Status: Active.

It's Classy, Not Classic.

"Nice ass."

I was woken up by music blasting through my ears, making me jump from the place where I was laying in my bed. It took a second for me to remember that it wasn't summer vacation anymore, and I groaned at the fact I had to get up and get ready for my second day of freaking out in a place where I wasn't being easily accepted, or atleast it seemed that way. I peeked my eyes open, reading seven o' clock on the clock on my night table. I squeezed my eyes shut again and sighed before opening them and letting them adjust to the lack of light in my bedroom. I pushed myself up from my matress on the floor, the pathetic excuse for a bed that I slept on, and stepped over to the window, opening the blinds to have my eyes snap shut at the blinding morning light now flooding into my small first floor bedroom.
I went in for a shower and tried to spend as long as I could under the warm water before stepping out and drying off, doing my hair and changing into my usual black skinnies, and I pulled on a green tee with graphics of splattered paint on it. I sat on my floor, collecting my books and shoving them into my bag then pulled on my yellow converse and tied them up, hopping to my feet and shuffling out of my bedroom, loathing the day ahead. Now, you may be asking yourself why I loath school so much already. There are a few reasons, one being that I'm a total spaz and I get nervous and have panic attacks easily. The other being that my father and I had just moved here, to Jersey, so I couldn't have any of my friends go to the same school as me anyway, since they're all back in Canada in Toronto. My father got a transfer during the year, but decided to let me finish my last year before high school and graduate with my friends. I dreaded moving to New Jersey, and now that I was here there was no going back.
I grabbed a pop tart from the half empty box on the way out and locked the front door behind me, since my father was already gone off to work. I walked into the building and the halls were crowded once again, so i took in a sharp breath before I started shoving my way through to my locker. Once I got to it, I unlocked it and swung the door open, exchanging my books for the ones I'd need and all that jazz, taking my sweet time. Today was going to be worse then yesterday, I just had a feeling.
Lunch hour came quicker then expected, and I decided I'd go down the block to the plaza and get some pizza or something, since I'd brought my wallet with me. I kept my bag slung over my shoulder while I shuffled down the walkway toward the sidewalk from the school. My phone vibrated in my pocket and I sighed, slipping it out and looking at the screen of my dark purple phone, a keyboard perfect for texting which I loved. A smile spread over my lips weakly when I saw that it was Lena, my best friend from back in Toronto. I answered it and put the phone to my ear, "Lena!" I cried into it, and there was a small laugh from the other side.
"Hey Kat! My girl, whats up? How's school in Jersey?" She inquired quickly, one of her mild interogations that she always put people through, and my day brightened at the rememberance of it.
"It's... well, bad honestly." I sighed in confession, "I don't know anyone, and I haven't made any friends. Everyone gives me weird looks, because I'm in advanced english. All of the seniors terrify me, and one of them who's like, I don't know, partially goth actually spoke to me, so I bolted."
"Atleast you talked to someone!" She chirped, looking on the brightside like usual -- I was the negative one out of the both of us, and she was the positive. We balanced eachother out. "Maybe you should try to talk to him. Then atleast you'll have a friend, right? Plus, he's a senior. He's probably not that bad anyway. You're practically goth anyway." I made a squeak of objection, eyebrows furrowing and jaw dropping in offense, "It's not a bad thing, you know that! I'm just saying, he probably likes the same music and stuff as you, so you'd probably get along."
"How stereotypical can you get, Lenny?"
"I'm sorry, okay!" She yelped exasperatedly, "I'm just putting it out there!"
I giggled in amusement and she gave a small sigh, "How's everyone back home?" I inquired after a moment in a small voice.
"We all miss you so much!" She cried loudly in my ear, and it warmed my heart and made it ache at the same time, "Honestly, everyones so upset that you couldn't be here for our first year so we could be together. We miss you so much, girl."
"I miss you guys too, more then you'll ever know." I replied, my voice cracking a little in sadness. "Don't be too upset, okay? Or else I'll have to get on a plane and come back their to kick your asses."
"If being upset means you'll come back then I'll do just that."
"Ugh. Lena." I mumbled in a warning tone and she gave a deep sigh, giving up. "I've got to go. It's lunch, so I'm going to get something to eat."
"Alright, talk to you soon. Call me back later, please. And you know you can always talk to me or any of the others if you need to get something out of your system. Don't be scared to call any of us. We like hearing your voice!" She reminded me, and I gave a small laugh, staring down at the ground and watching my feet as I walked along down the sidewalk, smiling sheepishly down at the ground. "Try to visit soon, or else we'll try to visit you against your will!"
I gave a laugh and nodded even though she couldn't see, "Alright, I'll text you later. Later, Lenny." I rejoindered, and she gave me a goodbye before I hung up and slipped my phone back into the front pocket of my tight jeans. I glanced around casually while I walked into the grounds of the plaza, trying to take in the small sets of scenery around me before I spotted the black haired boy, another cigarette in hand with his free hand slipped into his front pocket. He was facing away from me a little, looking at something curiously, and I stared at him for a moment. Lena could be right, he seemed like someone I'd get along with. Then again, he is a senior, and thats odd -- I mean, I had older friends at my other school, but that was typical, unlike here, and I was more social back home too. Atleast this guy was cute, and he wasn't a total dick that time I talked to him, either. Not to imply that I have some sort of weird crush on him or anything, but he is cute. I can appreciate that.
I snapped out of my weird daze, feeling a weirded out sensation filling my gut and I ducked my head a little, my face turning red and hoping no one saw me staring at him, urging my feet forward and continuing walking down the pathway. I walked right on past him, and his eyes flicked to me automatically, watching me walk by with his curious eyes yet again. My pace sped up the tiniest bit and he gave a dark, amused chuckle, "Nice ass." He commented after me, his voice louder so I could hear him, and my feet instantly skidded to a stop midstep in shock, slowly turning halfway to be met with his devious smirk, eyes smirking themselves right at me before he gave another laugh.
I froze, searching for a clever response, and he just laughed at me again, taking a smaller drag of his cigarette and exhaling a tiny cloud of smoke that erupted from his thin, neutral coloured lips. I opened my mouth to reply finally, not thinking of anything to say, but that was no problem because nothing came out anyway. "Cute." He commented again, taking one last long puff of his cigarette before flicking it to the ground and crushing it underneath his foot. "I'll see you later, niney." He simpered, before shoving his hands in the pockets of his black hoodie and walking off casually in the other direction. I stood there for a moment, sending a weird, stunned look right after him as he continued on his walk away from me before I managed to turn myself back around, making another weird face at myself while my eyes randomly trailed across the floor until I began walking again.