Status: Hiatus until I get my laptop back >.<

I'm Not Your Toy

Chapter Five

I told Jim everything, to the best of my abilities. I left out the sex part, and the drugs part, and the fact that I spent some time at the bar. I couldn’t leave those in. As I said, they all thought I was clean. But meeting Julia Miko part. Well, yeah, I kept that part in.

“You met Julia Miko? No you didn’t.”

“I did. That show I did last night, yeah – she was on it. I’m in her hotel room right now. She’s standing five feet away from me.”

“Yeah, okay Robert, you met her.” He didn’t sound convinced at all. She was really standing five feet away from me. Giving a “let’s get moving” look. I sank back onto the bed.

“I’m serious. She’s right here; I’m not lying. Oh, she looks angry too.” She pried the phone straight from my hands.

“Hi, this is Julia speaking for Robert. Who is this?” I couldn’t hear what Jim was saying anymore, but I’m guessing that it sounded as if he was in shock. “Jim. Hi Jim, how’s it going? Good. Well, since Robert missed his flight, I’ll have him home a little later than expected. We’ll be on the plane in about 4 hours. I’ll take good care of him. Thanks. Good bye.” She hung up on him and threw the phone back to me. “Good, everything’s set. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ll be packing up my stuff before we go get yours.

I watched her gather her clothes around the room. Her sweater was flung halfway across the room. My shirt was still in the corner. Last night’s details were kind of a blur now. To be honest, even if I wanted to tell Jim everything, I couldn’t. I just couldn’t remember it.

She picked up my shirt and threw it to me. “Well, come on. Get your clothes.” I got up off of the bed and picked my clothes up.

“Why are you doing this? You throw my drugs away, you give me a ride home, you get a drink with me. Half the people that like me are fed up with me right now.”

“Well, it’s a good thing I don’t like you.” She said as she zipped up her suitcase. “Let’s go.”

She checked out of the hotel as I hailed a cab. On the way to my room now. I was honestly scared. I knew my hotel room was clean, but I just couldn’t help thinking if something turned up. Would she think I was just a stupid druggie? Would she call the cops? Who knew.

Thankfully we were in and out of the hotel in a matter of minutes. My worries were eased when she didn’t go playing detective in my room. She didn’t find any hidden stash, because there wasn’t one. She threw it all away this morning. So, with no more drugs and a cab waiting outside, I threw my bags in the back as we headed for the plane we were hitching a ride on.

It was sort of unreal that I was going to be borrowing a plane from Parliament with Julia. I thought this as we got off at the airport. “No drugs, correct?” She said as she turned to me.

“No drugs, I swear.” I was serious this time. No drugs.

“Good, because if you’re caught with them, I don’t want to bail you out of jail.” She was just a stranger, and she’d be willing to bail me out of jail. Why was she being so….humane?

“Are you trying to be my guardian angel or something? If I’m caught with drugs, leave me in jail. I barely know you. You wouldn’t bail me out.”

“Well, like you said, you barely know me. You don’t know what I would do.”

She was amazing me every second. Especially with this borrowed plane of ours.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment. Rate. Appreciate.

Please and thanks?