Status: Finished.

You Really Aren't Just Last Nights Dream, Are You?

Eleven.

I stepped into the kitchen, then stopped dead in my tracks. "Alex?" I gasped. There she was, sitting on the counter, "What are you-"
"Spencer didnt tell you?"
"Oh... yeah. He did." I winced and she chuckled. Then, Brendon walked in, shirtless, and we both went silent. She looked back and forth between us, and he stood there,
frozen, rubbing the back of his neck.
"... Should I leave?" He whispered over to me.
"So he does talk." She gasped and he chuckled. She was staring at us and smiling.
"What?" I asked, tilting my head.
She hopped off the counter and brushed past us, then sang, "Nothing." We both stood there, then finally looked over at eachother.
"... Well... she's nice... I think?" He said, making me laugh softly at him.
"You should go put a shirt on."
He smirked, "Why dont you come help me with that?" I rolled my eyes, then grabbed him by the wrist and pulled him upstairs with me.
"You really are an idiot." I laughed as he pulled on a plain red shirt, then he walked up to me, sliding his arms around my waist.
"But Im your idiot." He smiled down at me, making me laugh softly, "And you're my cute little vampire girl." I nuzzled my face into his chest, hiding the fact that I was embarassed. I guess I still have to get used to me being a vampire.

I sat there with Brendons head in my lap. I was running my fingers through his hair and petting him, because I knew how much he'd liked it when I did that. He was sick, and Im not sure how he'd gotten sick, he just did. It was probably something he'd eaten. His eyes opened slowly and he looked up at me, "Kat?" He asked quietly through a scratchy voice, it was obvious he was sick just by hearing him. I smiled down at him softly, "... What are you doing?"
"Stop talking sicko." I teased.
"Im sick?" He whispered, trying not to strain his voice. I nodded.
"Go back to sleep." I whispered, and he stared up at me.
"Im not tired though." He whined quietly and I rolled my eyes.
"Now you're just acting like a little kid." I chuckled, "I dont care if you're not tired, go back to sleep."
"I dont want to." He pouted.
I squinted down at him, "You really are an idiot."
He smiled up at me, "I love you too." He teased quietly making me sigh. I leaned down and pecked his lips, making him give me a weird look, "And you're not afraid ofgetting sick?"
"Not really, Im always sick." I chuckled softly and played with his hair.
"I dont have to go back to bed still, do I?" He whispered, giving me the puppy dog face.
I sighed, "I give up." He smiled up at me and took my hand from his hair, holding it tightly, then placing a kiss on my knuckles. "Do you want me to go get you some tea?"
He scoffed, "Fuck that, I want coffee."
"No, no, no!" I laughed, "You know what happens to you when you have coffee!"
"So? You're worse!" He defended, and I rolled my eyes at him.
"You wish."
"Just go get me some coffee."
"No."
"Pwease?" He pouted cutely, making me stare at him decidingly before caving into him.
"Fine." I sighed, then jumped out from under his head, making it fall back onto the matress.
"You could have warned me before you did that."
"Its more fun this way." I smirked before sliding out through the door.

I walked down the empty street. It seemed like one of those creepy abandoned towns in the middle of nowhere, I guess it kind of is though. "Kat!" I heard a voice call
from behind me, and I could smell Alex. She ran up beside me, "What are you doing all alone?" Ever since I got bitten, I could smell peoples blood. I was like an animal, my
sense of smell and hearing was way better then it used to be.
"Im going to get Brendon some coffee." I told her, and all she did was smile the biggest smile ever.
"Ever since you got so close to him, you've seemed different." She said, looking down and watching her feet walk, "And you've kind of looked different too... Not in a bad way of course."
"Nice cover." I laughed as we walked into a small coffee shop and approached the counter. I ordered two coffee's and asked ifshe wanted anything.
"Nah." She declined, "I have to lay off the coffee for a while."
I chuckled, "So... You and Spencer are dating?"
She smiled and nodded, "Yeah, he's really sweet." He probably hasnt told her about, well, what he is.
"I know." I agreed, "They're all really sweet."
She smiled a little larger, "You and Brendon seem really happy together." She said softly. Everything always just comes back to me and Brendon, doesnt it?
"And we are." I pointed out, paying for the drinks and then walking out.
"Have you guys..."
"Dont even ask." I sighed, why does she always ask that?
"Well sorry..." She chuckled, embarassed, "... So... Is that a yes?" I didnt say anything, only sighed.
We got to the house, and when we walked in, all of the guys were sitting around watching their old television. I handed Brendon his coffee, "Yes, sweet sweet coffee."
I laughed softly, "Dont go crazy."
"Same goes for yourself." He grabbed me and pulled me down onto the couch. It was pretty crowded, since there were three people already sitting on it.
"So," Alex started, "Why do you guys live in this old beaten up house?"
Everyone went silent and there was a long pause, "... It was in my inheritance?" Jon said unsurely.
She winced at him, "Ohh." She nodded slowly. She was never the smartest person...
Brendons hand slid onto the other side of my legs and pulled them onto his lap so they were arched over his legs. He smiled at me, "Your friends not very smart." He chuckled quietly to me.
"I know." I whispered back and he put his coffee on the coffee table infront of the couch. Coffee on a coffee table, ironic, am I right?
He ran his hand up and down my thigh softly, "I love you." He whispered, then pecked my lips, making me smile at him. I could see Alex smiling at us from the corner of my eye, and I wanted to stick my tongue out at her.
Jons hands slid onto either side of Brendon's head, covering his ears slightly, "Look at his darling face." He teased, making me giggle. Brendon didnt blush or anything, he just smiled at me, and I couldnt help but to place a quick kiss on his lips.
"Awww, they're like little school kids." Ryan smirked at us and I stuck my tongue out at him.
"You guys are so cute." Alex laughed, "All cuddled up on the couch and such."
"Can you stop talking about how adorable we are and just watch the damn TV?" Brendon said.
"But there's nothing on." Pete pointed out, "And this is way more fun."
I rolled my eyes at them, "Why dont you guys pick on Spencer and Alex?" I smirked at her.
"Because." Patrick said, "They arent the ones cuddling."
"We arent cuddling." I defended and they all winced.
"... Sure..." Pete muttered.
"You know, this is toned down compared to what they could be doing..." Joe pointed out and Andy and Patrick gave him a weird look.
"Dude, gross." Andy said and me and Brendon laughed.
"Lets just change the subject, please?" I sighed, Pete rolled his eyes and gave up.
"Fine." He sighed back.
"Well, I have to get home anyway." Alex stood up from her seat.
"I'll walk you out." Spencer said, standing up as well, then they walked out. When he came back, we all glared at him, making him freeze beside the counter. "What?"
"You didnt tell her, did you?" Brendon said.
"What?"
Pete rolled his eyes, "About, you know, the little fact that youre a vampire."
"Oh..." Spencer said.
"Knew it." I sighed, "You better not bite her."
He looked at me defensively, "Thats up to her!" He defended, "And hey, Brendon bit you without us even knowing. It was your decision, so this is hers."
"... Fine." I surrendered, "But you have to tell her that youre a vampire way before you even have that thought."
"Fine." He said, then winced at me for a second, "... What do you think she'll say when she finds out? I mean, you're a vampire too now." This made me pause, what would
she think? What if she got freaked out and ran away and we never saw her again? Would she think we're monsters?
"... I dont know." I sighed, turning back around. Brendon gave me a reassuring look and kissed my forehead.
"It'll be okay, baby." He whispered.
"Maybe we should tell her." Ryan said, "Just to get it over with... you know?"
"Yeah." Jon agreed.
I looked at them, "... Whatever everyone else wants to do, I dont care." I muttered, and Patrick let out a sigh.
"Maybe we should wait though, to tell her, I mean." Brendon suggested, "I mean, maybe if she gets to know us, she wont be so quick to judge." Spencer nodded without hesitation.
I rested my head against his shoulder and he rested his head against mine. All of the boys left and went to their rooms, so it was only me and Brendon. "I dont want to lose
my best friend." I choked, he kissed my head.
"Dont worry, everything will turn out alright." He whispered.
"... Thank you." I whispered softly.
"For what?"
"... Everything."

I opened my eyes and stared at the ceiling for a minute. If someones going to tell Alex about the whole vampire thing, it should be me. Im her best friend, after all. She trusts me the most out of all of us.
I propped myself up onto my elbows, and then looked over and saw Brendon passed out beside me on his stomach. I ran my hand back through his hair and smiled down at him, then got out of bed and quietly got changed before making my way out of the room.

I knocked on her door, and soon, it opened to reveal a tired looking Alex, "Oh.." She groaned tiredly, "Hey, Kat." She moved to the side and let me in. I brushed past her
and sat down on the couch. "Whats up?"
"I have to tell you something... its really important." I said nervously. She came over and sat beside me. She rubbed her eye and yawned, then nodded, "... Me and... well,
me... Ryan... Spencer... Jon... Pete... and Brendon... we're all.. kind of..." I hesitated and she looked at me in concern, "Dead."
Her eyes shot open, "What?" She choked.
"We're... vampires."
She went silent for a moment, "... Spencer is?" I nodded, "... Brendon is?" I nodded again, "... How... you... how long have you been one?"
"... A few days?" I said, "Brendon bit me."
She furrowed her eyebrows, "He killed you?"
"... I wouldnt put it like that." I muttered.
"That asshole!" She yelped.
"No! No!-"
"And now Spencer's going to bite me!?"
"No! Thats not it at all! He doesnt want to!" I defended, "And I let Brendon bite me! It was my idea!"
"Why would you do that?! You'd never give that up! Stop defending your boyfriend!"
"No, you stop!" I shot up from the couch, "We arent monsters or anything! We dont want to hurt anyone, thats other vampires that we try to get rid of!"
"Kat." She sighed, "... I cant do this.. I cant deal with this." My heart sank.
"So.. thats it then?" I choked, "We just arent friends anymore?"
She went silent and looked away from me, "... Im... Im sorry." I imediately ran out of the house and down the street, trying to hold in the tears. I didnt know where I was going, but I ran into the forest and soon found myself in the middle of it. I sat up in a tree, laying down on the branch with one of my arms just hanging down lifelessly. I dont
need her, if she doesnt want to be my friend anymore then I dont need her. Just, she was my friend ever since I was little, and now its all over.
"... Well, well, well." I heard a smooth voice say. My eyes shot to the ground just to see Gabe smirking up at me, "Long time no see, Princess."
"Ugh." I groaned, "What do you want?"
"Nothin', well, nothing you'd agree to anyway." He laughed, "Why so upset?"
"None of your business." I hissed at him, "You can leave now."
"You sure?" He asked, "You dont want me to go fetch Brendon for you? I mean, he could make it all better, couldnt he? With his smooth talk and all."
"What the fuck are you talking about, Gabriel?" I snapped, and he rolled his eyes.
"Oh please, I know the effect you have on eachother. I mean, when I told him you were with William, he was determined to rescue you." He said, "Its obvious you two
would do anything for eachother... And thats Williams advantage."
"Can we not talk about him?" I muttered, "I never want to see that asshole again."
"I cant guarantee you anything." He laughed, "He's still out there, Princess, so, you better keep your guard up."
I winced to myself, "... What was in that little velvet bag he gave you anyway?" I squinted at him.
"Oh, that was nothing." He shoved his hands in his pockets shyly.
"Come on, Gabe." I said, "You can tell me."
"... It was just a rock, okay?" He sighed.
"Can I see?"
"No."
"Why?"
"Because, I gave it to..." He paused.
"... To who?"
"... My little sister."
"Is she a vampire?"
"Errr.. no."
"Ohhh... so, what does it do?"
"... It'll keep her safe."
"Awww. You've gone soft."
"Not as soft as Brendon." He teased and I rolled my eyes at him.
"Brendons not soft." I defended.
"To you he is." He pointed out, "You're like his master or something... He's probably woken up now and found himself alone. He's probably wondering where you are, hoping
you're okay, worrying about you."
"... He doesnt have to." I muttered, "Im prefectly independant."
"... Let me tell you something, girly." He started, "You're lucky to have someone who only thinks about you. You're practically on his mind 24/7."
"And how do you know this?"
"Everyone knows this. You're like a drug to him." He said, "You're his most prized posession."
"... Can you leave me alone?" I asked, "Please? I just want to be alone."
He sighed, "Fine... I'll see you around, Princess." He walked off, and soon, disappeared into the tree's. I layed on that tree branch for a while, before jumping down from it. I made it home, but decided to just go in through mine and Brendon's window, not wanting to confront anyone. Atleast Brendon I could handle at this point.
I jumped down onto the balcony and walked in. Brendon was sitting on the bed, and he imediately looked over at me, "Where were you?" He asked, concern was obvious in his voice, "What happened?"
I felt angry with him. He treated me like a kid, like I was his property, "Dont talk to me."
He winced at me, "... W-What did I do?" He frowned, "What happened?"
"I told Alex." I muttered, "And shes not my friend anymore... So, you can tell Spencer that shes probably gonna break up with him... Might as well tell him Im sorry while youre at it." I fell down onto the bed.
"... I... So... Why are you angry with me?" He asked softly.
I groaned, "... I dont need you to protect me." I muttered, "I have independance."
".. I know you do." He whispered, "... You're one of the strongest girls I've ever seen." Why does he do this to me? I felt like I could almost cave into him, but, I wouldnt letmy anger be washed away so soon. I was still upset about the whole Alex thing.
"Please leave me alone." I whispered, "I dont want to talk to anyone." I turned onto my side, so I couldnt see the look on his face. I knew if I looked at him, I'd probably
cave in right at the sight.
I heard him sigh, "... If thats what you want." He whispered. I knew he just wanted to make me happy again, he didnt like seeing me upset. But, I cant always be happy. Ihave more then one emotion.