Status: Complete

A Walk Through Hell

Chapter XXVIII

I turned the razor over with my index and forefinger, it still has blood on it from the smiley face I made on my arm. The face is nothing but a faded scar now. I walk over to the window and gaze out and view the trees.

"Why do things have to be this way?" I close my eyes, I can see Faith's face. She's smiling, her green eyes is shining and her brown eye is golden from the light.

"We're special kids, you and me. Special kids need to stick together. Promise to be the greatest little brother." I mouth the words I promise, I can feel a tear rolling down my face. I miss Faith, if only I could go back in time and save you, then maybe I wouldn't be this fucked up in the brain. With Francis in a come, Satan trying to reconnect with me, homophobic pizza guys, and a pregnant best friend my life is stressful. The sun catches on the razor and the light hits my eyes, I think about Poof and how calm he is with me, why does he put up with me sometimes? With a big sigh I put the razor away, take off my shirt, climb into bed, and think about my life with Poof and how much I love him. I fall into a dreamless sleep almost immediately.

When I wake up its dark outside, I check the alarm clock next to me, it flashes eight p.m. I open the door and see that the whole house is dark, I flip on a few lights.

"Andy?" No answer, "Poof?" Still no answer, the phone rings, what a weird night. "Hello?"

"Hi is Andy there?"

"Sorry no she isn't"

"Oh well do you know when she'll be there?"

"I have no clue."

"Are you sure she's not there?"

"I'll go check, one minute please." I run up the stairs and check her room, empty. I run back down and grab the phone. "Sir?"

"Is she there?"

"No sorry. I can take a message."

"Well I'm driving to her house right now I'll be there in about twenty minutes."

"What's your name?”

"Jake. She knows me, she told me to come by so don't freak when I show up."

"I won't freak."

"Well I guess I'll meet you in a little bit." He hangs up, Jake? That sounds so familiar, I dial Andy's cell number.

"Hello?"

"Andy?"

"Zalex you're awake?"

"Yes. A guy named Jake called saying he'll be here in twenty minutes." No response, "Andy?"

"I'm still here."

"You okay?"

"I'm fantastic. Poof's with me, we should be home any minute now."

"Okay. I'm going to order a pizza, what do you want?"

"The usual, Poof wants meat lovers again."

"See ya soon." I call the pizza joint and place on my order. "Oh and can you please make sure Dexter doesn't deliver here."

"I understand sir, he can be a jackass sometimes." I thank her and hang up, I flip the TV on, Adventure Time has just started. Andy and Poof walk through the door.

"Zalex!" Poof runs up wan grabs me, I'm choking in this embrace. "I thought you would sleep the day away!"

"Well I'm awake. Poof watch your strength I'm kinda fragile." He relaxes his arms.

"Sorry love." His lips are cold.

“Is it cold outside?"

"Very."

"How long ago did Jake call?" Andy asked

"About ten minutes ago, calm down." She jogs upstairs.

"Um who's Jake?"

"I wish I knew."

"Hey Adventure Time!" He is so perfect for me, I curl up with him on the couch but he overpowers me and is now on top of me. The doorbell rings but I have no intention of getting it. Andy comes down.

"I got it!" I've never seen her run so fast, she opens the door and freezes.

"Andy? Wow you're absolutely beautiful." Andy takes a step back from the voice.

"J-Jake?"

"Yes, I'm finally here to see my beautiful friend. Well I don't know if we're friends or something more." She grabs his arm and brings him inside, she jumps on him and kisses him. He catches her and holds her up.

"Oh we're definitely more than friends." He smiles, then looks over at me and Poof who’s jaws were on the floor.