Status: Finished.

You Really Aren't Just Last Nights Dream, Are You?

Two.

I arched my back, stretching myself out and moaning tiredly, I was in my tank top and shorts. Morning sunlight leaked in from the closed blinds, I looked over and saw a
pale, tired Brendon with sheets wrapped around him from the waist down, he was staring at me, studying me. I winced back at him curiously, "Isnt your skin going to, like, burn or something?" I questioned, taking my knowledge from the vampire books I read
when I was younger.
He smiled and chuckled through a scratchy, tired voice, "No." I stared back at him, adoring his cute, boyish features. His hair was dark brown, it was thick. I felt the need to run my fingers through it. It looked so soft and shiny... Why does this happen to me? Why do I have to be so fucking creepy?!
"Brendon," I started, "Do you ever wonder what it'd be like to be alive?" He nodded absentmindedly.
"All the time.." He said softly, "If I was ever given the chance to be alive, I'd want my skin to be warm, not dead cold like it is... Just so people would want me to hold them, and I'd want my lips to be warm too.." He thought outloud, as he continued his words became painful with hurt. "The worst thing though, is that some people think we're monsters."
"I dont think your a monster.." I whispered, we stared at eachother in silence for a moment, "You couldnt be a monster if you
wanted... Your too cute." I broke the silence, and he chuckled at me. "You know, I dont mind that your skin is so cold... My skins cold
too..." I told him, "Its not so great being alive.."
He looked at me, surprised, "How?"
"I know Im going to die someday." I told him, "I dont want to die." He looked at me in pain of the thought of me dying, of me being scared.
"I dont want to talk about you dying.." He muttered, I felt almost offended, but I knew it made him hurt, "I dont want her to leave me.." He muttered to himself, thinking I didnt hear.
"Brendon," I started, "You know how you said that thing about how you wanted people to want you to hold them." He looked at me attentively, "I want you to hold me..." I cuddled up against him, resting my head against his cold, bare chest, "You dont have to be warm for people to want you.." He swallowed nervously.
"I have to go.." He slipped away from me frantically and pulled on his clothes, I sat up and winced at him trying to think of what I said or did wrong. I pouted at him, upset
at myself, after he'd gotten his clothes on he spotted me and winced, then stumbled to me until the tip of his nose was almost touching mine, he was studying my expression, "Whats wrong?" He frowned at me pleadingly.
"Why are you leaving?" I stared at him, still pouting, "What did I do? Did I say something wrong?" I questioned, demanding to know.
"No, no.. You couldnt have done anything at all to upset me." He smiled weakly, reassuring me, "I just... my... my self control." He choked out, I tilted my head, "I just.. I haveto go, I need to take care of something.." He whispered to me, "I'll come back later, I promise you." He quickly pressed his lips against mine, then pulled himself away from me and fled out of my apartment.

I was listening to my old CD's I'd gotten from my father when I was younger while sitting up against my living room wall, "Journey? Really?" I turned and saw
Brendon perched in my window, he smiled, "I love Journey." He climbed in, and tackled me into a hug, "I want to bring you home... To where I live with the rest of the guys.. If you want to go.." He pulled back and looked at me.
"Sure, I dont see why not.." I shrugged, he grinned excitedly. He's so excitable, its adorable. He's like a puppy, following me home last night and cuddling me and, well, licking me.
"Lets go." He stood up, pulling me off of the floor with him and leading me to the window.
"Out the window? Seriously?" I laughed, he nodded vigorously.
"Yeah," He said, and climbed out, then helped me out.

We walked into a large, dark, abandoned mansion. "You seriously live here?" I questioned quietly as my eyes explored the house.
"Its nicer then it looks, believe me." He chuckled, I followed him up to a door and he inserted a key, unlocking it then pulling me in with him, closing the door behind us. I -
looked, he was right, it was nicer then I thought. A head popped out from a doorway, it was Patrick.
"Okay, so thats what you meant when you said you had to go out to get something.." He laughed and grinned, I smiled.
"Did you bring food?" I heard Pete ask out from the kitchen, Brendon chuckled and his hand laced with mine and led me into the kitchen, where everyone was. Everyones eyes locked onto me, and Pete winced at us, "I didnt mean that kind of food!" He pointed out, loudly, everyone laughed.
"Dude! What is with you and this girl!" Ryan laughed out happily, smiling at me.
"Jealous." Brendon hissed, smirking at Ryan, he was showing me off now, how cute.
"Im huuuuuuungryyyy." Spencer whined childishly, "Can we order a pizza or something? Or make Jon go out to get us food or something?" Jon squinted at Spencer, and Spencer smirked back. They were all just like normal boys, how could anyone ever think these guys are monsters?
"I can go out to get you guys some food.." I offered, they all looked at me, lighting up at my words.
"Yes, please." Andy cried out, I giggled.
"Dont forget to take Brendon with you.." Pete smirked and him and Patrick pushed us out, closing the door behind us.
"... I think they just want to get rid of us." I laughed, Brendon looked over at me.
"No, they just dont want me showing you off." He laughed, smiling at me warmly. He started walking and I followed after him, we went and got the food, and when we returned to their house, they all stumbled to get at the food, it was pretty funny actually. I sat and listened while Patrick explained how they all met.
"... So, you, Andy and Joe arent vampires?" I winced in surprise, Patrick shook his head.
"No, we're hunters." Makes sense, they arent cold and pale like the others, "A few weeks ago, after we'd recruted Jon, Spencer and Ryan, we got into a fight with the
dandies, and Brendon was one of them. He was sick of it, and he didnt want to hurt anyone, so he escaped from them and fought on our side... He was Williams right hand man, so if he tried, Brendon could kill you in seconds with one bite.. well, if he wanted to." He explained, "In your case, the only reason he would want to bite you is for.. well, love and lust. Biting is defensive, and I guess, also affectionate. I know, its a weird mix, but thats how it goes." He shrugged, and I glanced over at Brendon who was sitting away with Ryan and Spencer, while Jon, Andy and Joe were digging through the bags of food, Pete and Patrick sat with me.
I turned my attention back to them, "So... If you guys arent vampires, why do you hide out here?"
"Well, the Dandies know who we are, and if we lived nomally, they'd have any chance to kill us." Patrick said, Pete nodded vigorously in agreement.
"You have to be careful around Brendon though," Pete started, I winced at him, "He doesnt want to hurt you, hell thats probably the last thing on his list... But, like Patrick said last night, love and.. passionate gestures can cause bloodlust, even if he is treated with the remedy, that remedy wears off after a few hours, so he cant stay out long."
"That explains why he ran out of my house this morning," I sighed, "All he said was something about self control and that he had to take care of something."
"... He needed the drink, you know, the remedy." Patrick whispered, "I guess it just goes to show you, thats what you do to him." He chuckled.
"Okay, so wait," I started, "Biting is... affectionate, and bloodlust is triggered by..."
"Anything with genuine passion, well, as long as the feeling is mutual, but most likely if he's in love." Pete explained, "The more his love grows for a girl, the more he hungersfor her blood.. and he loses his self control, so he becomes blinded by love."
"Has this happened before?" I asked them, they looked at eachother, then at me.
"Well, before, you know, when he was a dandie," Pete started, "He'd lure girls into a 'false sense of security' and then bite them when they were most vulnerable.."
"Which was.. when?" I asked, he turned away, embarassed, not sure if he should continue.
"... Intimate moments." Patrick told me quietly, "Not exactly when they were.. well, you know. Just when they were close and well... when the girl was in love."
"So, he was... a heartbreaker?" I tilted my head, this wasnt so surprising, he was stunning, he'd most likely be able to get any girl he wanted.
"Basicly, yes. Thats a dandie for you, he was one of the strongest. Brendons advantage was that he can be a romantic when he wants to, making girls fall for him." Patrick said, "Then he got soft and started wanting something more then just.. well, sex and blood."
"He wanted love." Pete whispered, "And then, you know, he started getting more involved and interested in the human world, your world. At night, he'd disappear and go into town, all he ever told us was he was going out." Pete told me, "Though, most nights he'd come back looking disappointed, and when we asked him what was wrong, all he'd say was "she wasnt there."" His words turned into whispers, like it was a secret, "His interest in humans just got bigger, he wants to be alive."
"He wanted to have someone to fight for, he wanted to know why he was here. He thinks he's here to protect someone, he likes to believe he's here to protect humans."
Patrick told me, "Thats the reason he came and fought with us, and also because, like I said before, he doesnt want to hurt anyone."
"He's basicly harmless besides his hunger for blood," Pete chuckled, "Especially with people like you, who have that affect on him... But, your basicly the only one we've
come across." He sighed, "I guess you can kind of put him in his place."
"Personally, I think its because he's in love with you." Patrick whispered, I winced, "I think your the girl he went out to see every night..."
"... Maybe I should talk to him about this.." I trailed off, "I want to ask him.." I glanced over at Brendon.
"So, ask." Pete shrugged, "He most likely wont mind, it is you.. after all." I bit the inside of my lip softly, deciding when would be the best time.