Take It With Me

Maria Theresa Katarina Hathaway, known simply as Kitty to her friends and family, is a college student in present day Jackson, Mississippi. Tom Waits is a rising star in the year 1974. They don't have much in common.

And they're about to find that out first hand.

Beautiful banner made by carcinogenic.
  1. Bottom Of The World
    I'm lost and I'm lost. I'm lost at the bottom of the world.
  2. Is There Any Way Out Of This Dream?
    I can clearly see nothing is clear. I keep falling apart every year. Lets take a hammer to it, there's no glamour in it. Is there any way out of this dream?
  3. A Good Man Is Hard To Find
    A good man is hard to find, only strangers sleep in my bed. My favorite words are good-bye, and my favorite color is red.
  4. Goodnight, Irene
    Good night Irene, good night Irene, I'll get you in my dreams.
  5. Heartattack & Vine
    Gamblers reevaluate along the dotted line, you'll never recognize yourself on Heartattack and Vine.
  6. Midtown
  7. Once Upon A Town
    Simple addition keeps with tradition, don't spend your wages on love.
  8. Back In The Good Old World
    But now that I have gone from here, there's no place I'd rather be. Than to float my chances on the tide, back in the good old world.
  9. Foreign Affair
    When traveling abroad in the continental style, it's my belief one must attempt to be discreet. And subsequently bear in mind your transient position allows you a perspective that's unique.
  10. Just Another Sucker On The Vine
  11. Black Wings
    Well he once killed a man with a guitar string, he's been seen at the table with Kings. Well he once saved a baby from drowning, there are those that say beneath his coat there are wings.
  12. Anywhere I Lay My Head
    My head is spinning round, my heart is in my shoes. I went and set the Thames on fire, now I must come back down.
  13. Calliope
  14. Dirt In The Ground
    What does it matter, a dream of love or a dream of lies? We're all gonna be the same place when we die.
  15. Children's Story
    Once upon a time there was a poor child with no father, and no mother, and everything was dead. And no one was left in the whole world.
  16. Eggs and Sausage (In a Cadillac With Susan Michelson)
    Now well, the classified section offers no direction. It's a cold caffeine in a nicotine cloud. Now the touch of your fingers lingers burning in my memory, I've been eighty-sixed from your scheme.
  17. Cold Cold Ground
    Crestfallen sidekick in an old cafe, it slept with a dream before he had to go away.
  18. I Hope That I Don't Fall In Love With You
    Well, I hope that I don't fall in love with you. Cause falling in love just makes me blue.
  19. Puttin' On The Dog
    Tip that bottle from the brim to the dregs, you ain't dancin' till you cross your legs, puttin' on the dog tonight! We'll be puttin' on the dog tonight!
  20. Ninth & Hennepin
    And the bricks are all scarred with jailhouse tattoos and everyone is behaving like dogs.
  21. Mr. Siegal
    I shot the morning in the back with my red wings on; told the sun he better go back down. And if I can find a book of matches I'm goin' to burn this hotel down.
  22. Everything Goes To Hell (Part 1)
    Why be sweet, why be careful, why be kind? A man has only one thing on his mind. Why ask politely, why go lightly, why say please? They only want to get you on your knees.
  23. Everything Goes To Hell (Part 2)
    I only want to hear your purr and to hear you moan; there is another man who brings the money home. I don't want dishes in the sink; please don't tell me what you feel or what you think.
  24. Baby Gonna Leave Me
    And if I was a tree I'd be a cut down tree, and if I was a bed I'd be an unmade bed... Baby gonna leave me on a Grey Hound Bus, the stars are melting all across the sky.
  25. Dead and Lovely
    She was a middle class girl, she was in over her head. She thought she could stand up in the deep end.
  26. Fumblin' With The Blues (Part 1)
    You can't be lovin' someone who is savage and cruel; take your love and then they leave on out of town, no they do!
  27. Fumblin' With The Blues (Part 2)
    Friday left me fumbling with the blues. And it's hard to win when you always lose. Because the nightspots spend your spirit, beat your head against the wall. Two dead ends and you've still got to choose.
  28. Day After Tomorrow
    Lost here, I'll be 21 today, I been saving all my pay, and my plane will touch down on the day after tomorrow.
  29. Burma-Shave
    He's a juvenile delinquent, never learned how to behave, but the cops never think to look out in Burma Shave.
  30. Fawn
  31. With A Suitcase
    With a suitcase, and a couple of bucks, I'm gonna skip this rhubarb, slide down the boulevard. I ain't gonna take that dame with me!
  32. Goin' Down Slow
    Well, it's a quarter to two and I'm looking at you, we're goin' down, goin down slow.
  33. It's Just The Way We Are, Boys
    Because it's just the way we are boys, just the way we are. Don't try to change us because it's just the way we are.
  34. Depot, Depot
    Depot, depot, what am I doing here? I ain't coming, I ain't going, my confusion is showing, and outside the midnight wind is blowing Sixth Avenue.
  35. Coattails Of A Dead Man
    Well, he wasn't looking for fanfare or fame, but it all came around just the same. He then met a girl with desire in her eyes, he gave her love, she took his name.
  36. Adios Lounge
    Don't let nobody go there for you. Don't be satisfied with a second-hand life. Don't let nobody stifle or bore you, handle your troubles or take on your strife. Don't let nobody live your life for you.
  37. Lonely
    Lonely eyes, lonely face, lonely, lonely in your place.
  38. I'm Your Late Night Evening Prostitute
    And I got here at eight and I'll be here 'til two, I'll try my best to entertain you.