behind with me…” She rested her head on Mari’s shoulder.

“It’s not like anyone else wanted to. Besides, we’re teammates, it’s the least I could do.”

“Yeah, you’re my buddy.” She coughed a little and then leaned her head back over the trash can just in time to throw up again.

“It’s a good thing we’re not with the others today. You’d have to sit the fight out.”

***

The two girls walked back to the train station to wait for their class to get there. Everyone else was at the temple half way between the restaurant and the train station.

“I feel weak…”

“I know Aorino-cha-” Mari was cut off by screams coming from the temple.

“Oh no!” Momoko started coughing again.

“You stay here Aorino-chan, I’ll go.” She set her friend gingerly down on the steps.

“But, but!”

“Don’t worry, I’ve fought monsters alone before.” She smiled reassuringly.

“Then go kick his ass!” She threw her arms up into the air excitedly.

“Star Crystal Power, Make-Up!” Mari transformed and ran up the steps and into the temple.

"That’s right worthless humans, donate your energy to our cause. Restore Lord Rizu back to his full power!” Mercutio laughed as his monster sucked the energy out of everyone in the temple.

“HEY!”

Mercutio turned around. “Hm? Where are the other soldiers? I had been looking forward to seeing Sailor Blaze again.”

“It-its…leave these defenseless people alone okay!” She struck a determined pose and glared at him angrily.

Oooooohhhh so little Sailor Star is all by herself. Aw, did they abandon you?”

“No! They’re busy avoiding a creep like you!”

“Fine, I guess I’ll just have to settle for playing with you.” He smiled and his monster appeared in front of her. Once again, it had taken the form of a beautiful woman.

“Shooting Star-AUGH!” The monster slammed Mari into the wall.

Mercutio chuckled. “I bet you regret coming alone now.”

Suddenly the monster let out an piercing screech and dissolved into a puddle of water.

“Oh shit, I better get outta here!” Mercutio disappeared just as Sailor Sky walked in and leaned against the wall.

“That’s all I could manage to do, now kill the puddle so I can go lay back down.”

“Shooting Star Barrage!” She attacked the puddle and it evaporated.

Ugh! Let’s just go back to the train station!” Momoko was now back in her school uniform.

“C’mon,” Mari put her arm around Momoko’s shoulders and helped her back outside, “And thanks for helping me out. I don’t know what I would’ve done without you.” She was back in her uniform by the time they got to the steps.

“That’s what friends are for!”
♠ ♠ ♠
'Nother chapter, this one was a difficult chapter to write. I don't know why, I guess I was just having idea troubles. And now I'm not fully pleased with it, but I can't think of anything else so I'll just leave it as is unless I can think of something better.

Well, thanks for reading and please leave me comments.
-Sheikara