Status: Complete

A Walk Through Hell

Chapter VI

"Did you manage to steal my keys?" She reaches into her pocket and holds them out to me.
"Here you are kind sir."

"Thank you madam. Now, where did you park?" She takes my hand and leads me to my pride and joy: A 1964 Ford Mustang in perfect condition, she sees me staring. "You love this car more than me." Maybe I do.

"No I would love this car more with you on top of it naked."

"You pervert."

"But you still love me."

"That I do" We climb into the car. The driver’s seat is black, the passengers is red. Same goes for the back. I grip the padded steering wheel and look at the golden 49ers symbol. God I love this car. It’s the best inheritance ever, well this and the money. I start the car and it roars to life, I love that sound. Its six A.M. and I don't have the energy to be an obnoxious teenager so I drive within the speed limit. The closer we get to my grandparents house the more nervous I get. If my grandfather is home...well let’s just say he won't be happy to see me. I can see the driveway, its empty. Good, the luck of the Irish is with me today. We get out the car, in the back of my mind I can't help but think I'm forgetting something important. I try the door, locked. Damn I forgot my house key. "Now what?" I take a step back.

"Wait here." I jump up and grab the edge of the gutters. I pull my full body weight up and onto the roof. When I was younger I sneaked out a lot so I fixed my window so it could open from the inside and the outside. I hear a click and I'm in. My room looks like a murder scene without caution tape. I run downstairs and open the door. "That was fast."

"That's the last time you'll ever say that." She smiles. We go upstairs to my room, she takes one look and decides to stay in the hallway. I don't blame her. I quickly pull my sports bag out from under my bed and start stuffing clothes that don't have blood on them inside. I see Faith's soccer ball and stuff that inside too. Lastly, I open my closet door and reach up to the top shelf in the back corner. I pull the safe out and dial in the combination. I take about three thousand out and stuff it in my wallet. I close the door behind me and see Francis looking at something. "Is this you and Faith?"

"That was me and Faith."

"You look so much like her."

"I know."

"How old were you?"

"I was five, she'd be twenty-five now."

"I'm sorry." She puts the picture down and I pick it up. I decide to bring it with me, these people don't deserve to remember her. "Let's go."