Status: Complete

A Walk Through Hell

Chapter VIII

After getting my stuff and the money I kept out of the bank, we started to drive aimlessly around the town. "I need to go home." I stare straight ahead. After about a minute she talks again. "Zalex-"

"Are they feeding you?" She's taken aback by the question, she looks down. "Francis." She won't look at me. "Francis answer me or I'm not taking you anywhere." I hear her breathe in. I make a sharp right turn and pull over. I take the keys out of the ignition and cross my arms over my chest. We sit there for almost ten minutes.

"No." I look at her. "My dad said there's no point in putting perfectly good gas in a dying car." Her eyes get moist. "

"What about your mom?" She's really crying now.

"She ignores me as usual." Those fuckers! Ever since Francis was diagnosed with lung cancer they've been treating her like she already died. She hates her parents, I hate them even more.

"Are you sure you want to go back?"

"I need to get all my stuff out of there." Good enough reason for me. I start the car back up again and speed, I want to make the trip go by quickly. When we finally get to her house I can see her mother’s car in the driveway. "Shit."

"Don't worry I'm going in with you." I take her hand as we walk to the front door. I was hoping her mother was asleep or something but I guess my luck ran out.

"Well hello Zalex, haven't seen you in a while." I glare at her.

"Is there someone else you want to say hi to?" She looks confused.

"I only see you."

"How about saying hello to your daughter!" "Zalex, you shouldn't joke about the dead." That ticks me off.

"Francis isn't dead!" I pull Francis in front of me so her mother has to look at her. "See she's standing right here! Acknowledge your only child stop pretending she's dead!" She stares right through Francis.

"Please mommy I'm right here."

"Zalex this isn't a funny joke. Finish your business then kindly leave my house." What a fucking bitch. Francis takes off running towards her room. I slowly relax myself and follow behind. When I get to her door she's shoving jeans, shirts, belts, bras, boxers, underwear, and shoes into a huge sports bag. She stops suddenly and starts to shudder and cry. I wrap her in my arms and try to calm her down. "Why won't she love me?"

"Because she's a heartless bitch." Her tears stop and she is holding on to me tightly.

"Where should we go?" I think about it, then it dawns on me.

"We can go to Andy's house." She looks up at me.

"Good plan, let's go."