Status: Weekly updates every Thursday(:

Girl in Cinders

Two.

Without another fleeting glance towards me, Giselle and Leona had run off. Glad I'm loved, I thought to myself sarcastically. Somehow, part of me felt like this was going to be a bad day? Why? Because every single day is bad. I made the most of each one. Like today; the best thing about today is that some plane didn't crash into our house and kill the three other women in my home...scratch that, that would've been a good thing if it did. Well, on the bright side, the twins didn't do anything to me. Yet. God, if I had a chance to put them in their place, believe me, I would.

I sighed again, shaking my head; I needed to stop with so many negative thoughts. They messed almost everything up. I retreated from my spot, knowing that I looked like a total idiot standing there on my own. Oh well, no one paid any attention to me anymore. Once upon a time, I had friends. Then, my mom killed herself. And I started pushing people away, but some people stayed. Then, some years after that, my dad died. And once again, I pushed those that I had kept and made away, even further than the first time. I couldn't take being around them; now I wish I was stronger. Because now, I have no one to talk to. We used to be the best of friends, and now, it's like they look past me, like I'm not there, or like I'm a stranger. I was.

By this point, I had reached my locker. I spun the dial and when it opened, I let the things spill from my bag and dumped them into my locker. After that, I rearranged them until they looked semi-presentable, not that this action was even needed, for a number of reasons. When I had things put together well enough, I slipped my bag into the locker, only holding my binder which balanced my Calculus textbook. Wonderful. Just what I needed at the start of the day; a math class. Note the sarcasm. I was decent at it, but that didn't mean I was fond of it. Quite on the contrary; the only class I hated more than Calculus was Gym class.

Sighing once more, I clutched the items tightly to my chest as I maneuvered myself through the throng of teenage bodies, biting my lip nervously as I disappeared behind the nearest corner, walking up the flight of stairs. We had two floors, given that the school had a decent width to it, so it was big enough to fit the two thousand or so students. My middle school had about nine hundred, and we conjoined with the other middle school, so that was about two thousand students, since both had about nine hundred. Meaning, there were a lot of students, a lot of teachers, and not nearly enough supervision. You'd be amazed as to what the teachers don't see. Granted, we outnumbered them, but still.

I walked down the end of the hallway, taking a right, trying to ignore the massive flood of students up here, too. When I finally got myself to room 214C, Mrs. McClellan, I hauled my things to the center of the classroom, depositing my items on the ground under my desk as I settled myself, before picking them back up and setting them down on my desk. Already knowing the expectations, most of which, a majority of students ignored, I on the other hand, opened my binder and pulled out our homework, and the notes we had been taking. Notes in math? Stupid, but they worked.

I glanced up at the board. Page 362-365 it said. I opened the textbook, flipping to page 362 and thumbed through the rest of the pages we were going to cover today, skimming lightly through it. It seemed easy enough, for Calculus, that is. Which meant it was a hell of a lot harder than necessary. Apparently, because this was A.P. Calculus, we were supposed to be "challenged" which in Mrs. McClellan's words, it means that she was going to drill a bunch of boring math equations in our head and expected us to understand it right away.

BelleHell High School, this math program has got to be the most horrible thing you've ever come up with.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I totally BSed this and got it out before midnight, so it sucks. Sorry! And I changed a few minor things, nothing that affected the story majorly. But because I BSed it, I'll write two chapters to make you all happy. So this one was short for that very reason. I'm putting up another one after it.

Comment/Subscribe?