Status: DONE.

Young Love Was Such Dumb Love

Further.

"Apologize." Bennett Fallon, kept her arms crossed across her chest and her eyebrow raised. Letting him know that she wasn't going to back down any time soon and she kept close attention to his eyes to make sure they weren't on her cleavage which happened to be enhanced by her arms being crossed.

"But-" John O'Callaghan began to protest while sitting in her desk chair while she stood about three feet away giving him the whole enforcer routine. He sighed realizing that his ego would have to take a bruising, he looked her in the eyes noting her chest with his sneaky skills acquired from the older guys on the basketball team while he was a freshman.

"You want to get back together, that's my condition," She stated firmly again, knowing full well this was meant more from John than flowers or a diamond necklace. She loved him still and she realized she let the moment get to her too quickly after talking to her grandfather in tears, which is all Max saw before he went galavanting over to the O'Callaghan house busting skulls.

"Well, Bennett Marie Fallon, I truly, deeply ap-," John began looking her in the eyes and trying to give her his patented "look" that made hearts melt and got him out of trouble since he could talk.

"Not me, John," she sighed rolling her eyes, she dropped her arms and continued, "I want you to apologize to Cody for being so rude the other night, I already know you're sorry about what you said to me just because you're back here. Do that and we're squared." She smiled curtly.

"Benny! I'm never gonna see him ever again and what does he have to do with our relationship?" John began protesting scarily like he used to protest when he was five-years-old. He dropped his shoulders after she raised her eyebrows again and he knew this was the only way to fix this mess they had gotten into. "Fine," he sighed, still showing how much he didn't want to do this.

"Hey, apologizing isn't that bad, besides I'll make it up to you," Benny smiled coyly before kissing John on the cheek and heading to the Nickelsen house where all of this had started. Since Benny and Garrett had gotten a lot closer he told her that Cody was there.

They waited after Benny rang the doorbell and waited patiently while Melissa answered the door with pink ear plugs in. Once they entered the house they realized why, not to say that Garrett's band was bad, it was just heavy, very heavy. "John's actually apologizing? I never thought I'd see the day!" Melissa yelled due to the ear plugs in her ears. Benny took one out then smiled. "Sorry," she giggled slightly embarrassed, "he's in the garage making that god-awful racket."

John sighed before nodding and walking towards the door Melissa had pointed out for him, he realized that Benny was gossiping with Melissa about something or other and almost called out to her, then thought he for his ego's sake she should stay here. He opened the door and waved after seeing Cody screaming into the microphone deafening him slightly and waited patiently until the song was over.

"'Sup John," Cody smiled once after placing the microphone back into the stand and smiled. He shoved his hands into his pockets and John just hated him more 'cause his face was dumb. It didn't have to be a good reason, but he did.

"Hey bro, I just wanted to apologize for the other night. Whenever I think about what happened to Bennett it just makes me mad, and I took it out on you," John faked a smile and stuck his hand out. He was just trying to get through this as quick as possible.

"Ah dude, it's cool I get it. She's freaking hot I get why you'd be paranoid about other guys. Between us guys I was tempted to cop a feel," Cody laughed, John's smile faded into a frown and soon after Cody finished his last word John's fist flew and landed right on his face. They both got in a few hits before the guys pulled them apart. "What the hell, bro?" Cody yelled after wiping blood now dripping from his nose.

"You wanted to feel my fucking girlfriend up while she was fucking drugged, you fucking pervert," John spat back, he tasted blood probably from the split lip. Cody laughed for whatever reason and the room grew silent as John tried to go at him again before getting held back successfully. Right then the door opened and everyone turned to see Benny with her jaw dropped, her eyes moved from the blood on both the boys' faces before she gave John a look and turned to walk out the door.

John cursed under his breath before chasing after, he found her walking with her head dropped on the sidewalk back to his house. She turned after hearing his footsteps. Her heart was pounding as tears came gracefully falling from her eyes, John saw it all in her eyes. "I asked t-to do one thing, one thing," her voice began cracking from tears, "and you couldn't even do that for me, no, for us!"

"Benny, you don't understand he-" He tried to justify why he had just done what he did. She couldn't be mad if she just knew.

"John, it's not about him," She spoke calmly, opening her eyes wide to look up at him as they continued streaming out tears. He felt into total awe of her, unable to speak. "Please don't call," She smiled sadly before nodding and turning and walking back into her house. John stood there watching her walk away and shoved his hands in his pockets in a mix of anger and sadness he'd never felt. He trekked past his family as if they were in a completely different world than him. He stared and laid on his bed, staring at the door. Sadness drained him and he drifted off into sleep still in his clothes on top of the covers.

------------------------------------------

"John," he heard whispered into his ear, a tickle on the hairs of his neck as he muttered dismissing it as a breeze. "John," he heard this time more firmly and louder causing him to jolt awake in alarm until he saw a familiar brunette smiling and lying next to him.

"Benny, I wanna tell you I hit him becau-" John began sputtering out and stared at her in desperation. She placed her hand over his mouth, much like he had when they were watching the football game all that time ago.

"John, Garrett told me everything, I'm sorry," She spoke softly, he could tell she'd been crying but her brown eyes still looked beautiful even though they were red. She looked at him sure of him more than she had ever been more sure about anything in her life. A sadness came into them seeing the scabs forming under his eye and she pressed her lips lightly to them before sitting up straight again.

"It's okay, I'm sorry too," He smiled once she had removed her hand from his lips, he leaned forward and pressed them to hers, which felt amazing after he thought he'd never feel them on his again. She deepened the kiss leaning forward and running her hands through his hair. Till his mind started racing and he pulled backwards, "how did you get into my house?"

"Spare under flower pot, I've seen you use it like twenty times before. I just think you should know I knocked first and uh, no one is home," She smiled bringing her voice to a whisper as she finished speaking. Her lips seemed hungry and her eyes had seduction in them.

"Oh really? So what are we going to do all alone?" John asked going along with the scheme. She chuckled before laying down next to them and rejoining their lips. She brought her leg up over his and he put around her and pulling him closer to him.

She ran her tongue along his bottom lip and he eagerly opened his mouth and massaged hers with his before her fingers began toying with the bottom of his shirt she lifted up over his head. As soon as his shirt was off he stopped to think what they were about to do and how things had ended before anything got started and he parted from her again.

"Are you sure you wanna do this?" John whispered sitting up and staring at her. If was obvious he wanted to do it, a hunger lurking in his greenish-blue eyes before giving her the look once they've gotten to this point in... relations as they had numerous times before. She smiled and stood up and for a second he was disappointed until she moved the straps of her pale yellow sundress off her shoulders and let it slip off her body, leaving her standing in a nude lace bra and black boy shorts.

"I've never been more sure, about this, right now and you," She whispered into his ear before kissing it gently. John smiled before standing up and playing a playlist from his computer he'd made just for this moment, as suggested by one of his "player" cousins and turned to see her hugging her knees with her ankles crossed smiling brightly.

"What?" He laughed, before nervously before removing his straight-legged jeans and leaving him in grey boxer-briefs. She smiled mysteriously before patting next to her, he flicked off the light leaving only the desk lamp and the light from the laptop, which was softly playing Transatlanticism by Death Cab.

"Are you ready?" She asked seeming quite serene, he could tell this was different than all the other times they had reached this point in physical activity. She looked up at him grabbing his hand lightly playing with his fingers.

"Yeah," He whispered before they brought their lips together again and reconvened under the thin white sheets. They seemed to be moving 100 miles per hour as his fingers quickly removed her bra and both their underpants until he kissed down her neck stopping to look in her eye as he hoisted himself over her giving one last questioning look to see if she was ready before he took the plunge, she smiled answering his question with a simple kiss on the lips. He took a deep breath and kissed her before taking them further than they'd ever gone before. Their eyes locked and focused on each other knowing this moment couldn't be any more right.
♠ ♠ ♠
so uh, yeah, let me know what you think
i'm hoping to wrap this story up soon
dumb question, but would y'all prefer a happy ending or a realistic ending because i can do both and i care about what y'all think :)
thanks for reading!