Status: DONE.

Young Love Was Such Dumb Love

Life.

Bennett Fallon cursed mathematics as she tried to buckle down and do her homework that was due on Monday and seemed impossible to figure out. She groaned flipping her straightened brown hair over her shoulder and fixed the white cami over boxer shorts, she just wanted to comfortable while she droned on miserably with school work. There was a knock at her door and she let a small 'come in' before she saw a familiar tall lanky boy standing in the door frame.

John's thoughts were racing, it seemed life had been throwing everything it had at him. It was beginning to take its toll on him, honestly he thought about getting drunk off his ass with his best friends tonight, but instead went home once he was done with his classes. Something told him to come home and she was home to him.

"Hey babe, what are you doing here?" She looked at him trying to wipe off the mascara falling down her eyes. Even after dating for what seemed like forever she still wanted to look good for him. When John went off to school they saw less of each other, talking a little, but she didn't want to bother him since he was in college now.

"Oh, uh, I just wanted to see you, wanted to take a break from the wild and crazy dorm life," He smiled, his eyes were tired. His whole body seemed to be heavier than it should've been. Maybe it was the booze, maybe it was the weed or maybe it was the routine of school work.

"Oh you party animal, you," She laughed before realizing how upset he seemed. His eyes lost a bit of their glitter, his whole aura seemed sad and a concern grew in her gut. "What's wrong? You seem so... sad or conflicted, what's up?" She asked turning from her desk chair to face him, her legs remaining crossed.

"Uh, it's nothing, but I'm just stuck. If I tell you something, will you promise not to tell anyone?" he asked, plopping down at the edge of her bed before she realized that something had to be wrong. She nodded her head, and sitting down next to him and kissing his cheek lightly. "I wanna drop out of school, I mean it's not where I wanna be," John admitted quietly.

"John, I think you should think about it, but if you know you wanna take a break from school and that's what's best for you- then yeah do it," she smiled making him feel so much better about it. Not nagging at him to suck it up or telling him what he wanted to hear, it was her opinion.

"And you won't be mad at me?" He raised his eyebrow concerned this might've been a trick. He had been walking on eggshells around girls lately after seeing all his friends' girlfriends breaking up with them because things had changed so much. Things had changed monumentally with them and he was slightly terrified they would change too much for them to adapt.

"And I won't be mad at you," she smiled brightly. John just let out a small before kissing her lips again. He felt a wave of homesickness crash over him just with those lips. "Any word from Tim and the guys?" she asked changing the subject.

"Uh, yeah, it's kind of funny isn't it? I mean the fact I would be replacing Cody," he chuckled remembering the envy he had once felt for the boy and a sense of pride in the fact his friend wanted him to tryout for the band Cody had gotten kicked out of. "I haven't gone over yet, but Tim hasn't stopped haggling me," John chuckled shyly.

"Well, I think you should do it because they're gonna be so much better with you it," she kissed his cheek before fixing the collar of his black v-neck that his broad shoulders had gotten more muscular even though they were still pretty thin. She noticed John staring at her and let out a nervous laugh, "what?"

"Nothing, you're just amazing. You're my biggest support and you're always there for me," he smiled with all the love in the world in his eyes, and she was slightly taken aback. John hadn't said anything like that to her since they had gotten engaged six months ago. "I love you so much," he whispered, playing with the diamond ring on her necklace that she never took off.

"I'll always be there for you," she said as her fingers lightly traced his cheek and a chill went down his spine, just from the smallest touch. "Because, I love you. Now, call Tim and see if we can go over right now," She smiled pressing her lips to his cheek and patting his thigh before returning to her desk chair.

"What now? But Benny," He started to whine before she raised an eyebrow at him. "Fine, I'll call," he said before waiting for her downstairs so she could get dressed first. She met him at the bottom of the staircase in denim shorts and an Auburn sweatshirt. It was beginning to turn into winter in Arizona, which meant it was still chilly, but not too chilly. He grabbed her hand again before they drove over to the Kirch household and Tim met them at the front door.

"John! I'm so psyched you're finally trying out! Hey, Bennett, long time no see!" He smiled before hugging her. It had actually been a long time, since they had seen each other despite the fact he was dating her best friend. "Come on in," he waved them into the house and led them to a room, a bunch of guys sitting around.

"Let's hear what you got," Garrett smiled before letting John listen to a song the Maine had recored with their previous singer. John felt a wave of butterflies in his stomach and a paralyzing nervousness seemed to overwhelm him. He looked up with his jaw hanging before meeting a pair of brown eyes looking at him hopefully, a smile spreading across her perfect pink lips and he inhaled sharply before singing.

"'Cause you're in love with love you're not in love with him, and I can tell by the way you shake it off- you don't know what you're doing to him," He sang, keeping his eyes on the girl by his side that kept his head above water. He finished the song before laughing nervously, looking at the rest of the band waiting for their response.

"You're in," Pat grinned after they all huddled around in whispers, they all clapped, and John felt a wave of relief crash over him. His stomach unknotted itself and he chuckled before Tim cheered him on, excitedly before thin arms wrapped around him.

"I'm so proud of you, baby!" Benny yelped excitedly before he hugged her tightly, never wanting to let her go. He kept an arm wrapped around her waist as Tim started talking about what he needed to do in order to officially join the band, as far as the business portion. John kept stealing looks at Benny, in awe that he had found the perfect girl, who had pushed him to audition and had faith in him no matter what. He knew with her by his side, he'd be okay no matter what life threw at him.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry this is short, but i already started on another chapter :)
thanks for reading :D and i really appreciate those of you who commented!
i'm hoping to break 100 comments?
but yeah, let me know what you think haha.