Status: Active

The Darkest Shade of Love

Redemption

Ivyee opened her eyes and took a sharp breath. She looked around her in wonder and then anger crowded her thoughts.

"Nyx De Luca…. How could you do this to me!?"

Nyx straightened his posture and spoke defensively, yet lovingly, "Ivyee, Ivyee, Don't you see? Forever isn't a lie anymore. We can be together…."

The anger on her face stopped him short. He couldn't take the pain in her eyes. He slowly stepped away from her. He stepped toward the window. On the ledge, in a voice full of pain, he whispered, "We could be perfect. We could have been perfect."

Ivyee let him leave. She obviously meant nothing to him if he had not obeyed her wishes. She felt the dark sleep begin to tug at her. She knew she had to find a place to wait out the day. She would decide what she needed to do tomorrow night. The last image in her head was of Nyx's face as he jumped out the window.

What she awoke the next night, she shivered at what she now was. Pain attacked her stomach. She knew it had to be her need for blood. She couldn't do this alone. A realization hit her. Nyx has done this out of love. And she loved him too. He did not want her to die. He had known she had not really wanted to die. A thought took her to him. He was standing over a girl, about to drain her life.

"Nyx…" Ivyee whispered.

Nyx's head jerked up and he dropped the girl, "Ivyee?"

Ivyee nodded and stepped closer to him. He took her in his arms and stared into her eyes.

"Have you come back?"

"I have," Ivyee said and put her lips to his.

Nyx pulled away and smiled.

"We could be still be perfect," Ivyee whispered.

At her words Nyx whisked her off to teach her the ways of his world. Her words resounded in his head.

We could still be perfect…
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think? Please leave some comments so I know how to improve.
Thanks, Bri