Rebel Without a Cause

the-boy-who-just-won't-die

one. the-Boy-Who-Just-Won't-Die.

Lily Evans Potter could hear the conversation downstairs between Voldemort and her husband. Lily was crying; he had told her that she needed to run, but life without James? He had rudely invaded her life at age eleven, she was nineteen now...how could she do it without him? How could she abandon him? No, she would stand her ground.

A fateful shout of 'Avada Kedavra!' could be heard from downstairs, and Lily let out a noise that wasn't unlike the sound of a drowning cat. She heard him thumping up her stairs, and quickly looked back at her children. Her first-born was Harry, the poor baby. He had some damned prophecy made about him that was bringing this all about, and all he did was look up at her with those precious eyes, her eyes. They were vivid emerald green, a pure and true green. Harry could sense her fear, seemingly, as he gazed up at her, spit gurgling in the back of his throat. Lily fought to suppress her tears.

Her eyes flickered over to a small infant, about four and a half months old. Lily closed her eyes in horror of the thought that little Kathryn would never have a single memory of just how much she was loved. She got a good look at the girl, with her red fuzz that James called hair, and her light green eyes, that held flecks of brown. Lily knew she was going to die at the moment when he appeared in the nursery doorway. She would not, under any circumstances, let that poor excuse of a human being get anywhere close to her son.

"No, not Harry, please!" she begged, fruitless as the effort was, she felt she had to. Maybe there was a small bit of humanity left in this man, maybe she could spark it.

"Move aside, silly girl." He demanded, wand raised, voice impatient. "I only want the boy!"

"You can't have him!" Lily sobbed. "I won't let you!"

"Foolish girl, I said move aside! Take your little infant and go!" He was fed up, his wand pointed at the spot above her heart.

"NO! Not Harry!" Lily stood straight, the tears having stopped. The man's red slit eyes were narrowed more than usual, if it was possible, and he gritted his teeth. "Not my boy."

"AVADA KEDAVRA!"

Lily knew nothing more but the calming darkness that consumed her.

While the Wizarding World celebrated the defeat of Lord Voldemort, Albus Dumbledore made a decision that would alter the lives of the Potter children forever. Two precious children were placed on the front step of Number 4 Privet Drive, and nothing would ever be the same.
♠ ♠ ♠
Summary: Kathryn only wanted a couple of things out of life: to get away from the Dursleys, to do something memorable, to graduate...but more than anything? She just really wanted to be something other than 'Harry Potter's little sister.' These are her adventures. AU.

Disclaimer: I'm really JKR in disguise. I'm also Albert Einstein.