Status: Finished.

You Really Aren't Just Last Nights Dream, Are You?

One.

I walked down the street, completely aware of the figure that followed a few feet behind me. I was being followed, but I've experienced much weirder things. I finally came to a sudden hault, I froze. "... Sorry." I heard that familiar male voice choke out softly from behind me, "I.. Sorry." I winced to myself, then turned halfway around and looked at the boy who was following me. I recognized him, it was Brendon, I saw him every night I went to the bar, he must spend alot of time there, I really only caught sight of him at night. I had to admit, he was attractive, so yeah, I do have maybe a little crush on him. His dark hair quivered slightly from the cold wind that blew against us, and his dark eyes, that almost looked black, were locked onto me, staring at me, making me feel uncomfortable. "I didnt really.. I mean..." He stuttered cutely, he was at a loss for words. "Sorry." He managed to breath out once more, I chuckled at him quietly under my breath, before turning and continue making my way down the street. Hewas still following behind me, what is he doing? I stopped again and looked behind me, my eyes locked to his.
"What are you doing?" I questioned, giving him a weird look. If I said I wasnt creeped out just a little, I'd be lying.
He stared back at me absentmindedly, "... These streets get dangerous at night." He said, nervously, I knew he could see me shaking, "... Sorry.." He choked out again.
"... Man, you really have to stop saying your sorry." I sighed quietly, almost sounding like I was talking to myself. He winced back at me curiously, "Dont you have places to be? Or maybe some things to do?" I questioned him, he swallowed hard.
"I just dont want you getting hurt.." He told me quietly, taking one step forward, "It wouldnt be that great if I woke up the next morning and saw your death being announced in the newspaper, Im not so great at living with guilt." His eye's widened, but he wasnt looking at me, he was looking at something behind me. Before I knew it,he was infront of me, acting as a shield. "Stay behind me." He ordered me quietly, I started to fidget, his hands were grasping my wrists, holding me behind him, "Please, Kat." He begged, I paused and winced at him.
"Hey, Brend." I heard another male voice say smoothly, "Whatchya got there behind your back?" I nervously peeked my head out from behind Brendon and saw two taller boys, they looked vicious and mean. One of the boys spotted me and smirked, "Is this your little girlfriend?... You've got nice taste, Brend."
"Mmm.." The other boy sniffed and smiled deviously, "She's alive... and fresh, too."
"Tisk tisk, Brendon, you should know thats against the rules!" The other boy smirked, "Didnt anyone ever tell you not to play with your food?"
"We're kind of hungry though, so buddy, why dont you share?" They both smirked at me, and one of them grabbed me out from behind Brendon, wrapping his arms around me.
I yelped, "Ah! Let me go, jerk!" I screamed desperately, Brendon watched in horror, anger filled his eyes.
"If your not going to, you dont mind if we give her a taste, do you?" The boy gripped me tightly, smirking at Brendon.
"Stop," Brendon blurted out, then paused, "She's mine, get your own." He grabbed me and pulled me to him, making me bump up to his chest. The boys looked at him, wide eyed and surprised. Why were they treating me like a piece of meat?
"Taking control are we, Brendon?" One boy smiled mischevously, "Fine then, lets see you take a bite." I looked up at Brendon, and he stared at them blankly, he bit his lip softly. "Oh please, dont tell me you've fallen in love with a human girl!" The boy cried out.
"No!" Brendon defended and let me go, stepping back, but he was still closer to me then the other two boys.
"Alright, then have a taste." The boy suggested, Brendons eyes left them and he stared at me curiously, biting his lip. "Ohhh, Brendons horny." He laughed out, "Looks like he had a little more planned for tonight then a meal."
The other boy laughed too, "Nice idea, Brend. Have sex with her, then eat." Brendon looked up at them objectively. "Oh, just give her a taste." He urged, "If you dont, we will." Brendon winced at them.
"No, fine." He surrendered, "I'll.. I will." He stared at me pleadingly, then stepped up to me, his hands grabbing my upper arms so I couldnt run away. I was up against him, he leaned into the side of my face. "Shh." He whispered into my ear, he was scaring me, "Im not going to hurt you... Just, play along. I'll explain after." I couldnt move, I was frozen with fear and confusion. Then, I could feel his tongue sliding up the side of my neck lightly, my eyes closed, almost with pleasure. His tongue reached my jaw and he kissed my jawline. His skin was freezing, even more then mine, and he was pale. He slid his hands down my arms, "Come with me," I was about to object, "They'll hurt you..." I paused.
"Okay," I whispered through a soft, quiet breath. His hand grabbed mine and started running, pulling me with him.
"Brendon!" One of the boys screamed, "You liar! Who the hells side are you on?!" Brendon didnt stop, he just continued running, pulling me with him around the corner.
"Where do you live?" He asked, still pulling me along with him. I muttered out my address to him, wincing at him curiously. He pulled me to my apartment building and up to my apartment, making sure I arrived safely. I stepped inside, then turned to him, he was looking inside curiously.
"... Do you want to come in?" I asked, tilting my head to the side slightly, his eyes locked onto me and he nodded blankly, then brushed past me, into my apartment. I closed the door, and my hand rubbed the side of my neck where he had licked me earlier. "So... what was with that..." I asked quietly, he was sitting on my couch, staring at his hands, almost inspecting them.
"I knew you were going to ask.." He sighed, then looked up at me and stared, "Did you like that?"
I winced, "Like what?"
A smile crept across his lips, "When I licked you." He reminded me, saying it like it was the most normal thing ever, "You tasted wonderful."
"... Err, thanks." I muttered, this guys weird, "So, why were those guys talking about me like.. I was food or something?" He stared at me blankly, then looked down at the floor.
"You have to promise not to tell..." He mumbled, "Because, I have to tell you now..." I winced, then nodded. "... Im kind of... sort of.. dead." He muttered.
My eyes widened and I stared at him, "What? Like, your a zombie?! You were going to eat me!?" I screeched, he stood up and went for me, quickly putting his hand over my mouth to shut me up. I went silent, and his dark eyes stared me down, my heart was racing, either from running, or from the thought of him licking my neck.
"Zombies arent real." He reminded me, "But..." He was hesitant to continue, "Vampires.. kind of... are." My eyes widened, did he just say he was a vampire? "Now, Im going to let you go, but you have to promise not to scream." I nodded, and he moved his hand away from my mouth and the room fell silent for a moment.
"Your not gonna like... bite me, are you?" I broke the silence and he stared at me.
"As much as I want to, no. Im not." He told me quietly, "Licking your skin is almost as good though." I winced at him, and he smirked down at me. His hands wrapped around my wrists and pulled me forward into him, I didnt fight him off, I couldnt move, he was licking and kissing at my neck again, just enjoying my taste.
"Brendon?" I broke the silence, interrupting his moment of pleasure, he stopped and looked at me, "Tell me about vampires.."

We were sitting on the couch, facing eachother. He was explaining things to me, "So, you have a group?" I tilted my head and he nodded.
"I guess we could be called the 'good guys'.. but, theres not really a good side or a bad side. Theres just different vampires who like to live differently. Some like to feast on people, and some of us use a remedy to get rid of our blood lust." He explained, "I grew up as a vampire, raised by a family where I was only allowed to bite girls. I guess, its like orientation wise, or something... If your a straight guy, then you bite girls. Anyway, me and my friends kind of protect the humans, we dont like biting them, so we hunt the ones who do."
"So.. your really not going to bite me." I concluded, he smiled cutely and shook his head vigorously.
"Well, if you dont let me taste you again, then I might have to.." He teased, crawling closer to me on his hands and going in for my neck.
"Brendon?" I heard a deep voice ask out, Brendon paused, getting irritated, "What are you doing?" The voice asked out frantically.
Brendon sighed, "Im not going to bite her," He pulled away from me, and I could see a head popping in through my window.
"Dude, shhhh." Another person hissed at Brendon, Brendon sighed and rolled his eyes, then turned around to look at them.
"Guys, she knows, its cool." He told them, they all sighed in relief. "Geeze... I cant even get a little romance without people being suspicious..." He muttered to himself.
"... You mean, they dont care that I know?" I whispered to him, he looked at me.
"Well, its against the rules, but.. we dont really follow them... we like to think of them as guidelines or suggestions." He shrugged as multiple boys started pouring into my house through the window. Brendon turned and watched them, "Sure, come on in guys.. We didnt want to be alone anyways.." He said sarcastically.
"Thanks, bro." A boy smiled at him, then looked at me, "Im Pete," He started without me even having to ask, he pointed at each of the boys and named them.
".. Nice to meet you." I chuckled, and they smiled at me.
Pete looked back and forth between us, "We didnt interupt anything big, did we?"
"No, Brendon was just licking my neck." I laughed, spiting Brendon and he sighed.
"I'd like to get back to that..." He glared at the boys and they all looked back at him innocently.
"Whatever," Patrick laughed, "Just be careful... Passionate gestures make him hungry." He winked as all of the boys made their way out of the window one by one. I giggled and Brendon was silent, Patrick was the last to crawl out the window, and they all fled. Before I could say anything, Brendons lips were forced against mine, kissing me roughly, crawling closer until he was hovering over me. I didnt really mind this, I couldnt say that I didnt want him. He grabbed at me and pulled me upwards against him. I moaned against his lips and he moved on to my neck. After a few moments, he paused and looked at me.
"Can I stay here tonight?" He whimpered longingly. I stared at him, he looked back at me with pleading eyes, "I get lonely at night.." I smiled in awe, and nodded.