Status: Complete

A Walk Through Hell

Chapter XXI

Four broken ribs, a fractured skull, a sprained wrist, and to top it all off a coma. The damn doctors wouldn't let me in to see her because I wasn't family, and I wasn't sure if I was still her boyfriend. Poof was with me in the hallway where the doctors told me to stay. He was doing a great job of calming me down. My emotions were all over the place, he wouldn't leave my side even when I threatened him. By about ten at night I finally gave up trying to see Francis. I was so upset Poof had to drive me home.

"Will you be alright?" he asked

"No." He stood awkwardly by the front door.

"Want me to stay with you?"

"Yes." I take my keys form him and lock the front door. Once I sit on the couch all my pain comes cascading out, I curl up and cry into my knees. I haven't cried since Faith died. Poof wraps his arms around me and I place my face into his chest. He smells like vanilla. We sit like this for an hour, I remember Andy.

"I-I have to go check on Andy." He won't let go. "Let me go." He won't loosen his grip, "I'll be fine."

"Liar." He was right. "I'll check on Andy for you."

"Her room is upstairs, it’s the master bedroom.”

"Don't do anything." I can't promise that, he knows I can't. I try to get my, mind off of Francis. Her running out the house was my fault. I can never forgive myself for this. Poof reappears."She's sleeping and safe." Good to hear I guess.

"I feel so..so..I don't know." I really didn't know. He looks me up and down.

"You might want to change." Francis' blood was all over my shirt since I carried her from the street to my car.

"You're right." I stand up and walk towards my room, but I stop and look back. "Poof?" He looks into my eyes

"Yes?"

"Want to come with me?" For the first time in twelve hours he smiles. We walk hand in hand down the hallway to my room. I close and lock the door. Poof sits down on the bed, I walk to the closet. I take off my shirt and throw it inside, my pants are clean but I take them off anyway. There have light red spots on my arms. The blood must have soaked through my shirt. I'm standing half naked, Poof hasn't looked at me. He's looking at my sister's picture, I can hear him sigh.

"Do you miss her?" No one has ever asked me that, they just assume.

“Yes."

"How did she die?"

"She was at a soccer game and a crazy man shot her in the heart." I've never told anyone that, not even Francis.

"I'm sorry Zalex, I really am."

"It's not your fault."

"Yes it is. If I had never come over and told Francis the truth she'd be the one sitting on this bed, not me. Oh he was sorry about that.

"I'm not going to lie Poof, but it is your fault." He looks at the ground. I walk to the bed and sit next to him. "But I still love you all the same." He places his warm hand on my leg. We look into each other’s eyes and kiss. It’s been three years since we kissed and I still get the greatest feeling from him, his lips are so soft and his thin mustache tickles my upper lip.

"I've wanted to do that for a long time, but when Francis told me about the two of you I thought I'd never get a chance to do it again."

"I thought the same thing."

"I love you Zalex."

"I love you too William, I really do."
♠ ♠ ♠
=O Zalex you dog you!