Status: Complete

A Walk Through Hell

Chapter XXVI

I eye the clock in the kitchen: seven p.m. "Want to order a pizza?" Andy nods furiously.

"What's a pizza?" Andy and I both stare at Poof. "What did I say?" I finally stop staring.

"You've never heard of pizza?" Andy looks back at the TV obviously trying to stay out of it.

"I've heard of it..."

"So you're basically saying you've never eaten a pizza."

"I've never even seen one." I jump up and grab the phone, I dial in the number I memorized years ago.
"Hello Pizza Hut?" A voice confirms. “I have a question for you. My boyfriend has never eaten pizza and I want to know what type I should order for him." The voice makes a suggestion.

"That's perfect! Okay, make that a large and a pepperoni with two liters of Mountain Dew." Wow that's expensive. I walk over to the couch.

"So what did you order?"

"You'll see." The person said it would take twenty minutes but the delivery boy took an hour. When I got up to answer the door he had a pissed off look on his face like he was the one who waited an hour.

"You Zalex?"

"Correct."

"Here." So rude.

"Poof go get my wallet."

"Sure thing." Awkward silence.

"Are you gay?" the delivery guy asked

"What makes you say that?"

"I've seen you and him around school."

"What are you? Our stalker?" He frowns.

"Here you are love." I pay the jerk and snatch our pizzas.

"You're welcome faggot." I'm stunned, but Poof goes off on him.

"Get your homophobic ass away from this house! I may be gay but I can still kick your ass all over town and to England and back!" The jerk looks frightened, I look at his name tag, Dexter.

"Get out of here!" I never knew Poof could get angry, he's always so calm and laid back.

"What happened guys?" Andy must have heard everything.

"Just some homophobic jackass." This is the first time I've ever heard Poof swear. We're both changing so much, I'm getting more sensitive and he's becoming more daring.

"You ok?" I realize she's talking to me.

"Yeah I'm fine." She gives Poof a look and he nods slightly. Do they have a secret way of communicating about me? I try to distract them.

"I have pizza!" Andy leaps over the couch.

"Calm down Andy, I bought a whole entire pizza just for you." I hand her the top box, she opens it and takes a huge bite out of the first piece.

"I love you Zalex."

"Yeah I love you too miss piggy." She ignores the name and takes her box back to the couch. I turn to Poof.

"Now I bought the perfect pizza for us." I open the lid.

"What's it called?"

"Meat lovers." He looks up at me and smiles.

"Dig in big boy." Apparently Poof loves pizza, he ate most of ours and stole a piece from Andy, she wasn't happy.

"We need more of that in England."

"You need more of me in England."

"That I do." Andy rolls her eyes before talking.

"Guys don't make out right after I ate all that pizza." We ignore her and keep going, the phone rings and Andy jumps up to get it, seeing it as a way to not watch us.

"Hello?" Silence, I don't think much of it because Poof is doing something incredible with his hand.

"Zalex." I push Poof off of me but he starts to bite my neck.

“Yeah?"

"It’s for you." Poof rolls off of me and squeezes my butt; it's our way of saying hurry up. I pick up the phone.

"Zalex Scene speaking." The person introduces themselves as Dr. Mackintosh, Francis' doctor. "Is she awake?!" Deep down I hoped she wasn't, the truth about Poof would kill her.

"I need you to listen sir." And I did, I hung up the phone and sat back down between the couch and the TV.

"Zalex?" I stare at the ground.

"Francis' doctor said her cancer has been cured, she's going to live."

"That's fantastic." The tears roll down, Poof and Andy are holding me, I put my face in my hands.

"She's three months pregnant."