Status: Complete

A Walk Through Hell

Chapter II

Five straight, thin red lines, the fifth being extremely close to my wrist. I'm just laying here, staring at my white ceiling imaging it dripping blood. At that moment my left arm loses feeling. I don't freak out or move. I'm numb. I always lose feeling in something on my body. I just stare and stare. I hear the front door slam, meaning my grandparents are home from church. I hear Satan moving around in her cave probably trying to hide her booze. The A/C flips on, about fucking time. It’s like eighty degrees in this damn house. I shudder as the cold air hits me. I can feel the goosebumps rise on my right arm, but not my left. Finally I sit up to survey the damage I have wrecked upon myself. Four of the five lines have clotted and begun to dry, but the fifth is still bleeding out. I put pressure on it but more blood oozes out. I reach for a white shirt and quickly wrap it around my wrist in a weak attempt to make a tourniquet. I bleed through it almost immediately. I grab two more and they have the same result.

I try to stand up and manage to walk to my door. I lean against it pushing against the knob trying to turn it to the right. My door has a thick trail of blood rolling down it. I slowly step back to my bed, the world is spinning. I get the courage to take a look at my wrist. I look closely at the cut and see that I did indeed hit a vein. Shit, just what I need another emergency trip to the hospital and a month in a group home. That is, if I make it out of this one alive. A light knock on my door snaps me to attention.
"Are you alright?" I didn't answer. "Are you awake?" She sounds frightened now. I gather up my strength to knock over a book, the thud is loud enough for her to hear. "Phillip come quick!" Shit, not my grandfather. I'm fading in and out now. I can hear his deep voice on the other side of the door.

"What's wrong?" He sounds extremely annoyed.

"It's locked and I'm worried, what if it's a repeat of Christmas?"

I'm feeling so cold.

"Hey! Are you even in there?" He tries the door. Locked. "Hey!"

I hear a loud crash before the darkness overtakes me.