Status: DONE.

Young Love Was Such Dumb Love

Mexico.

"How could you?!" Benny asked, screaming at the top of her lungs. She felt the heart ache radiating through her as if she had just ran for miles and miles. He stole her breathe in the worst way. She felt like she needed to cry, but no tears came. The pressure in her chest seeming like it would explode and ruin her in every way possible.

"Benny," John looked down, his hand on the phone trying not to imagine her face or the pain that was so evident in her voice. He pressed his other hand against his forehead and rubbed as if it would bring some form of relieve to his ailments.

"I don't wanna hear your excuses- I really don't," She exhaled angrily, but the anger was dying out from exhaustion of her life. Her head was spinning as she sat cross-legged on her bed. The night that was supposed to be a fun night, instead she was stressed out and on the brink of tears.

"Benny, nothing happened I swear it!" John repeated the phrase one more time as if it would form some impact this time. She rolled her eyes wondering why she was even wasting her minutes on this. "Bennett Fallon, I swear on my life that nothing happened, she slept in my bed and that is it," John said with the genuineness that couldn't be faked. She knew that he was a terrible liar anyways.

"John, I don't wanna fight about this anymore," She said quietly bending over and crashing into her pillows, not caring about her makeup or her hair she had done to go out that night. She was just so exhauster he whole body felt heavy.

"Bennett, just say you trust me," John pleaded looking up at the California coast outside his motel window, where all his friends were huddled with girls they had just met around a bon fire. He was inside because she was worth this fight, he wasn't about to lose her over a stupid mistake.

"John, I trust you," She whispered, she still had her doubts. Not that she wanted to have doubts, but she had them regardless. He accepted this and let out a sigh of relieve, but her chest was still close to exploding. Melissa came into the room, completely dressed in a red dress and silver strappy heels that made her look like she was asking for it. She had made it clear that she was, so it ended up working for her.

"Alright, well I'll call you tomorrow," John said standing up and feeling slightly accomplished, she seemed to be better and wasn't saying anything. In his gut he knew that not all was well, but he ignored his gut because he was tired too. This relationship that had so many rewards seemed to drain them as well. "I love you," He said with conviction that made her heart flutter. She closed her eyes and she could see their first kiss at homecoming three years ago and it seemed like yesterday.

"I love you too, sweetheart," She smiled, she could hear him chuckle from that pet name. He always made of her for it, saying it was something that died out in the fifties. She chuckled, fondly remembering it before saying goodbye and hanging up to see Melissa looking at her sympathetically. She was still angry, but anger didn't seem worth the trouble. She wanted to forget about John, about their fight and about home which is typically what vacations were for.

"Hey, what's up?" Melissa asked non-chalantly, attempting to not be prying, but clearly interested in what had gone down. That was probably why they got along so well, neither of them was dying to get into each other's business. Instead, they waited for each other to open up. It worked for them.

"John, uh, slept with a girl. Not like slept like sex, but like actually slept. Apparently they got really drunk with some local girls on the beach and crashed at their room," She let out all in one breath, trying not to let the fact it bothered her so much show through, but Melissa knew her and knew the screens Benny tried to put up.

"Oh shit, I'm so sorry Bennett," She said her valid sympathy showing on her face. She wrapped her arms around Benny and somehow the wall Benny built up keeping herself together broke down. She felt her whole body shaking in sobs and let Melissa sooth her.

"I don't even know why I'm so upset, he says they didn't do anything, but I'm so scared he's lying to me Mel," She whispered after most of the waterworks were done, she sniffled knowing she looked disgusting. She wiped her eyes, which looked lighter in tears inexplicably. It felt strange saying the words that were on her mind the whole time she was on the phone with John out loud.

"Ben, John loves you more than anything, I doubt he would lie to you. I doubt Max would even let him live if he cheated on you AND lied to you about it," Melissa stroked her hair and gave Benny her honest opinion, with a confident smile. This was a valid point that Benny had forgot about, Max.

"I feel so dumb, I love you Melly," She smiled still plagued with racing thoughts and an active imagination. She laughed wiping her eyes with a tissue Melissa gave her, and after blowing her nose she felt better.

"I love you Bennett! Don't I'd be totally wrecked right now if Brent had done something like that," Melissa said trying to be friendly, but her eyes saddened by the memory of her ex-boyfriend. This guilt-tripped Benny more than anything.

"Let's just get drunk and forget about boys!" Benny said hugging her best friend tightly and laughter coming from both of them. Then they set off to work quickly and swiftly, Benny fixing her makeup and Melissa working on an outfit for her. They were excited to go to a club in Mexico accompanied by Garrett, Pat, Trey and his friend Cody and after slipping on a black dress and black heels they were ready.

"So wrong, cover yourself up!" Trey badgered Melissa trying to force his sports coat on her, despite the fact he probably shouldn't be wearing a sports coat to a club anyways. Melissa flicked him off and made her way to the other side of line they had formed walking. They laughed as they made their way into a club no one could pronounce and made their way to the bar.

"To best friends and one hell of a night," Benny giggled as she lifted a double shot of tequila up to a grinning blonde. Both of them had mischievousness gleaming in their eyes brightly as the anticipation of the night left them giddy.

"To a night we'll never forget," Melissa winked before they knocked the shots back. Two men came up and approached them, both of them fairly young, 21 at the oldest and attractive.

"Hola bonitas, como estas?" One of them asked before they gave him curious, uncomprehending eyes. He laughed, a soft laugh and spoke quick words no one could understand to his friend before turning back to them. "You are tourists, no?" He said with a slight accent.

"Yeah," Benny laughed, Melissa however had seen someone from across the room and was slowly creeping towards him, leaving Benny with the two men. She felt alarmed at first, but after the conversation developed she felt at ease. They said they went to the local university and didn't usually go out, both had girlfriends and were intrigued by the fact they looked so American. This seemed harmless enough to Benny.

"I'll get you a drink," Julian, the one who initially approached them smiled, his friend suddenly left to go talk to another girl. Benny sat waiting for Julian to come back and saw Cody smiling at her from across the room, Trey by his side. She waved to them awkwardly, but diverted her attention to Julian, back with one pink drink and a beer in his hand. He offered her the pink one with a hearty smile, "What you American girls like to drink? I have only heard from movies," he grinned, she found his accent alluring almost.

"I actually like whiskey, but thanks," She grinned before taking a sip. Which was the first mistake she made of the night. Five minutes after the drink the room was spinning, nothing looked familiar and all the faces were blurry. She had to concentrate so hard to even see Julain's face, but most of all she was tired.

She stumbled with his hand on her back, looking around desperately and trying to stop because she didn't want to go. She wanted to be with Melissa going back to the cruise ship now, but none of these thoughts could be formulated into words. She bit her bottom lip and sighed loudly.

Soon they were in the bathroom, lips crashed on to hers and her nose scrunched, not sure what was going on. His hands were all over her and his breathing was heavy and before she realized was happening she felt a hand slide up her skirt. It took all the force she could muster before she could scream help at the top of her lungs as the hand that was traveling up her skirt moved to cover her mouth. There was banging and loud noises, someone pulling him off of her, fighting words and then blackness.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sooooo, sorry this is a sad chapter, but yeah.
also roofies and roofy-ing or whatever is a really serious thing. i know theirs different kinds of drugs that do different things, but i know a lot of girls personally who have been roofied and this is what my friend told me what happened to her. if it does happen to you, tell someone. my friend who got roofied by her date told me it was the scariest thing that has ever happened to her. just be really careful, watch your drinks and if it's a mixed drink- know what's in it and who made it or just make it yourself. you really cannot be too careful and i love you guys so please be safe!
okay so rant over, but i hope you all enjoyed the chapter and thanks for reading. comments are appreciated and i love y'all for reading!