Status: Active.

It's Classy, Not Classic.

The Bet.

I was laying around on the couch in my family room that night, watching television in the dimmed lighting from the lamp on the end table beside the couch, eating barbeque flavoured chips and licking the flavouring off of my fingers like a little kid. Mine and my Pa's house wasn't that big to be honest, it was only one floor, a bungalo, but it was fairly nice for homing two people. It was comfortable, and it reminded me of Toronto and everyone back home. My room was the most comfortable out of the whole house, though, because one of my entire walls was fully covered with pictures -- photography done by one of my friends, photos of my friends and I, drawings and funny doodles we'd done in class, all sorts of things. That wall was like the scrapbook of my life so far.
My room was small, too, and my bed was only a queen sized matress on the floor pushed into the corner beside the single window -- since I liked having my bed low to the ground -- and it took up most of the space on the hardwood floor, the walls all painted darker red. There was a stereo at the foot of my matress and a low shelf stocked with CD's and books. I had a dresser on the opposite side of the window my bed was beside and beside that dresser was a closet and then a small sqare hallway and the door, and as my night table I had a small box filled with a few knick knacks and such. I loved it, it reminded me of my old bedroom.
The front door opened and shut, and my father called out that he was home, a minute or two later appearing in the doorway of the family room, "Hey, Pa." I greeted, sitting up on the couch and looking at him over the back of it, bag of chips still in my lap. "I ordered a pizza for dinner, it's on the kitchen table."
"I'm sorry I'm so late, kitten." He sighed, rubbing the top of his head, "I had to work late tonight."
"It's fine, Pa, I just watched a bit of television and got my homework done and all." I shrugged, giving a reassuring, carefree smile that was yet another thing that so fondly reminded me of home. He gave me a smile and walked off, loosening the tie he was wearing, and I jumped up onto my feet on the couch and hopped over the back of the couch, following after him quickly.
"Hows school going?" He asked me as we walked into the kitchen, and I sighed, shutting my eyes for a second and trying to think of an answer.
"Fine. I guess." I replied, opening my eyes again, and he gave me a questioning look, "I don't really know anyone." I murmured to him, and he gave an apologetic look.
"I'm sorry we had to move, honey." My father apologized, "But, we needed this to get along."
"I know, I know. It's alright." I assured him, or atleast trying to, "I'm just glad you let me finish and graduate with my friends."
He smiled weakly, "Do you really not have any friends yet?"
"Sheesh Dad, okay! I know I'm a lamoid, I don't need my own father thinking it too!" I teased, flailing my arms in the air exaggerratedly, and he gave a small laugh before I calmed down, "Well, I do know one guy. But, he's not really my friend, and he's a senior-"
"What?" He emphasized, and I laughed at him, "I don't want you getting all involved with boys already-"
"Dad, seriously, calm down. I barely even know him -- I thought you wanted me to have friends?"
"I do... I do."
"Okay, well then trust me that I'm not going to be an idiot." I giggled softly, "His names Frank. He gave me a ride home today."
"Oh. Well, that's nice. Atleast he didn't abduct you."
"Dad!" I cried, and he burst into a small fit of laughter, in which I rolled my eyes and sighed, smiling and laughing along anyway. My father was immature -- mostly because he was still so young. Him and my mother were young when they had me, about nineteen or twenty. My mother died a few years ago from a terrible case of pneumonia, and I literally became an emotional wreck after it. That's one of the reasons I get so panicky -- I'm a mess, honestly.
I went to get ready for bed, washing my face of the eyeliner and mascara I was wearing and the small amount of concealer, dressed in black sweat pants and a blue tee shirt, I shuffled back to my bedroom and checked my phone to see one new text message from one of my friends from back home -- Chase. It read; Lenny told me you two talked last week, and I lost my phone and just found it this morning so I thought I'd text you and see how everythings going in Jersey. Whats shakin', Katty? Or atleast something along those lines. Anyway, I decided to give him a call, because I knew he'd pick up no matter how late it was. I clicked on his number and I listened to it ring, collapsing down onto my matress, giving out a tired sigh.
He picked up, thankfully, "Hey, Chasey." I greeted into the phone, smiling a little when he exclaimed my name in an excited way.
"Babe, whats up? How's highschool going?" He asked me quickly, and I shrugged to myself.
"It's fine. I guess."
"Lenny told me about you're little senior friend." He told me suggestively and I rolled my eyes, because it was just so typical of her to blab to him and for him to suspect something, "Did you find out his name?"
"Yeah. It's Frank." I answered, "He gave me a drive home today."
"Oh!" He dragged it out in an exaggerrated way, most likely implying dirty things in his mind, which only made me laugh.
"You're such a man whore." I commented and he laughed at it.
"Only for you, chickypoo." He rejoindered cheesily and I smiled, rolling my eyes yet again in a playful way even though he couldn't tell or see. "Gah. I miss your face already."
"Thats weird."
"You don't miss my face?"
"I do."
"So why didn't you say so!" He complained in a whiny voice and I couldn't help but laugh hard at the feminine whine he made, because when I'm homesick anything that reminds me of that place is hilarious in a depressing sort of way.
"I miss you too, alot." I sighed, coming down from my massive hysterics.
"I know you do," He chuckled cockily and I gave a giggle, "So, guess what."
"Hm?"
"All of us have made this little bet." He started, and I gave him silence as an initiative to continue, "It's this bet... to... uh, get laid by the end of the school year." My jaw dropped, and I was about to speak before he cut me off, interrupting any thoughts I could express aloud, "Not all of us are in on it! ... Just me, Tyler, Noah, Diana and Lenny-"
"Lenny's in on this!?" I yelped, "Why didn't she tell me!?"
I could almost feel him shrug from the other side of the phone while he said, "I d'know." And there was a small pause, "Do you plan on losing your precious virginity?"
"I wasn't planning on it at all really." I responded, and he made a hm noise.
"Are you gonna get in on the action of this bet?" He inquired, and I gave a laugh as if it were absurd.
"No thanks, I think I'll just pass on that."