Caught in a Bad Romance

Prologue

Castiel caught the basketball that was thrown to him by Emmanuel before he reaches out and used his angelic power to throw the ball through the hoop.

"Come on Castiel! That should be a foul!" Nathanael cried out in annoyance. "No using of power during a game."

Castiel grinned and shook his head as the ball magically flew back to his hands.

"I don't remember hearing you complain when you used your power to throw the ball into the hoop," he answered.

"Castiel," a heavenly voice called out to him and he heard whispers from the other angels around him.

That voice - only the archangels had voices that beautiful and melodic.

He forced himself to turn around to see one of the archangels, Gabriel standing before him.

Gabriel was even more beautiful face-to-face. His face glowed with radiance, his wings are as white as the clouds and his halo, they were shining like the stars.

Star-strucked, Castiel walked towards the archangel with his eyes on the clouds.

Gabriel reached out to him and before he knew it, they were inside The Room.

The Room is actually a room where all the high and mighty angels come together for meetings and such. It was the only place where other angels are not able to listen to the conversations brought up inside The Room.

Never did he step foot inside this room. He knew that angels who got to be in this room were given a special task.

"I assume you might have an idea or two of why you are here," Gabriel looked away and stared into space, his face expression calm and serene.

"Of course he knows why he's here," another voice - an impatient one - added.

Castiel jumped in shock as he turned around to see another one of the higher angels looking at him with pure distaste - Puriel.

He's heard of Puriel before.

She is the angel of punishment and usually the job always comes with the attitude. The other angels speak of her when she is not around. She is definitely one angel that no one would want to mess with.

"Patience,sweet Puriel," Gabriel gave a small smile before looking over at Castiel again.

"Your brothers and sisters have spoken and we have decided to hand you this one important task," with grace, Gabriel handed the angel a scroll.

"Everything," Gabriel emphasized the word, "Including Heaven and earth depends on this task."

Castiel stared at the scroll he had in his hand.

"But why me?" he wondered to himself and felt his brother's comforting hand over his shoulders.

"You are the most hardworking angel we know. You have never failed us before. And we know that you would always put our Father before yourself no matter the cost," Gabriel explained and started to pace gracefully around the room.

"I am honored," Castiel muttered softly before looking up at the archangel. "But what task did the others bestow unto me?"

"You are to protect two humans, Bethany Walsh and Dean Winchester," Puriel answered without waiting for Gabriel's answer.

Dean Winchester.

That name has been the gossip of the century - how he was going to be Michael's vessel for the Apocalypse against Lucifer.

"Make sure that no harm is to befall onto him. Michael needs his vessel all nice and buff," she added with a small cough.

"Bethany has a part in the Apocalypse and the others do not wish harm to befall onto her either," Gabriel said as he looked over at Puriel with a look and she kept quiet immediately.

"For now, find the vessel that will contain you for your long period of stay on earth," Gabriel instructed and stopped right in front of Castiel.

"How long do I have to stay on earth?" Castiel questioned.

He didn't want to leave his friends for so long but they were right. He is a loyal son to his Father. And he would do anything for his Father - even it if it meant staying on earth to protect two humans for a long period of time.

"Until the time is right," Gabriel said and placed both hands on his shoulder with comfort. "Fear not, brother. We will not only watch over you but we would come and visit."

Gabriel pulled away and smiled.

"It is time for you to find your vessel. Be safe, little brother," and with that, Gabriel leaned down to kiss Castiel's forehead.

It was a family-to-family kiss. And just like that, Castiel was out of The Room.

He turned around and headed to the stairs down to earth. It is time to do his part as a good son.
♠ ♠ ♠
My first ever slash story. I should be punished for even entertaining such thoughts. *slaps forehead in disbelief*

I know the good part's not in yet. *winkwink*
But hey, it's the prologue. I promise the story would get much more... sugar and spice.

But it all depends on the comments or subscribers I get. I don't want to continue a story if no one's interested.