Status: Complete

A Walk Through Hell

Chapter XXV

"Zalex, where the hell are you!?" Please don't find me.

"Get your ass down here right now!" Please not today.

"If I find you, you're going to be fucking sorry!" I already am. I climb out the hallway closet and walk up behind her.

"I'm here." She doesn't respond verbally, only physically. She throws a quick punch in my throat, I'm on the ground gasping for air.

"Look you little fuck, I'm sick of your smart ass!" She smells like vodka, I can suck in a little air but it leaves me coughing. "Do you understand me?" I kick her stomach, she backs up a few feet and I can barely stand on mine. "Oh it’s a fight you want." She charges at me but I sidestep and she hits the wall. "Stop running you coward!" I run behind her and wrap my right arm around her neck and squeeze, she falls towards the ground and tries to flip me off. I cross my legs around her stomach so I can have a grip, I can hear her choking, I freak out and let go. She twists around and kicks my arm, I can't feel it. I run to the stairs, she grabs my ankle and drags me back down and throws me into a wall. She slaps my face, I grab at hers. She grabs my hair in an iron grip, I can feel tears rolling down my face."See? You're nothing but a big crybaby," I snap.

"And you're nothing but a giant boozer!" She lets go of my hair and starts punching me everywhere, she stands up and kicks me twice in the back and in my stomach. "You want to fuck with me now?”

"Get off me!"

"Make me!" I grab at her face again and bite her cheek, she backs off from pain. "You spawn of Satan!"

"Nice name for yourself."

She grabs at my hair again and walks to the door. "Get out of my fucking house!”She throws me outside and slams the door. I stand up on shaky legs and walk to the park. I sit on the swings and suddenly burst into tears. A girl walks up to me.

"Are you alright?" I look up at her and give her my best fake smile.

"I'm fine." She walks away obviously trying not to get involved.


I'm crying in a park, bleeding and bruised, on my twelfth birthday.