Status: Finished.

You Really Aren't Just Last Nights Dream, Are You?

Seven.

I heard someone banging on my apartment door anxiously, when I opened it, I saw Patrick, and he instantly brushed past me into my apartment, "Is your neck better?" He
asked me after I closed the door, I winced at him and nodded. Then, everything went silent for a few minutes, then he caved, "We need you to come back.." He begged.
I frowned, "Why should I do that? Brendon doesnt want me near him." I hissed, my heart was still in pain from the neglect Brendon had put me through the last time I saw him, but that was a month ago, so why am I still hurting?
"Dont be so sure.." Patrick muttered, "... He doesnt do anything anymore! He's like a corpse! He just lays around in the attic!" I tried not to cave in.
"He told me I had to leave and stay away, so Im just doing as he said." I crossed my arms and Patrick glared at me.
"Do you actually believe it when you say he doesnt need you?" He glared at me, awaiting my answer.
"... Is this why you came? Because your Brendons little messanger or something?!" I yelled.
"... Brendon didnt send me... I came on my own.." He said quietly, frightened off by my tone, "Me and the guys think you need to come back... For Brendons sake, andours." He said, "Your our friend, and we care about you... And Brendons dying without you.. Its obvious he regrets sending you off, I dont even know if he thinks it was the best thing to do anymore." He explained, then he went silent, "He's worrying about you... He doesnt know where you've gone, and he doesnt want to come here because he's scared that you'll yell at him... or that you've moved on to someone else.."
"... Is he alright?" I asked, too much concern was apparent in my voice when I said that.
"No, he's not. Please, will you just come see him... Even if its just a visit." Patrick begged, I surrendered to my heart and sighed, then nodded.

Patrick knocked on Brendons door, "Brendon, can I come in?" Patrick asked out. There was silence. Patrick opened the door slowly and I slid in. I saw him sitting at the
edge of his bed, looking out the window, and crept over quietly, making myself unheard. I crawled onto the bed, and crawled up behind him then slid my arms around hisneck loosely, hugging his neck.
"Im sorry.." He whispered then went silent again, "... I... I didnt think it would hurt this much.."
"Didnt think what would hurt this much?" I whispered back.
"Pushing you away from me... I need you.." He choked sadly.
"... Let me look at you.." I told him, waiting for his approval. He turned around, having him so close to me again made my heart jump. I stared at him and at the sight of mehis eyes lit up, he stared at me, taking me in. He took hold of my hands, holding mine up with his, lacing our fingers together, palm-to-palm.
"I feel like my heart is dancing..." He chuckled under his breath, and I giggled quietly. I leaned in and planted a kiss on his jawline, he froze nervously, I kissed lower and lower, down to his neck, massaging his shoulder softly with my hand, "Kat.." He whimpered quietly, "Dont do this to me... Your going to tempt me.."
"I trust you.." I whispered, then locked my lips onto his and began kissing him, he played along, returning the kissing, because he knew thats what I wanted. He moaned,
pulling his lips from mine and looking at me. I pulled off my shirt and forced my lips against his, he pulled his lips away from mine again and stared at me, all of me.
He swallowed hard, "What are you doing?" He choked.
"I just took off my shirt..." I whispered, he continued staring.
He looked at me sadly, struggling to hold himself back, "Please, put your shirt back on. Your going to tempt me even more... I cant do this.." He whispered, I pouted at him and he took my shirt and held it up to my chest and looked at me pleadingly, "Please." I couldnt say no, I took my shirt and slid it back on.
"Im going to see what the guys are doing." I muttered, getting up off of the bed and walking out.
I walked into where all of the guys were sitting around, "Wheres Brendon?" Patrick asked and they all stared at me blankly as I sat down in the armchair.
"Hes upstairs." I told them, trying to sound normal.
"I've been looking at a book that the Doctor gave me," He started, "Brendons eyes can change other colors then just silver, but its all for different things."
All I could say was "Okay."
"Are his eyes silver now?" Joe asked and I shook my head, "... Did you try to.. make them go silver?"
I hesitated, "... Yeah, but they didnt change..." The room went silent, "Im gonna go home." I stood up and walked out before anyone could say anything.
I walked down the street, "These streets get dangerous at night." I heard a voice say, he was repeating the words Brendon had said to me on that night with the run in
with the to vampires, "Shouldnt you be with Brendon?" I stopped.
"Who are you?" I asked, "What do you want?"
"Oh calm down, darling," The voice laughed, "Im just your friendly, neighbourhood vampire." A figure fell from above infront of me, making me jump, he smiled, "Im Gabe, pleasure to finally meet you, Miss." He wasnt familiar, I'd never seen him before, "Im not going to hurt you, but, I need you to come with me."
I glared at him, "No."
He frowned and grabbed me by my arm, "Your coming with me." He pulled me with him, and before I knew it, I was sitting on the floor in a house in the forest, "I know
what your thinking, and the answer is no. Im not a dandie." He told me, "I just know how valuable you are. Everyones trying to get their hands on you, and now I know why."
He smiled, "Your a pretty little thing, arent you?" He tipped my chin up and I turned away quickly, rejecting him, "Oh, and you've got attitude. Look, girly. Im not going to hurt
you, how many times do you want me to tell you that?"
"Why should I trust you?" I snapped, and he smiled.
"Because, Brendon trusts me." He whispered to me.
"What do you need with me anyway?" I asked.
"You'll find out soon enough."

I woke up on the floor where I'd been sitting last night, "Your awake." He said, and I saw him smiling at me. I pushed myself up off of the floor and stood up, trying to gain
my balance, "Your a late sleeper, arent you Sweetheart?" He laughed, "Are you ready for our little trip?" I winced at him and he grabbed me, pulling me with him.
We walked through the forest, him pulling me along by my forearm, "When we get to our destination, I need you to play along." He told me, "I promise you will not get hurt,
it may seem like it, but I promise. I've made a deal with William that if I brought you to him, he'd give me something."
"What!?" I yelped, "Hell no! Im not going to that freak! He'll kill me!"
"I said, I promise you wont get hurt." He yelled back, "After I get my payment, I'll call Brendon and the others to come to your rescue. Brendon loves you, he cant refuse. He'd let himself die if that meant for you to be left unharmed." I swallowed the lump in my throat as we reached the hilltop and looked out onto the abandoned factory, the
dandie hideout, "Your touch can burn any vampire if you focus. If they try to hurt you, burn them. It can kill vampires if they're badly burnt enough." He pulled me along with him, down the hill and straight into the factory. As we passed through the large hallway, dandies stared at us, but kept their distance. We pushed through a door, and I saw William turned, with his back to us. When we stopped walking he turned and smiled at us.
"Gabriel." He said, "I didnt think you'd succeed."
"Yeah, well, here she is." Gabe said, "Now where is it?" William handed him a small velvet bag.
"Now, leave me to talk to the girl." William ordered and Gabe left, giving me a reassuring look as he brushed past me, "Miss Kat," He smiled, "Where's your pretty little vampire, Brendon, now?" I glared at him, keeping myself from saying anything I'd regret, "No one can save you now, Darling. And once he finds out that I have you prisoner, his heart will ache. And when he see's you with me, it will break. Then, he will turn savage in betrayal, and return to the dandies. But, I must thank you, you were after all, stupid enough to go out on your own."
"Would you like me to escort her to her quarters now, Sir?" A vampire asked, William nodded and the vampire grabbed me and took me to a room, locking me inside. I
was in that room for hours on end before William came in and stole me away.
"What have you done?" He hissed, pulling me along.
"What do you mean?" I asked, scared.
"I've been betrayed, damn Gabriel." He hissed to himself and we stopped at the top of a staircase. At the bottom, I could see the guys, and Gabe, surrounded by dandies.
Brendon stared at me longingly, sadness filling his eyes, along with anger, "Theres your loverboy, Tramp." He hissed at me and pulled me down the stairs, Brendon couldnt say anything, he looked frozen, and his eyes were red, he was staring at me, "You've ruined my plan." William hissed at me and Gabe, "Your going to pay. Boys, take them to the chambers. I've made new plans."
He locked me back in my room, and then I heard the knob turn, Brendon slid in and stared at me, "Brendon." I gasped quietly and went to hug him, he rejected me, pushing me away in hurt.
"I cant love you anymore." He said, brushing past me, my heart cracked, "You dont love me. You've chosen him, not me."
"Brendon," I choked, "What are you talking about?" He turned, then tackled me and pinned me against the wall violently. We stared at eachother, he was looking at me in
sadness and betrayal, "Brendon.." I moaned in pain.
"You broke me." He cried, "You didnt just break my heart, you broke me." His eyes were red and shiny, "How could you do this to me?"
I stared at him, almost to the point where I could burst out in tears, "I love you." I whispered and he froze.
"How can you say that." He whispered back sadly, staring at me, "After you've put me through all of this, after you've made your decision, how do you even think you can say that to me?"
"I dont know whats going on," I whispered, "Why dont you believe me?"
"Because you chose him!" He cried out loudly, "I have to kill you! I wont let myself see you with him!"
"Brendon!" I cried back, "Please! I dont know what your talking about!"
"You love William!" He yelled, "Why would you lead me on this whole time if you loved him! If you really cared for me, you'd of told me the truth!"
"I dont love him!" I defended, "I dont know what they've told you, but I dont love him! They're lying to you!" I cried, he fought off tears and put his teeth to my neck, "Fine,
bite me. Just get it over with." I whispered, "I'd rather be dead, I'd rather be a vampire, I'd rather do anything then to have to live with you thinking I dont love you." Tears
streamed down my cheeks, "Im not afraid of death anymore. I want you to kill me, I want you to taste me and I hope the taste never leaves your mouth!"
"... Your not afraid." He whispered onto my neck, "Your not afraid of me." He pulled his head away from me and stared at me sadly, his eyes were brown again, "Please, help me. He wants me to kill you." He choked out in a whisper, "Its not me. He's controlling me." Then he fled from the room. I slid down the wall, straight to the floor in fear and stayed there, afraid to move. I have to leave this room, I have to go get the guys, they can help me. If I run into any vampires, I can burn them. I crept out of the room quickly and made my way to the basement.
"Kat?" I heard a familiar voice ask, I turned and saw Patrick and the guys in a cell at the end of the hall, I ran to them, grabbing the key on the wall and fell to my kneesbeside the cell, "How did you get out?"
"Brendon," I choked, "They're controlling him, he... his eyes, they were red, and then, they were brown again and he told me they were controlling him, they want him to kill me, then he ran." I unlocked the cell and they all poured out, pulling me off of the ground.
"We have to find him," Pete said, he grabbed me by my wrist and we all ran out to the main hallway, "You've met Gabe, I see." He said, "He told you about your touch." I nodded and we pushed through a door and ran, then stopped when we were near the bottom of the stairs. Dandies appeared from every corner, and again, at the top of the stairs, stood William. This time, two vampires held Brendon back beside him.
"Bravo, Kat." William said, "You've somehow broken my spell on Brendon, I guess I underestimated you, now didnt I?" He held out a glove infront of him, and I thought back to what Brendon told me and Patrick about their strategies. 'When William drops the glove, they scatter and attack.'. We prepared ourselves to fight, and the glove fell to the floor. Dandies lunged at us, and I started running up the stairs.
"Kat!" Ryan screamed, "Dont be stupid!"
"You cant take William by yourself!" Spencer shouted out, they were both fighting off dandies. I continued running and when I got to the top, William disappeared and one of the dandies that held Brendon back attacked me, pushing me to the ground and pinning me down. His fangs grew and I put my hand on the side of his neck.
"Burn!" I yelled out angrily and my hand against his neck began to smoke, he hissed and pulled away from me, a horrible burn apparent on his neck. Brendon had taken
care of the other dandie, who was now laying on the ground, motionless. He pulled me off of the ground and was about to speak, but I stopped him, "We'll talk later." I ran away from him, down the stairs and tackled a dandie that was going for Joe, pinning him to the ground and burning him. I got up from the now motionless body.
"Kat!" Brendon yelled, and I turned to see a dandie pounce at me. He pinned my arms down so I couldnt move, and his fangs grew out and he went in for my neck. Brendon lunged at him, pushing him off of me and punching him repeatedly in the jaw, "Dont even ever think of touching her!" He yelled at him furiously, and all I could do was stare at him. Someone pulled me off the ground, and I looked up to see Jon. The dandie that Brendon had tackled wasnt moving anymore, so I assumed he was dead. Brendon sat beside the body, processing his actions in his mind. He was probably just as surprised as everyone else. His eyes flicked up at me in concern and he got up and stumbled over to me, "Are you alright?" He studied me worriedly.
"... Uhhuh." I said absent mindedly
"Good." He whispered, then quickly brushed past me and attacked another dandie to the ground. One of the other dandies was creeping over towards Pete, so I tackled him, jumping on his back and burning his neck, making him fall to the ground with me ontop of him. Pete winced down at me, shocked, and held out his hand for me. I took it and stood up. We all stood around, corpses of dead dandies laying around. I guess we were all kind of scared if one was gonna jump up and attack one of us, but we were sure they were all dead. I could feel Brendon standing at my side, "That was easier then expected." He sighed in relief.
"Yeah, for you." Ryan hissed, "You used to be one of them, you're stronger then us."
"... Well, he's right." Andy said, "It wasnt much of a fight, was it?"
"No, but Williams still alive." Pete muttered disappointedly.
"Well, lets find him." I said, Spencer shook his head.
"He's fled," He said, "He was never the bravest or unselfish vampire ever.."
We returned to the hideout, everyone feeling pretty proud of how the fight turned out, well, except for Brendon. I went and sat with him outside on the grass near the
hideout, "I almost killed you..." He choked.
"Brendon, its okay.." I reassured him, "Its not like you did..."
"But I could have.." He muttered, I rolled my eyes at him.
"Stop living in the what if's." I told him, "You'll never get anything done." He winced at me, "What?"
"You said stop 'living' in the what if's.." He whispered.
"So what?" I asked, "As far as Im concerned, you look pretty damn alive to me." He chuckled, then leaned in and wrapped his arms around me tightly.
"Dont leave me." He whispered to me, "... I need you."
"Brendo-"
"You are my life." I could feel his breath on my neck, "You make me feel like Im alive." I turned my head so my forehead was resting against his, I didnt even have to move
to get my lips to come in contact with his. My hand slid up his chest and rested on the side of his neck, and our lips broke apart, "I'll kill him." He muttered, "He tried to take
you away from me." I chuckled at him.
"Calm down," I whispered, "We'll cross that bridge when we come to it..." I stared at his bright eyes that flooded with silver. I smiled softly, our faces still almost touching, "I
missed you alot this whole month." I whispered to him, "You broke my heart when you sent me off." He frowned at me, I knew he was feeling guilty now. I leaned into his ear and he swallowed hard at the feeling of my breath in his ear, "So... you totally have to make it up to me right now." I kissed the back of his jawline, biting at it softly, making him moan under his breath.
His breathing was a little heavier, "... And how do you suppose I make it up to you?" He whispered suggestively.
I smiled to myself, "Let me show you." I grabbed his hand and stood up, pulling him with me when I ran off into the forest.