Status: Complete

A Walk Through Hell

Chapter XIV

After I clean Andy's cut and stick the band-aid on it, she thanks me and goes upstairs. She's acting weird, or at least weirder. I turn around and see Francis texting like crazy, that's her only flaw. She looks up at me and has a big smile, "Zalex you remember Poof right?" How could I forget him?

"Yeah. Why?" She checks her text, I'm getting a little annoyed by that demon device in her hand.

"Because he's here in town!" I feel my heart stop.

“Is he going to Bellview with us?" She looks down again, my patience is wearing thin.

"He said he's there right now." I never knew he would actually come here, he did say he would move here just for me but we were kids and I was confused out of my mind. "We have to get ready and meet him there!"

"Yeah sure." I try to sound disinterested but to be honest I'm just as excited as she is. Francis quickly grabs our school stuff and races to the car, I take my sweet time. "Will you hurry up!"

"I'm going, I'm going." She looks so cute when she's annoyed. I back out the driveway and make my way to the school, I'm driving slowly.

“Why are you driving so slowly? Any other day you're like Speed Racer in this car." I grin.

"I have the sudden urge to be a model citizen today." She groans and crosses her arms over her chest while trying to look angry when I know she's trying not to smile. The school is dead ahead, Francis straightens up in her seat. I park in the designated parking lot for students. Francis shoots out of the car and is waiting impatiently in front of the car. Today is going to be so fun. She takes me hand and takes off walking so fast it might as well be a jog. She's taking me to the library.

"Why are we headed for the library?" She doesn't break the pace.

"Because, Poof loves books and he wanted to check out the selection we have." I love reading, but I don't like reading high school books. We finally arrive at the door leading into the library, we walk single file through this book security thing and we stop and look around. "Do you see him?” she asks.

"I haven't seen him since I was thirteen, people grow up and change."

"I know, but he said he was going to be in here." The school librarian walks up to us. "Can I help you?" I hate librarians.

"I don't know, can you?" Francis shoots me a dirty look.

"I'm sorry Miss Bergman. He's just a little cranky." The old hag glares at me and I glare back. I win the stare off and she walks away. Francis turns to me. "You are so rude!"

"I know." She shakes her head at me and goes back to looking for Poof. "I guess he isn't here." I turn for the door, but I bump into someone. I begin to say I'm sorry when the person speaks in a familiar British accent, "Zalex? Is that really you?" I look and see a pair of pale blue eyes looking straight into mine.