Status: Complete

A Walk Through Hell

Chapter V

"Apparently your blood quota has risen high enough to the point where you can walk your smartass out of here." I flip him the bird. "Would you like to be unstrapped so you can change?"

"Yes please Mr. Doctor, sir." He leans down over my legs. I try to kick his face, but he's too fast. "Sorry I have a bad twitch." He walks muttering fucking bastard at me before he leaves. My clothes were in a drawer on the left side of the bed. The blood stains are everywhere, Francis must have cried when she saw. Fully dressed and feeling slightly dizzy I cautiously make my way to the bathroom. I glance at the mirror; the same pale face looks back at me. One blue eye, one green. Neck length black hair, I look like a sixteen year old version of Gerard Way. Both my wrists are taped over even though I cut the left one, man these people don't fuck around.

I do my business, wash my hands and try to locate my shoes. The floor is icy. "Why the fuck are you walking around?" Why is she here? "I'm talking to you." Well I'm not talking to you. "Listen to me." I'm trying not to. "I'm your mother and I want the best for you, and so does your father.” Clifford? Shit not him. I turn slowly to face them. Hey look, my right shoe.

"Hey champ. Good to see you." Not good to see you. "Your mother and I have been talking and we decided to get back together, we want you to live with us." Not again, never again. "It would be nice to have the family back together again. We miss you and we want things to go back to normal." I can't take this bullshit anymore.

"In order for things to be normal again, you need to leave us for a waitress, she needs to be drunk, and Faith needs to be alive. Oh wait, Faith's dead!" They freeze at the sound of her name. "Pretending to love each other won't be normal and it won't bring Faith back. You both act like she was never born, well she was and she hated you and I hate you so fuck off!" Francis walks up behind them.

"What's going on?" My parents don't answer, I meet her eyes and she senses my need for her. She walks over to my side and we hold hands tight. My father notices this and looks both surprised and disgusted. "You're dating this faggot?!" Thanks for the self-esteem boost, father. Satan tries to defend me.

"Clifford he's not gay."

"He fucks guys!"

"NO I DON'T! I'm bisexual! I haven't fucked a guy, let alone a girl so shut up about it!" Satan digs around in her purse for a pill to pop. My father is staring at me with hate in his eyes.

"Father, mother, I'm not going back. Faith was your daughter, she died nine years ago. I'm never going to live the two of you again." My father's veins are popping out.

"You are not my son! My kids aren't fags!" He storms out the room. Satan is silent. She gives Francis a hateful look. I step in front of her. "Don't you ever look at my girlfriend that way again!" Satan slaps me hard. Francis pulls me back to her.

"Don't you touch him!"

"You corrupted my son, you whore!" That tears it.

"Get out!" She stands her ground. I growl at her, she turns and leaves. A nurse comes in.

"Is everything alright?"

"Does it fucking look like everything is okay?" I've never seen this side of Francis before.

"Do you need help?" She is one persistent nurse.

"I need you to get the fuck out." I feel weak in my knees and fall on my ass, well on my left shoe, I'm tired and shaken.

"Zalex are you okay?"

"I'm fine, just tired." She sits on top of my outstretched legs and leans in to kiss me. She holds my face in her hands, I grab her waist and hold her tight. She wraps her arms around my neck. I can barely breathe but I don't care because I wanted to hold her like this forever.

"I love you so much." She sounds like she's on the verge of tears.

"I love you too baby. I want to be with you forever." Maybe I was on the verge of tears. She kissed me again and then moved to my right side. We interlocked fingers and she put her head on my shoulder. Her breathing slowed and her grip loosened. I kissed her forehead, "Sweet dreams my love." I relaxed and let the darkness overtake me.