Status: Active.

It's Classy, Not Classic.

Stranded on Contrite St.

Frank was my light in New Jersey, my light that I truly never wanted to leave, and this year he'd managed to lighten up my Christmas more then anyone has in such a long, miserable time. This years Christmas was one that I would truly never forget, having spent it with my father and Frank, and it so closely trailed behind the Christmas' I had when I was a small child, the Christmas' I had experienced when my mother was still alive and with us. Of course I would never settle for a replacement of my mother, because no one could ever truly replace her. Would never let anyone truly replace my mother, wouldn't even in my life call another person "mom" without first putting up a fight. Frank, though, seemed to be patching up that hole in my heart rather well, the hole my mothers death had left, and he wasn't patching it up as a mother, of course, but as a lover.
Though, evidently having said that I would never let a soul replace my mother, you'd easily imagine the outrage, shock and utter tornado of feelings I felt when my father sat me down and told me had to talk to me about something a little while after having had dinner. He sat me down on the couch in the living room of our small house, taking his seat beside me and shifting his body towards me as I'd already done, taking my hands and giving me a reassuring, yet somehow apologetic smile. My face only etched with confusion. "What's wrong, Pa?"
"This isn't easy for me to say, and you should know this." He sighed to me, eyes closing for a second in a sort of last minute contemplation, "You know how much I loved your mother, and how much I still do. I always will, but... I need someone to... help me through this-" I opened my mouth to speak, eyebrows already furrowed because I assumed where he was getting at, and before I could say anything, he'd already started to speak, "Romantically."
Thats what confirmed my assumption, and my eyebrows furrowed deeper, my face contorting in a sort of betrayal and outrage. He could tell I was already upset. "You're replacing mom?" I growled at him, a little more viciously then intended, and his face etched with pain, because it was so clear I was upset with him now.
"No, honey. You know no one could ever replace your mother." He told me, trying to insert his input, trying to make me see it from his eyes. I knew I couldn't ask my father to be alone for the rest of his life, to not have someone to kiss and hold, but I couldn't even imagine him with anyone else other then my mother. "I met a woman, and I wanted you to know. Because I have feelings for her, and if you could just give her a chance I think you'll really like her-"
"I- No. No, no, no." I choked out, yanking my hands away from my fathers, "No. No. Leave me alone." I hissed at him, jumping up from the couch and bolting out of the room, out the front door, slamming it behind me and running off before I could lash out angrily at my father. I wasn't in the mood for fighting with my father, wasn't in the mood for discussing a sorry excuse for a mother with him. So, instead of arguing with him, I ran to wherever my feet would take me.
Soon enough, it was getting dark out and I was, as much as I hate to say it, lost. Not to mention cold and shivering, teeth chattering like crazy. Looking around me was only a confirmation that I was nowhere that was familiar to me, and the place I was stranded didn't exactly seem to be the safest place. Something in my gut was telling me I was in the part of town Frank hadn't wanted me to see. Dark alleys everywhere, the streets dreary and dangerous looking, and in the distance a vicious dog barked angrily and howled to the moon.
When I called Frank, too, when I told him the name of the street I was stranded on, he seemed nervous himself and worried, but luckily it didn't take too long for him to get there, because soon enough I saw his car driving up, the headlights glowing brightly in the dark. He pulled up beside me and I rushed into the warmth of the car quickly, slamming and locking the door behind me, and as soon as I turned my head to him, his hands had grabbed either side of my face and he'd crushed his lips against mine, but only for a few seconds. Once he'd pulled away he gave a deep breath of relief, "Are you alright? You haven't gotten yourself hurt or anything, right? No one tried to rape you or drug you or-"
"No, no, I'm fine." I interrupted Frank in a squeaky voice, reassuring him urgently and laughing slightly, because it was just so cute how worried he was. It didn't matter how much of a troublemaker he was, or how much mischief he'd caused, he apparently had some sort of soft spot for me, a vulnerability.
He gave a sigh of relief before his eyebrows furrowed slightly and he brushed his thumbs across my cheekbones, one corner of his mouth curling down, "You're so cold." He sighed again, "What were you thinking? Why did you come out here, babe?"
I shut my eyes and sighed back at him, opening my eyes again a moment later, "My dads trying to find a replacement for my mother, and he found this woman and he wants me to give her a chance and I just really dont want to talk about this right now Frank. I walked out on him so I wouldnt have to."
"Alright, alright, I'm not going to force you into talking to me about it. You just need... something to take your mind off of it." He nodded a little, taking his hands away and taking the car out of park, driving us off. Just needed something to take my mind off of it.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I decided to post today because I made you wait like, what, two weeks for that last update?
School was let out last Tuesday [ not yesterday, haha ], so I'm all free for writing. I'm going out to the mall today with three of my friends, so I'll give you this, and while I'm out I'll clear my mind. I always think of ideas when Im out and about, from what I see and stuff. Ideas just randomly pop into my head when Im not even thinking about it, and usually they're ideas that I really like and that will fit into the current story Im writing. I try to fit as many of them in as possible.
I feel like I've lost people who comment, haha.
Because I used to atleast get like six or seven people commenting, and usually it was almost right after I posted the chapter. Now I only have about four or so of those people commenting.
Keep in mind I'm writing this for YOU, so YOU have to tell me what YOU think and share YOUR opinions on the story.
I'm not going to lie, I love getting comments when people tell me what they really like about the story, I love to get comments that are specific about what the people love/hate or would change about the story. I'd also love for people to share ideas, too, that would be cool, and your idea might even be added to the story! :D
Pleeeaaassseee, cooommmmeeentttt!
[[ Comment&Subscribe ]] :D!

I <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 ALL OF U!
Or, as Alex Gaskarth would say; "I just want to kiss you. God, you look at you all. I just want to line you all up and go down the line and kiss each and every one of you."
I'll do it. Tell me the time and place. ;D

-XOXOkat.