Status: Working

Can't Let You Go

Hold Your Breath

I didn't want to make Claire uncomfortable, so I didn't talk to her until she talked to me.

"Nick," I said, calling his name down the hallway.

"Wow, you didn't forget about me," he said.

"I'm sorry," I said. Nick has been my best friend ever since we had both been really little.

"No, it's cool," he said. "So what happened to that Claire chick?"

"Nothing," I said. "I mean, we're still friends, but I don't want to make her uncomfortable."

He nodded. "You like her, don't you?"

I felt the blood rush to my face. "I-I I, uh..."

Nick laughed. "Yeah, I don't even know why I asked. It was obvious." Then he turned and walked off down the hallway, laughing to himself.

"Noah?" I turned, thrilled to see that it was Claire.

"Claire! Hi," I said.

"Have you been avoiding me now?"

"No! Claire, I would never do that!"

"Well, how can I be sure?"

"Last time I checked, you avoided me!"

"That's because I was mad at you!"

"Yeah- for something I didn't even do!"

"You know what, Noah? I can't do this right now."

I'm pretty proud of what I did here.

I grabbed her by her wrist and pulled her back to me. Then I leaned in and pressed my lips to hers. Claire melted. Literally. She fell forward into my arms. I broke the kiss to catch her.

"Claire?" I said, tenderly. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," she said dreamily.

"Are you sure?"

She nodded, a bubbly smile on her face. I gently brushed her bangs out of her eyes. Her cheeks reddened. I touched her cheek softly. She looked up at me, her lips parting slightly. I couldn't resist, I leaned in and kissed her again.

"Noah," she said with a smile.

"Yeah?" I said.

She smiled wider. "Thank you."

What was she thanking me for? She kissed my cheek and walked down the hallway.
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY! I like this chapter a lot. It's cute :) Do you like it, too?
~Tori