Status: Complete

A Walk Through Hell

Chapter IV

Breathe in. A phone rings in the hall. Breathe out. I hear rapid feet on the linoleum floor and squeaky gurney wheels. Breathe in. The intercom is saying they have a code blue in the ICU. Breathe out. I hear arguing outside my door. Breathe in. Sounds like Francis and Satan. Breathe out. Satan hates Francis with a passion. Breathe in. The fighting stops. Breathe out. I hear crying. Breathe in. Its Francis.Breathe out. This place reeks of death and disease. Breathe in. I hear someone walking back inside as silently as possible, fail. I know its Francis. Breathe out.

"When I first met you I smiled for the first time in three years." Breathe in. "I love you Francis, and I do want you, we would be a kick ass couple." I fall into the swirling darkness of my unconscious mind.

When I wake up, I slowly lift my eyes all I can see is blinding whiteness. Damn hospitals turn all the lights on. "Francis?" Where did you go? "Francis?" Please be here. "Francis?!"

"I'm here, I'm here!" I'm glad you are.

"Was that Satan you were fighting with earlier?" Her eyes drop. I notice she's wearing her favorite outfit, a plain red shirt, a purple belt, and dark blue cut off jeans. She only wears this on special days, but why today?

"Yes it was." Well fuck you mother.

"I'm sorry.” I see you wipe your crystal blue eyes with your hand.

"It’s not your fault. It’s not like you chose her as your mother." She was right.

"Yeah I know but still." Your eyes get big. You reach for a tissue box and shove it up your nose. You have a lot of nosebleeds these days. "Care to explain why I'm strapped down?" Her head is tilted back.

"It’s so you can't escape and look for sharp objects." Well played hospital.

"They didn't do this last time." She's already bled through three tissues.

"That's because I told them to do it." Traitor.

"Sit here and I'll rub your back. I don't know if it stops the flow, but it helps to relax." She sits next to me. I rub her back in a big circle going clockwise.

"Before you fell asleep you said you loved me and wanted me. Was that true?" She turns to face me. Her black hair falls forward over her shoulders. Pale white skin, bright blue eyes, and long black hair. She's so fucking beautiful.

"Maybe I meant it. Maybe I didn't." She takes the tissue away from her face.

"Zalex, I'm being serious." A single drop of blood falls on the white bed sheets, finally some color in this damn room.

"Have I ever lied to you? Have I ever said something I didn't mean?" She thinks about and realizes the answer. "Francis I love you and I want you to be my girlfriend, but only if you want to be." Her response is a spontaneous kiss that is deep and freaking amazing. We sit there kissing for two minutes, I counted the seconds. When we finally pulled away you were breathing hard. The machine monitoring my heart rate is beeping rapidly. She has a big smile.

"I see I got you excited.”

“Babe you always make me excited.”

"Fucking machine tells all my secrets." Don't look down.

"So do these sheets." Damn she looked down. "I'm going to go eat." She walks out. Did they stop feeding you again? The damn doctor comes back in. I have a mischievous smirk on my face.

"You ready for another verbal beat down doc?" He glares at me.