Status: Complete

A Walk Through Hell

Chapter VII

"Zalex?" No, not here. "Zalex where are you?" Not this day. "I'm coming Faith!" I thought I blocked this memory out.

"Hey little guy."

"Hey sissy!" It's October fourteenth it's a cloudy day a chance of rain. It's eight o' clock, damn morning games. She's wearing her soccer jersey, its orange with blue stripes on the arms an around the waist, it’s supposed to like Tony the tiger. "Ready to see me play?"

"Yeah!" If she had lived we would look exactly the same, except she had one green eye and one brown.

"I'm putting you in charge of my soccer ball. Think you can protect it?"

"With my life!" "Well let’s hope it doesn't come to that." The coach calls her over to the team huddle. "See you at half time little buddy." She kisses my cheek and runs back to the team. Our parents aren't here, they don't even know you play soccer. When half time comes around our team is winning by three and we injured two of the other team’s players. She runs up to me with a huge smile. "I'm gonna get you!" We start running around the sidelines, you scoop me up and smother me with kisses. The coach comes over and grabs me, she's always nice to me, the whole team is around, tickling me and saying "aww," and "how cute,' I was a babe magnet. The whistle blows, the second half begins.

"I'm gonna score three for you." She kisses me on my forehead and runs off. I'm watching intently, her ball is in my lap, she scores a goal and yells "I love you Zalex!" I'm jumping up and down with happiness. That's the last time I ever did that. A man is walking up to the game from the parking lot, I figured he was a late parent. He takes something shiny out of his pocket, I can't see it from here. She scores again and shouts "that's for you Zalex!" I smile. The man is walking fast now. He raises the metal object. Another goal. "All for you Zalex!" Gunshots. Everyone is screaming and running around. The man is tackled down, I'm trying to push my way around the crowd, I'm clinging to Faith's ball. I look out onto the field and see number fourteen lying on the field, Faith is number fourteen. I drop down next to her. I shake her body. "Faith?" No answer. I shake her again. "Faith?!" My hands are covered in blood. "Sissy!" I was five years old, she was fourteen. Fourteen was her favorite number. Faith Scene died on October fourteenth at nine fourteen a.m.