The Unexpected Friend

The Unexpected Friend

One day during the summer after graduation, there was person that seemed to be having everything going right for him in the world. He had just gotten the best job he could want, he had a girlfriend that he knew loved him more than he could imagine and was the center of his world, his best friend was always there for him, and the list goes.

All was well until one week when everything in his life broke down. First, he was laid off from his job after only a month of employment. He found out that his girlfriend had been doing stuff behind his back with his best friend for most of their relationship. His parents soon told him that he needed straighten up or he was going to have to find his own place.

For a while, it seemed that the entire world had turned its back on the boy. He fell into a sort of depression.

Then, one day a few months later, he decided that he was going attempt to run away from his problems. So, he gased up his car and started driving. He wasn't sure where he was going to run out of gas at or what would happen once he got there. If he did something stupid, he was sure nobody would notice.

As he was almost to the edge of town, a girl passed him and waved. The girl was somebody that he thought didn't pay much attention to him because she was part of the popular group and he wasn't. At that moment, a voice came to his head and said, "See, somebody does care." He made a u-turn and went home. Now, the boy is very successful in his faith and his life. Who knows what would have happened if the boy hadn't seen this unexpected friend that day.

You see, the boy in the story was me and the girl was you. Because of your random act of kindness, I'm still here and I'm happy. I just wanted to thank you for being that unexpected friend that you were to me years ago. Thank You.