Status: Complete

A Walk Through Hell

Chapter XXXV

Poof came home two days after the soccer fight Jake and I had, his arm was in sling but other than that he was perfectly okay and I was happy. The last week of freedom was boring, the last day of summer break Poof and I spent the entire day in my room. I don't have to tell you why.

"Why do I have to go to school?"

"Stop whining."

"But I've already suffered three years in that prison."

"And now all you have to do is make it through at least eight more months of it."

"I hate school."

"Yet you get straight A's."

"I may hate school but that doesn't mean I'm going to fail to prove a point."

"Whatever love." He gives me a gentle squeeze in a hard area. The first day if school was just like any other, hectic and annoying. Freshman girls were flocking to me asking where classes were even though they were standing right in front of them. Such attention seekers. Poof and I had all classes together and he also promised to join the soccer team which he calls football. When people tell you not to think about the school year and it will go by fast were right because it's now November and the soccer season is ready to begin. Poof made the team as a forward he's actually pretty fast. I'm defense this year besides being goalie. I mean I am Bellview's greatest goalie since 1952.

That weird pizza boy Dexter has been watching me around school and it's creeping me out. Poof stills wants to beat him up after the pizza incident, but I always hold him back. Andy is a month away from being a mom and she only been married for two days. Francis hasn't changed, I don't think she'll ever wake up.

"Zalex!"

"Huh!"

"It took me two minutes to get your attention."

"I'm sorry."

"It's alright." He stands up and walks back to his locker. We're the first all senior varsity team at Bellview, usually I'm all shaky with built up energy but right now I'm calm and focused. I'm most likely nervous from being a different position this year. The coach comes in and gives us all a nod, the less he talks the better. I take my place on the right side of the lower field and give the goalie a thumbs up before I close my eyes and slow my breath. I focus on nothing but soccer no pregnancies or hospital stays nothing but soccer. The whistle blows and my eyes snap open.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if there are mistakes I'm not using a computer so it's hard to type.
No one really likes this story I'm guessing so I'm going to end it as quickly as possible.