Status: Finished.

You Really Aren't Just Last Nights Dream, Are You?

Twelve.

I didnt really talk to anyone for the rest of the week, and I could tell it was a struggle for Brendon not to yell at me to snap out of it. I didnt want to face anyone, I wouldnt
let them see me like this. My eyes were black, and I was slightly more pale. But, probably because I didnt really go out during the day anymore. I spent most of my time on the roof, just sitting there, waiting for the sun to go down. Or, more like watching the sun all day until it was night. It was like the moon was my best friend now. I started feeling strange, and soon, when the sun did set, and it was night, I would leave and go into town, or into the forest. I guess I was missing being alive a little bit. I felt sick. I feltdifferent.
I walked down the dark street, people passing me like groups of guys heading back from the bar, or couples out for a walk, or just people walking their dogs. I loved the
night. It was like I was turning nocturnal, except I really didnt sleep at all, and when I did, it was on the roof. I couldnt face Brendon. I didnt want to give in. I didnt want to believe my happiness, and I didnt want to believe this sadness I was feeling. This was all just a dream, and Im waiting to wake up.
Next thing I knew, I was sitting ontop of an apartment building, drinking a beer that I'd gotten from a bunch of guys who had a cooler with them. "Kat." A voice whispered
from behind me, I didnt bother to turn around. I knew it was Brendon. He usually came out looking for me, and every night, he found me. I dont know how he does it.
He came over and sat beside me, and we stayed there for a while. He didnt talk. Usually when he came and found me, we didnt talk. Or atleast I wouldnt, but when he
did, he didnt say too much. Something told me he had alot of things to say to me tonight, "... Whats happening to you?" He choked.
"Brendon, please-"
"No. Im not going to leave you alone." He growled, "Whats going on? Are you keeping something from me?" He stared at me, but I didnt make eye contact, I just stared out at the lights that came from the town. "... What happened to my Kat?..." He whispered, almost choking on his words. I never made eye contact with him. Well, until now.
I flicked my eyes over at him, and he just stared, "... I dont know whats happening to me." I whispered, my words slurring together.
His hand lifted and reached for me then his fingertips brushed down my jawline, "Baby." He whispered back, and I felt safe. I hadnt felt safe the whole week, "... My baby."
My eyes teared up, "Brendon." I whimpered, "Im turning into a monster." I dug my face into my knees, that I held up against my chest. He pulled me against him, wrapping his arms around me protectively and rubbing my back reassuringly.
"Do you want me to get Patrick to give you a look..." He offered quietly, "I wont let anyone hurt you, baby." I sobbed and nodded slowly into his chest.
He took me back to the hide out, and I tried to conceal as much of me as I could in my black hoodie. I could see the boys watch me follow Brendon to Patricks room, and I could almost feel the sadness from all of their glares eating into my soul.
We walked into Patricks room, where he was expecting us since Brendon had called him. He sat me down at the corner of his bed, and Patrick turned and my black eyes
struck him. He leaned into me and studied my eyes. Brendon sat beside me and my grip on his hand tightened nervously. "... Kat." Patrick said calmly, "You're not turning into
a monster." I felt relieved, "... Every person who gets turned into a vampire at your age goes through this stage..." I listened attentively, "Brendon probably even went through this stage when he was a baby... You're last vampire qualities are kicking in... Though, I dont know why your eyes have taken this color." He tilted his head slightly in
curiousity, "I'll look through that book that the doctor gave me and see if it has any answers." He told me, "Brendon, you should take her upstairs and calm her down a little,
she's scared." He didnt know how right he was. But, I felt scared against my own will, like I had to feel afraid.
Brendon nodded and stood up, pulling me up with him and taking me upstairs. When we passed the boys, they all watched us again. I didnt say anything, just stared back at them, revealing my eyes. I waved at them slightly to show I was okay, and each of them shot me a small wave or smile.
I walked into the bedroom, and Brendon walked in after me and closed the door. I went straight to the bed and kneeled down, then slid onto it on my stomach. It was so
soft, and it smelt just like Brendon, "... Im so... tired." I whispered as he came and sat beside me on the bed, crossing his legs and smiling down at me.
"I would imagine," He chuckled kindly, "You havent slept at all for the whole week." His hand reached out and petted my hair, like I was a kitten.
I sighed, "... I hope I dont look weird with my eyes like this..."
He laughed under his breath, "... That should be the least of your concerns." He whispered, laying down on his stomach beside me, holding himself up on his elbows, "But, if you really want to know..." He whispered, "You look very attractive with black eyes." I smiled weakly, and he pecked my lips quickly, then smiled back at me. We layedthere for a few minutes and he bit his lip and played with his fingers, "I missed you." He whispered sadly, staring down at his hands. I smiled softly at him then brushed my fingers down the other side of his jawline, turning his head so he could look at me. I leaned into him and our lips met and stayed that way for a few seconds.
When our lips broke I looked at him for a few seconds before leaning into the side of his neck and placing a soft kiss on it, "... Im so hungry." I whimpered.
He laughed under his breath, "Go for it, baby." He whispered into my ear and I felt his fingers in my hair. I smiled and snuggled my face into his neck, then my teeth sank in and I could taste his blood. I moaned and continued to drink, he didnt make a sound, but his fingers were tangled in my hair. "Ow." He whimpered and I imediately pulled my teeth out of his neck.
"Whats wrong?" I asked him, then looked at his neck. It was a little more red then it should be. "Oh my god." I pushed myself up and kneeled beside him, "Im so sorry, are
you alright? I didnt hurt you too bad, did I?" I asked him frantically. He chuckled and just shook his head at me before sitting up.
"Im fine." He told me, "Dont worry about it." I sighed and pulled him closer, then licked the wound I left on his neck.
I pulled back after all traces of blood were gone, "How's Spencer been?" I questioned knowingly.
"He's alot better... He still misses her though." He said.
"This isnt fair.." I sighed, "I ruined it for him."
"No, no." He said, "He's not mad, he knew we'd have to tell her one day. Hes actually sort of glad you told her before he got too attached." I sighed again, brushing my
thumb across his cheek lightly. "... Come on, I want to show you something." He said quickly, grabbing my hand and leading me out of the room, out of the hide out and down the street.
We walked down the street, I was freezing. I was shivering like crazy. Brendons hand dropped mine and his arm wrapped around my shoulders, pulling me against him to keep me warm. I rested my head on his shoulder while we walked, passing people who gave us either weird looks, or adoring ones. "Where are we going?" I whispered,
stuttering slightly from the cold air.
"Havent you always wanted a puppy?" He whispered randomly, making me wince.
"Well, yeah, but I have you." I smiled up at him, making him look down at me with a soft expression.
"Thats why Im doing this," He sighed, "What if somethings happens to me, and Im not there with you anymore."
"... Brendon, stop it." I muttered, "Dont say that, please."
"Okay, okay... but, Im just saying." He sighed again.
"... So, wait, where are we going?" I asked quietly.
"... To get a dog." He whispered to me, and we stopped infront of an animal shelter. I stared up at the big white sign of the shelter, "... I've already told them that we were going to come pick up one of the puppies tonight... I didnt choose, because I wanted to choose with you." He explained, "... It'll be the start of our own little family." He chuckled, smiling down at me. I smiled up at him before pulling his face down to mine and pressing our lips together. This just made him smile against my lips even larger.
"I love you, Brendon." I whispered, smiling at him softly.
"I love you." He whispered back, still smiling.
When we walked into the shelter, I felt awestruck as I looked at all the homeless animals. It wasnt as loud because most of them were asleep by now. Brendon talked to
the lady at the counter while I walked up to one of the little metal fenced squares with a little golden retriever puppy sitting in the back corner. He looked so lonely, and I felt like I just wanted to cuddle him. He looked so sad for such an adorable little dog. I touched my fingers up against the fence as I looked in at the tiny puppy.
Arms wrapped around my waist and Brendons head stuck out beside mine, digging his chin into my shoulder, "I like that one too." He whispered knowingly.
"Its so cute." I whimpered in awe, making him chuckle. I crouched down beside the cage, pulling out of Brendons grasp.
"When we get a puppy, youre not going to give it all your attention and forget about me are you?" He chuckled, crouching down beside me.
"How could I forget you?" I asked him, not taking me gaze from the little puppy that was sitting on a little bed of blankets. I finally looked over at Brendon and he shrugged at me, making me laugh under my breath at his expression. "I couldnt forget you." I pointed out, slipping my hand into his and looking back at the little puppy.
A moment of silence went by before Brendon spoke up, "... Do you want to take this one home?" He questioned and I looked over at him.
I hesitated, "Do you want to?" I asking the same question to him. He just nodded. "Really?" He nodded again. "Really really?"
He laughed, "Okay, now youre just getting ridiculous." He said, "Yes, really really." I glanced back at the puppy just to see it taking careful steps towards us. It looked scared, which is completely understandable since its only a baby and we're completely new to him. I put my hand through the fence as far as I could to let the puppy take in my scent. He stuck his nose out a little and sniffed my fingertips before walking right up to the cage, right infront of us. Brendon put his hand in and the puppy gently took
one of his fingers in his mouth, biting on it softly. Brendon laughed and nodded, "Yeah, okay, this one." He laughed and nodded with no hesitation, scratching the puppies chin lightly.
"You like Teddy I see." A woman laughed kindly from behind us. We both turned and looked up to see an older woman smiling down at us. She looked like a really nice woman, "He's only a year old." She told us, "He was born here, but no one seems to want to take him... He's usually always in that corner, but he seems to really like the two of you." This made us both smile, "Im Debra." The woman told us, and we both stood up awkwardly, realizing we'd been staring up at her the whole time. We shook her hand and she smiled.
"So, his names Teddy?" I asked, glancing down at the little puppy who was now leaning up against the cage lazily.
I turned back and the woman nodded, "... Do you think we could have him?" Brendon asked, chuckling awkwardly.
"I dont see why not." The woman laughed, "I dont think we'll find another pair of people he'll like as much... You're lucky he even gave you a chance."
I laughed nervously and she took out a ring of keys that was hooked onto her belt, then unlocked the little door. The puppies once motionless tail began to wag as the
door opened. We both stepped in and kneeled down, petting the puppy and scratching it.
"He's really cute." Brendon laughed, ruffling the fur ontop of the puppies head. I laughed and nodded in agreement.
"So, has Teddy found a new family?" Debra asked us, and we both had no hesitation exiting the little caged in area and filling out the paperwork. "Alright, so, we'll give you
a small bag of things to start you off. It has some food, food bowls and some other things." She told us, "He's already has his shots, so you dont have to worry about that." She handed Brendon the bag of goods, then went a leashed up Teddy. She brought him out, practically getting pulled along by the puppy, and handed me the leash. We said goodbye and walked out with big, stupid smiles on our faces.
"He looks really happy." I laughed, watching the little puppy sniff the sidewalk as we walked down the street. He looked so interested and curious, and he was almost
pulling me along.
"Hey, you would be too if you were locked up in a cage all your life." Brendon pointed out, laughing happily.
"I cant believe we got a dog." I said in disbelief. Brendon wrapped his free arm around my shoulders again and kissed my head, then rested his head against mine.
When we walked in, we went straight for the family room where all of the guys were. We stepped into the kitchen first, putting the dog food in the cupboard, then walked in and all of the guys looked over and stared at us. I held Teddy in my arms, and they all looked excited. Teddy looked around the room curiously, and then Pete broke the silence, "You guys got a puppy!?" He yelped excitedly. We both laughed and nodded, then I put Teddy on the ground and he ran over to the boys. They all stumbled and started petting him like they were all little kids. They all had the stupid smiles on their faces that me and Brendon had.
We walked over, sitting down on the ground, side by side, "Whats his name?" Ryan asked, smiling, as he rubbed the dogs back.
"Teddy." Brendon laughed. We were so happy, we couldnt help but laugh.