Status: DONE.

Young Love Was Such Dumb Love

At Least.

John O'Callaghan and Bennett Fallon made their way, hand in hand through the crowded house trying to find a friendly face despite the fact he knew almost everyone in the house. They weren't the people that they wanted to celebrate with, when they finally made their way to the kitchen they spotted a tall redhead standing next to a shorter brunette and a laughing blonde.

"Bennett!" Melissa stretched her arms around her tightly, her bright blue eyes starting to slip away from sobriety, but she was simply buzzed. Tim and Jared however were a completely different story.

"Hey Melissa, Hey Tim," Benny said hugging each of them hello, seeing both of them dressed in skinny jeans and white v-necks made her feel incredibly overdressed, but tonight she didn't really care. She couldn't care, she laughed pulling up her purse higher on her shoulder, she had a feeling John wouldn't be driving them home tonight so she stuck to the Diet Coke in her hand.

"Babe, Jared and I are gonna go take shots," John said quickly before kissing her cheek lightly and rushing off. "Tim, bro! Come on!" He called out getting on his tippy toes to look over some girl's head and Tim planted a kiss on Melissa's lips before chasing after his friends.

"Boys will be boys?" Benny laughed, shrugging her shoulders wondering why they had run off so quickly. Melissa chuckled in agreement until her eye was caught by a bright ring on Benny's left hand that clutched her coke. Benny heard John's voice yelling about something or other and turned instinctively, only to turn back around and see Melissa staring at her with serious eyes.

"Bennett, please don't tell me that's what I think it is?" She said tilting her head and staring down at the ring. Benny took a deep breath realizing that this was the beginning of the disapproving tidal waves that were going to crash down on her and John about their new engagement.

"Depends on what you think it is?" Benny smiled cooly, taking a sip of her diet coke before Melissa let out a laugh slapping her shoulder softly. After deciding it was too loud inside to carry on a conversation they went out into the backyard and laid down on the tanning chairs staring up at the stars.

"So anyways, is that an engagement ring?" She whispered like they were talking about having an STD or something until her eyes brightened up with the reminder of Tim. "Actually, please do tell me it's an engagement right! I totally bet Tim that y'all wouldn't wait until you were out of high school to get engaged," Melissa laughed brightly, but it was more than the twenty dollars she won, she knew her best friend was happy with John.

"Well then, I guess you just won your bet, he just asked me!" Benny smiled proudly showing off the ring before she turned and saw through the glass sliding doors her boyfriend getting incredibly wasted incredibly fast, or fiance, it was hard to think of him as anything but her dumb ass boyfriend who she loved so much.

They continued to talk until both girls started to get chilly and made their way back inside and towards the living room where Tim, John and Jared were singing a Christmas song obnoxiously, despite the fact it was June. "There's the girl I'm gonna marry! Bennett! I love you so much!" John yelled loudly as he saw Benny walking up with Melissa slightly mortified.

John tried to get off the table, once climbed down, he staggered off and almost face-planted had Benny not been there to duck under his arm and hold him up. He giggled brightly after opening his eyes expecting to fall down and seeing her face with a raised eyebrow.

He brought his face close to her's and then she saw how pale he really was, "Baby, I think I'm gonna be sick," He whispered and with that she rushed him out of the house so he could vomit in the front yard amongst the bushes, and she rubbed circles into his back hoping no one would really notice.

"Come on, give me your keys and I'll drive you home," She stated, holding her hands out as John patted all his pockets until finding the one with his car keys in them. Benny thought about asking anyone of them if they needed a ride home, but John was already wandering up the driveway, hitting everything that he possibly could and she groaned chasing after him.

"Ben, I'm gonna stick m-my head out the window, in case I get sick!" John said with a childish smile on his lips before rolling down the window and sticking his head out like a dog. She laughed and couldn't help but remember her freshman homecoming when she was helped John while he was vomiting in the bathroom and she remembered that night when they first acknowledged their feelings for each other. It honestly seemed like just yesterday, but here they were engaged and John fresh out of high school.

Once they got back home, John decided to puke in the neighbor's lawn so that their parents couldn't get mad at him. She laughed at his reasoning, even though he was getting sick he still seemed incredibly happy, it was one of the reasons she loved him. She pulled his hand and unlocked her front door, making sure that John wouldn't say one word until they were safely in her room.

She began stripping off her dress and replacing it with her boxers as John sat on her bed ogling her. She turned to slip off her bra before putting on an oversized shirt when she felt John's hands snake around her waist and his breath heavy in her ear, he couldn't even stand up straight. "Baby I love you so much, let's make love," He said dragging out the 'o' sound in love.

"John, you're drunk. Go to bed," She laughed helping him take off his shirt and skinny jeans and he started planting kisses all over her neck, falling on her slightly before catching himself. She slipped out of his grip and slid into her bed fluffing her pillow before turning off the light.

She saw his skinny shadow make its way across the room and into bed with her before he tried to kiss her again, his breath smelt like stale alcohol and cigarettes, "You're so beautiful and I'm just like brand new, thirteen again and I love you," He said as his hand crept up shirt and over her chest, before she felt his hot breath on her neck.

"John, you are literally making no sense right now, so go to bed and maybe we can have morning sex tomorrow, okay?" She laughed pulling his hand out from her shirt and setting back on his side of the bed.

"REALLY?!" He shot up raising his voice slightly before Benny shushed him, trying to muffle laughter of her own. John's eyes grew big before he laid back down and shut his eyes, pretending to be asleep as Benny tried to do the same. She was starting to fall asleep when his voice whispered, "Benny, I can't wait until you're my wife and we have four little boys that are sexy as fuck, like us," He whispered.

"John, I am not having four kids. Go to bed baby," She groaned as she switched sides she was laying on to face him. A tired smile on her face as his eyes seemed wide awake and slightly more sober.

"Not till you tell me you love me!" He said raising a fist trying to seem epic and she let out a small giggle which only encouraged him. "I shall not sleep one wink until those words leave your beautiful lips! Just tell me that you love me," He said before decrescendoing into a soft whisper.

"I love you John, I don't know why, but I love you with all of my heart," She whispered with so much love in her eyes that he knew he had met the one. "And I hope that hangover you get tomorrow teaches you a lesson," She added on playfully, he smiled and kissed her so gently before passing out and snoring softly. She stayed for a while, playing with his hair and staring at the ring on her hand and the boy who had his arm tightly around her waist. They seemed to fit together perfectly.

"Good morning, sunshine!" Mrs. Fallon busted into her daughter's room before double taking, "oh, John's here!" Her eyes bulging trying not to think the worst, but they were teenagers and he was not wearing a shirt.

"Ah yeah, after the graduation party he crashed here," Benny nearly jumped out of bed to show that she was fully clothed and trying to avoid a full blown panic attack on the part of her mother. Mrs. Fallon let out a relieved sigh before her eyes bulged again for a different reason.

"Bennett Marie Fallon, what is that on your finger?!" She nearly shrieked, it was amazing that John was sleeping through all of it. Mrs. Fallon's jaw dropped along with the fresh laundry she had brought up.

"An engagement ring?" Benny said with her eyebrows raising hoping that the softer she said it the less repercussions would follow. Benny's hands both went behind her instinctively before Mrs. Fallon grabbed her arm and stared at it.

"What? Hold on, wake up John and I'm gonna call Leanne and your daddy, they have to hear this," Mrs. Fallon bustled out of the room sounding half excited and half furious. She looked at her daughter who had gotten accepted to Columbia and was turning it down to go to ASU so she could be closer to the boy who gave her that ring. Benny cursed under her breath before rushing to the side of her bed where John's arm was now hanging over.

"Shit, shit, shit. John, sweetie, wake up!" She shook his shoulders lightly trying not to freak out, but she was daddy's little girl and her daddy would probably kill John if he knew that he not only slept in her bed last night and proposed to her before she was out of high school.

"Baby, ten more minutes," He groaned before flipping over and throwing an arm over his eyes to block out the sunlight. "I drank my weight in Jack last night, ten more minutes." He dismissed her before turning onto his face.

"Well, who's fault is that and if it were up to me, I wouldn't be waking you up, but your parents and my parents are meeting downstairs after they saw the ring in like ten minutes, so I would get your ass up," She said finally giving into panic, the sharpness in her voice growing.

"What?" He shot up before looking at Benny who looked like Bambi after his mother got shot and sighed. He got dressed faster than he ever had in his life and wrapped his arm around her, "I guess we're fucked, huh?" He asked as she grabbed his hand. "At least we're fucked together," he added with a smile on his lips before kissing her gently. That was true, she thought, at least they were together.
♠ ♠ ♠
hehehe. i hope you guys like this chapter!
thank you so much for commenting/subcribing/reading
sorry i haven't been so good with updating this story
but if you're still reading despite that fact, i love you :)
and i'm already working on another chapter so :D!