On the Boardwalk

four.

______Image Image Image

Paige stood in the spot right off the boardwalk that she had first seen Aaron speeding past on his bike to get to his summer job. She had just finished off her second year in college and had come home for the summer, though she hadn't seen Aaron in years she couldn't resist the urge to come to this place.

Every year she did, allowing herself a few moments to remember the summer that seemed to be decades behind her. Sometimes when she came back to this place she wondered if she was trying to remember how strongly she felt for him or what it had felt like after he had left.

Everytime she visited this place she remembered how hurt she felt when she and Aaron had lost contact. He had called her like he promised and they talked for only a short time before he had to go saying that he wouldn't have a phone for much longer and that he would mail her. He had mailed her but they'd only written a back and forth a handful of times before he just didn't reply to her.

Paige hadn't been mad because those letters were a lot more than she expected from him and now that she was in college herself she realized that he had probably found someone who lived on his side of the country that made him happy.

She had found someone too, someone who made what she felt for Aaron seem mediocre. When she had met this man at college she had still been sad from her loss of Aaron, but he had made her feel something that she hadn't felt in a long time, happiness.

With those feelings pouring through her, she decided that now that she had found she had found him. She was going to leave that summer behind her forever by not visiting this place to remember.

Saying her last silent goodbyes Paige walked away from the place that had meant so much to her before and put her memories of Aaron and her on the boardwalk behind her.